19 people are viewing this hotel
US$599
Free cancellation until 06/03/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$600
PricelineUS$599
Hotels.comUS$600
getaroom.comUS$636
3,261 results
All reviews brickell key la mar private beach south beach peruvian restaurant room service luxury hotel in room dining large balcony overlooking the bay lobby bar beautiful hotel pool side valet parking four seasons mo spa
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

The hotel is gorgeous. Fantastic location right near Brickell. Close to activity but not in the middle of the madness called South Beach. We had a 2 bedroom which was perfect. King bed, nice living area with couch, another bedroom with 2 queens. Plenty of space and a great wrap around balcony with incredible views. Service was flawless (other than the pool) and the hotel was kept to six star standards. Blows away the Four Seasons, Ritz, etc.

The pool and “beach” areas are a huge negative. The beach area is a secured sand area just for the hotel. No swimming there. There are way, I mean way, too few chairs at the pool and beach. Maybe 50 total chairs for over 300 rooms (and this is more because of social distancing). And the only way to really get one is to make sure you are tipping the right person. There is a waiting list but this is a sham. The people working the pool and beach wants to get paid and want to know you are going to be drinking and eating and taking care of them. It’s not a come down early and get a spot. That won’t work. Once you do have a spot though you are good for as long as you want. Since you are nowhere near the real beach being boxed out of the pool or the “beach area” can be a big problem since you have no other option.

If just sitting by the pool is important to you than I would suggest skipping this hotel. If it’s not that big a deal or if you want to “play the game” than this hotel is an amazing choice.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 194AdamS
Mauricio Miguelena, Other at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Dear Getbusyliving,

Thank you for staying at Mandarin Oriental, Miami and for taking the time to share your experience.

I am delighted to read that you had an overall great stay. Thank you so much for your compliments regarding the appearance of the property, guestroom accommodations, peaceful, convenient location and our service.

Oasis Beach, although not for swimming offers our guests a quiet escape for relaxation, sunbathing and taking in the scenic views. As you can imagine, both the pool and the beach are extremely popular during the winter months. Additionally, with the safety precautions we have put in place and adhering to the social distancing guidelines, we have in fact, reduced the number of chaise lounges at the pool and beach for everyone’s safety. I regret that we were unable to accommodate you at your preferred time.
I am saddened to hear of the rest of your pool experience. Please accept my apologies as this is extremely uncharacteristic of our hotel’s level of service and I can assure you this is not the impression we wish for any of our guests to have. I strongly feel that there has been some sort of misunderstanding. We do indeed have a waitlist and a process in place. Please know we take this very seriously. I have shared your feedback with my pool management team to investigate and reinforce proper procedures and training. I am truly sorry that you left with such a negative impression of our Pool and Beach team.

We value and appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity with a return visit.
Please feel free to contact me directly, as I would be happy to personally ensure you have a memorable and enjoyable experience with us.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 1 January 2021 via mobile

The employees at this hotel sincerely care about their customers. The hotel took great steps to make sure their guests are comfortable and safe during the pandemic. Special thanks to Julio at the pool, Pamela at the bar and Marc in housekeeping for their care. The GM of MO should be very proud of his team!

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank kbs_9
Mauricio Miguelena, Other at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2021

Dear kbs_9,

Thank you for your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Miami and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you had an excellent stay and that you felt safe and comfortable with the safety precautions we have in place.
The health, safety and comfort of our guests and employees is our primary concern.

Our team, with special recognition to Julio, Pamela and Marc, are thrilled their services left a lasting impression. We strive to ensure that our guests have a memorable visit and appreciate your kind comments about our caring service and our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to our peaceful waterside oasis.

Wishing you a happy and healthy new year,

Reviewed 22 December 2020

The MO definitely lived up to its legendary reputation. The house-keeping team was beyond outstanding! Service was equally phenomenal across the entire resort.

A few quibbles: breakfast at the MO left something to be desired (e.g. supermarket-style Belgian waffles and pastry baskets, bland omelettes) but some of their offerings were quite good (e.g. Eggs Benedict with truffle hollandaise, fluffy pancakes). Sadly, there was no Nespresso machine in the room.

That aside, the hotel amenities exceeded expectations, notwithstanding the pandemic. Scatter my ashes at the MO

Notes/tips:
- Breakfast at the MO is served at La Mar from 8AM (weekdays/weekends), which is startlingly late. Room service is the contingency option for those that need an earlier bite.

- The pool is open until 11PM. Night swims are an absolute must in the infinity pool that overlooks the downtown Miami skyline.

- MOs are reputed for their zen ambiance. It was quite serene in the suites/rooms, and, for the most part, in the communal areas during the day. However, the spa and MO Bar + Lounge attract substantial foot traffic. This is by no means a negative point, but just a word of caution for those that might expect minimal interaction with the general public.

- Complimentary in-room tea-making facilities are available upon request.

- Consider booking direct as a fan of the MO to clinch their best rates (e.g. stay three nights, and get one free), and receive bonus offers (e.g. breakfast for two, spa credit, etc). The "perks" on the AMEX Luxury Collection, CHASE LHR, and VISA Infinite hotel platforms all paled in comparison to the offers on the MO website.

- Self-parking options, esp. for those concerned about valet in the age of COVID: Courvoisier Centre parking garage is the closest option (right across the street). There’s a $5 overnight weekend special at 1001 Brickell Bay Dr, which is just across the bridge.

1  Thank 562pt
Mauricio Miguelena, Other at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2020

Dear AS,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimentary and detailed review of your recent experience. I am thrilled to hear that you were pleased with your stay and that we lived up to our Mandarin Oriental legendary reputation!

I appreciate you taking the time to share the “quibbles” they are appreciated and very helpful. I have taken note to make some immediate improvements.

For your future visits, we do offer espresso makers and electric tea kettles in the room upon request. Kindly inform us prior to your arrival or during the reservation process and we will ensure to have an espresso maker waiting in your room. Also, we are currently offering self-parking so you’re not inconvenienced by having to walk across the bridge to use the public garage.

I am delighted that you signed up to become a Fans of M.O. member and were able to make use of the many benefits that are offered. We are currently running some fantastic offers for the coming winter months, so you can return when you are in need of some Miami sunshine on our secluded private island oasis.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your valued feedback and chosing to stay with us. I am aware that you have many options for hotel accomadations in the Miami area and we are thrilled you chose to say with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Wishing you a happy holiday season,

Reviewed 9 December 2020

I went to this Beautiful M.O. to get away from thinking about my Son that's in Heaven..Surrounded by Water brings me so Much Peace..
This place gave me That and so Much More.
The View, Helpful Staff, The Whole Ambiance Experience...
I couldn't genuinely afford this place as a Single Mother so I stayed one night, just to experience this Golden Day of Serenity ❤
I wasn't treated differently ..I was treated like a Queen ..
I reccomend this Place to Everyone especially Single Mothers who need to Get Away and get Pampered❤

Date of stay: December 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Shenesiar
Mauricio Miguelena, Other at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2020

Dear Shenesiar,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

I would like to extend our deepest and most heartfelt condolences on the loss of your son.
We are humbled to read your kind words about your recent stay at the hotel and most importantly,
to find out that it brought you so much peace during such a difficult time.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again soon.

I am at your service for any future assistance.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 6 December 2020

This hotel is not only gorgeous but everything is just amazing !! From the room to the amenities and the service !! I do want to thank Sebastian Irrgang for making our stay even more enjoyable and unforgettable with a hand written note, champagne bottle and the delicious dessert for my husband’s birthday !! It really made our day!! :) we also want to mention Jorge the bartender from the pool for giving us the best service we have ever receive in a pool bar/ restaurant. Thank you for an unforgettable staycation, it was short but amazing !!! This hotel became our favorite

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank X8842XYjessical
Mauricio Miguelena, Other at Mandarin Oriental, Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2020

Dear X8842XYjessical,

Thank you for staying at Mandarin Oriental, Miami and for taking the time to write such a complimentary review.

I recognize that you have many options for luxurious accommodations in the Brickell area and am thrilled that you chose to celebrate your husbands birthday with us. I was delighted to read the wonderful comments about your visit and learn how Sebastian and Jorge assisted in making your husbands birthday celebration memorable. It is exactly these types of memorable experiences we strive to create for all our guests.

We hope to welcome you back for many more birthday celebrations to come!

I am at your service for any future assistance.

Kind regards,