1,033 results
All reviews lake view miami airport free breakfast yogurt next morning the shuttle driver nice hotel clean rooms free shuttle short stay sitting area front desk staff would stay here again stayed for one night rental car an early flight minute drive
Reviewed 30 April 2018

When planning a trip to Haiti, I purposely planned a 16 hour layover in Miami because I had never been and I needed a place to stay that was affordable and close to the airport because my flight left the next morning at 7am. The hotel is close to the airport and was easy to drive to. I would suggest if you are renting a car to get the toll package that is like $11 a day. This hotel is on a toll road. Also the fastest way to get to Miami Beach is via a toll road as well, so I was so happy I added package to my rental car fees.

The room is pretty spacious with a couch, desk, and kitchenette. The only issue I had was with the bed sheets. They were old and rough. They had been washed so many times and had all of those balls of lent on them. Also there was this long blonde hair all on the wall of the shower in the bathroom. Overall it was a basic, economy hotel. It did what it needed to do. I felt safe, I slept well, and it was easy to catch my flight the next morning.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Really enjoyed my week stay at this particular hotel. The room was huge with an excellent view of the water. This is unexpected! My room faced the water, I left the curtain open during my entire stay. Relaxing view.

The hotel was clean upon entry and the customer service was great. The person at the front desk suggested restaurants we could dine at. Also said the shuttle bus was able to take us to the restaurants.

The breakfast was such a pleasant surprise. It included everything you could think of. The food was seasoned well and the eating area was clean. The breakfast consisted of a variety of eggs, potatoes, sausages, pastries, fruits, cereals, oatmeal, breads, yogurts, deli meats, and too much more to name. The breakfast was great!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2018

I had stayed at this hotel last year and was unhappy with some of the staff's negative attitude, which bordered on rudeness.
This year, I noticed a significant improvement.
When my husband and I went to the dining area for breakfast, during this most recent stay, we encountered pleasant, helpful staff. They even smiled, which was not the case when we had stayed there last year.
The reception area staff we dealt with this year were exceptionally friendly, helpful and very welcoming.
The bartender was the same bartender we had met last year and he was wonderful both last year and this year.
Our room was comfortable and clean.
We could not get a lot of the TV channels. We called and a very nice maintenance person came to see if he could fix it. Unfortunately, he couldn't because the problem had to do with the HD channels or something like that, which was out of his control.
I was disappointed by the fact that this hotel does not recycle. I had quite a few plastic water bottles which I wanted to dispose of responsibly and was told they do not have any type of recycle bin.
I would like to stay here again during my next trip to Miami because the location is very convenient and I am pleased with the improvements I noticed during this recent stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2018

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE ! We arrived at the hotel with our reservation in hands without thinking that we would sleep 20 miles away. Our reservation was "Apparently" not received by the hotel from booking, (We payed ~$170 for 1 night, they probably sold our room for more $). The Staff couldn't care less to leave a mother and her son behind at 11PM when we actually did a reservation in the morning. Of course the hotel was all booked ! So we spent 1 hour on the phone trying to find another hotel but the receptionists told us that "They had jobs to do so they couldn't call for us !" We did lots of hotel and they all treated us like a customer except this one . They treat business men with American Express better than families or tourists. Awful Experience and will never return to any SpringHill hotels. We are paying customers from booking since 2008 and trust me, You SpringHill, know that this error is Yours and You couldn't care less for your paying customers.
Sincerely, Loan & Valerie

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Loan L
Reviewed 16 March 2018

My ‘typical’ review goes like this:
When traveling, we consider several factors in choosing lodging, then rating it afterwards. Reviews by others are very important, and we do our homework. Other considerations are location, price, available breakfast, and communication. Comfort, adequate lighting, bathroom counter space, shower water pressure…are all things that make a stay comfortable or not. We try and get hotels that have character or a feel for where we are, for the type of trip we are on. In other words, when in Prague, we don't want the Hilton. Exceptions are when we need a place to just sleep while passing thru an area. My reviews are based on these factors.

We needed a place to stay for hubby and I, my mother, and hubby’s brother after flying in from the west coast to Ft. Lauderdale, uber to Miami, then a cruise the next morning.

We were SHOCKED to see how hight the prices were, and how they jumped in Jan from Dec. We only needed a place to sleep, but finding something for that configuration was not possible. WE are Marriott Platinum members (for now) and 6 mos in advance we booked a room at a Fairfield to use up our points and another with $ (Mom and I in one, and the guys in the other, of course). After living in a Marriott Townplace Suites for 3 mos while on a work assignment we tried to use those new points toward the room we had paid for but it was not an option. The clerk at Marriott found us this hotel for a bit more, but all our new points were used up to pay for the second room for just 1 night! Wow. Glad to save money but still…

Location, the Uber guy had an issue finding it and I pointed it out as we drove past. It is in a really strange location to access. The big negative was that once dropped off we didn’t have a way to leave. After sitting since 4 am CA time and arriving by 9 pm Fla time….I wanted to WALK! Unfortunately there was no place to go. The back along the lake is pretty, but fenced on both sides. Out front all you can explore is the parking lot. Google earth doesn’t show you on a busy street without sidewalks or a corner or a light to cross. Even the desk clerk advised against it. So…we saw nothing around the hotel. We ate at the hotel because there was no way to walk to someplace nearby. That said, at least the food at the little diner was good at about 9$ each.

Checkin was fast and easy. Unfortunately we were not put in rooms nearby or even on the same floor. We spent lots of time trying to find each other, going in circles. The hotel seemed pretty empty so I don’t understand why. Hubby didn’t want me to make any changes. We were too tired to think.
The building itself is very nice. Clean and modern. Staff was very nice.
Breakfast was nice and adequate, after all, we were heading to a cruise ship so we weren’t going to go hungry. There was a small area by desk with MW type goodies and frozen meals. I really couldn’t eat most of them as they were either spicy or very dairy filled. The last thing I needed before standing in a long line in the morning or sharing a room with mom.

The room had plusses and minus’s. Beds were very comfortable. We had a nice view of the ‘lake’. There was a basic kitchen we didn’t need, a desk, and it was very quiet. The room was pretty dark even with the lights. Very difficult to view the TV with the weird angle it is placed so that it is viewable from all areas but far from the couch or end bed…toward the kitchen.

Bathroom left something to be desired in both rooms. The door should have been hung to swing outward. It couldn’t be opened and closed easily if you have feet. It took some weird footwork to not run over the toes. Actually I don’t know how that would be to code. If someone fell or fainted you couldn’t get in to get them.
The shower had great pressure but I have a pet peeve with showers that don’t have a place for women to put their foot to shave, or leave room to bend over. Can’t recall the counter or mirror issue but I think it was basic.

We paid $10 pp for a shuttle to the ship….going past other locations for pick ups on the way. took longer, but comfortable and door to door service.

Sorry, after a month, I am glad I had my notes to use. I really remember very little.

Room Tip: Don't plan on walking anywhere from here
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple