“Shocked”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: (305) 479-2746
Reviewed 27 October 2014

I live in the roads area and always enjoyed catharsis. However it has really gone down hill.

This last time was the final straw I won't be going back.

1. The waitress had no idea what was on the menu and told me a specialty drink they make didn't exist.

2. She tried to charge us a "cover charge" by slipping it onto the bill without letting us know.

3. Our lobster ravioli which is usually excellent was cold. When we mentioned it she grabbed the plate and heated it up in a very aggressive manner. Not once did she apologize or offer to remedy the situation. She brought the plate back and said "I hope you like"

What happened to this place???? Once A gem in little Havana is now just a mediocre to poor quality tourist trap.

Date of visit: October 2014
3  Thank Jgatsby2014

Reviewed 8 October 2014

Great music, great food the risotto ummmm the salmon tartar with ginger and cutis.... And the pork with guava and polenta to die for.... Dessert we has a red frute orgy .....lol The chef is great....Vine fabulous... Service great .... Everybody should have this expiriance ....

Date of visit: October 2014
2  Thank Willyle
Reviewed 20 September 2014 via mobile

Loud. Dark. Cold, uncooked risotto. Was not much better 30 minutes later when it was replaced. Not worth trying again. Sorry.

2  Thank Jennifer F
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I had an interesting experience dining in the dark recently and thought it was fun and different... I was worried about the quality of the food but in the end was surprised that it was pleasantly good. I found myself eating with my hands many of the times since i couldn't figure out where the food was.... I guess this is the fun around eating in the dark. you really cant see your plate or what the food is you are eating.... The lady did a nice job singing and keeping us entertained and i thought it was a pleasant evening... I cant see how i would repeat the experience again but i was told that they have live music nights and other fun activities throughout the week... I would recommend the experience since its fun and different....

Date of visit: July 2014
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I have to admit that I was worried because of the mix-reviews, since people were complaining on previous reviews about the wine prices, the loud music and the small portions, but it turns up to be a fun and surprisingly pleasant experience.
The venue is very nice… it’s a washed walls and candle lights, small place with live music. The first five courses were extremely good, then the dessert (a banana crepe)… it was my least favorite, but not bad. And yes, they were small portions, but please remember that it’s a “Testing Menu” and by the end of the evening, we were really satisfied.
The sound was kind of off and on the loud side, but since it was a guided event, it wasn’t a big deal… I’ll probably not feel the same in a regular dining day. Since it’s a unique event and the tables are really close to each other anyways, maybe they should consider to sit “parties of two” side by side instead of the traditional traditional siting, because it will be easier to share the experience.
The singer was pretty good and I really enjoyed the song choices. Seems like everybody was having a good time.
The pairing wines ($15 for the event) were included in the offer, but I don’t remember any explanation or reference to the wine during the event. Actually, the waiter/waitress (I can't tell because I was blindfolded) didn’t mention either, so it took me a while to find out that it was already served.
I’m not a wine savvy, but I was not impressed with the wine list, so if you are a real wine enthusiast, you may prefer to BYOB and pay the corkage fee in a regular night, so you don’t get disappointed.
I’ll like to come back to try the rest of the menu.

Date of visit: July 2014