“VERY DARK..BUT NICE FOOD AND NICE ATMOSPHERE”
Review of Catharsis Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Catharsis Restaurant & Lounge
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: (305) 479-2746
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Situated in Little Havana...We went here the first night we arrived in Miami. Upon our reservation, we decided to pay $10 for parking because the parking was horrible and very tight. We were seated in front of the stage--The live entertainment started around 8-9--I can't remember. ..the music consisted of Older Cuban music. I liked it, but my beau of Hispanic culture was not a fan because he stated it was for "older" people. The food was great, however I asked for mashed potates because the Cuban fries/chips, were a bit burned. I asked him could I just order mashed potatoes. Although he was eager to honor my request, he disappeared for 45 minutes...He came back and told me they would be out shortly. By this time, I had finished my meal. He then came back and stated the mashed potatoes got ruined. Umm..soo much for the potatoes. Other than the waiter being MIA most of the night, the atmosphere was very romantic, but almost a bit too dark. The music was a thumbs up, and the food was delicious. It Is a bit pricey, but not too day. I would visit again, this time I would just request to sit further back as the music was a bit loud.

Date of visit: April 2014
2  Thank indiangirl101

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The Restaurant might be good. But I went there to the Dinner in Dark and it was a huge disappointment for us. "1000" people in small room, to loud... Really Really bad experience!

Date of visit: March 2014
1  Thank yanfreire
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Fresh vegetables cooked the way you would expect it with fresh raw vegs. Parents with their kids should definitely try this place out. Smiles will appear! Spanish music really gets us to come back.

Date of visit: February 2013
1  Thank Phoenix F
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Although I visit Calle Ocho several times a year, I had not dined in any of its true restaurants, until now. Our experience, with friends, was amazing. Althought they had been there before, this was our first visit, and it won't be our last.
Having been to Cuba and experienced its cuisine, I can say that this is on par with what I've had.
To top it all off, on weekends, there is live Cuban music. This was the real thing.
The owner insisted in taking care of us personally, and kept checking on us throughout the night. He truly wanted to insure that we enjoyed everything. He was very helpful in selecting a moderately priced bottle of wine, and offered several meal suggestions after soliciting our likes and dislikes.
Yes, it is not a large place, so the music can be a bit loud, but that was fine with us. So too were the family celebrations which took place.
This is a place that both Cuban and non-Cuban customers can enjoy. Don't miss it!

Date of visit: November 2013
2  Thank MarcN0830
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Right on calle 8, this hip spot has great live music on the weekends to accompany the delicious modern Cuban/Latin fare. Reasonably priced $10-15 appetizers and $20-30 entrees, you won't be disappointed. The live group on Fridays was outstanding.