“Oxtail delight”
Review of Blue Collar

Blue Collar
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Collar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 4,852 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just finished dinner at Blue Collar had great experiences eating a favorite dishes Oxtail. Started sharing conch fritters which were excellent served with a delicious spicy sauce. One of tonight's specials from the menu section the Dailies was the Oxtail,a dish I was a custom to eating growing VIP in a Cuban home. It's was served with mashed potatoes and a slice of bread. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The oxtail was a delight to eat,the meat fell off the bones and seasoned just right the home made mashed potatoes were heavenly and the thick bread slice tasted as good as it looked nicely toasted. Everything was delicious and I was so involved in eating my meal I didn't even realize anything wrong with the service or that the floor had food on it. This was brought to my attention by my dinner companion who also thought his food was excellent but thought the servers should have been more attentive. Again I was so involved enjoying my meal I think nether server didn't need to interrupt my total enjoyment by asking if everything was alright. I made that obvious while enjoying my meal so much and by leaving my bones completely clean. Highly recommend Blue Collar even if the decor is simple and functional serve me such a good plate of food and I get so involved in eating it and totally enjoying my meal. Everything else seems to disappear.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were looking for a "healthier" dinner and there you will definitely get it! The vegetables for example as sides tasted great and fresh; there is an open kitchen. Small space, but great cooks! Prices OK.

Reviewed 3 November 2018 via mobile

Had the duck confit Benedict the three times I’ve been here. Not because there is nothing else that’s good but because it’s THAT good. I can’t get get myself to order anything else because this is the only place I can get it. It sounds that it should be fatty but that is not what stands out in this dish. You have tanginess from the cheese and gravy and the bread is soft in the center with crusty buttery edge. AMAZING!!!

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 14 October 2018

My wife and I wanted to eat a burger, but a good one, so I asked google. In the list of the best burger in Miami, we choose Blue Collar, the place is not particularly elegant, but has a family atmosphere, we were with our 2 years sun, they do not have a specific menu for kids, but they were kind to fix a pasta with tomato sauce. Even if the menu offered many dishes that called our attention, we ordered the Burger, the truth is that google was right, we ate a Burger of those that make the difference ....... delicious !! we will return to try other dishes, the manager and all the staff have been very friendly and attentive. GOOD JOB!!

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

Jojo’s tea , is served in a thermos just like your blue collar family members did 40 yrs ago. Comfort food and ambiance go hand and hand . This 38 seat hidden gem is growing in popularity, make a reservation is a must and you’ll still wait , large tables are few a far between. 2 or 4 people is the norm here
Excellent food preparation is visible from almost every seat.
SAUCE APPLE , get some ! Period

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Blue Collar? Share your experiences!