3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$410
View deal
Booking.comUS$410
PricelineUS$410
AutographUS$410
Hotels.comUS$410
eDreamsUS$410
TravelocityUS$410
All reviews jw marriott boutique hotel rain shower room service upgraded to a suite living room view of the bay checking out four seasons pre cruise tv amenities floor curtains sinks valet elevator
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2020

We checked into Beaux Arts in the evening after moving from another hotel. Overall, disappointing on so many levels.

Check-in: one of the WORST and inefficient check-in experiences we've ever had of any hotel five star or not. We sat down, gave our name to get checked in, and then the young lady at the front desk proceeded to type away at the computer for about 15 min, without a word what she was doing. Finally we asked her what was going on and her response was she was trying to get our room allocated for our reservation that we paid for already. She also made a few calls to a manager to try and make this happen. After another 15 min or so she offered to put us in another room to wait while she completed this. At this point it was already 10;30pm and we were tired and hungry. We politely declined since we did not want to move from room-to-room and told her we were going to grab some food while she figured this out.

Room: Ah where do I start. So many issues. We have slightly different schedules (one a night owl and one early riser) and had booked this hotel because we wanted a large suite that will enable each person to do their own thing without disturbing the other. This room was designed very poorly. The bathroom had no door and a huge floor to ceiling frosted glass wall separating the bed from the bathroom. This means at night anyone who wants to shower or use the toilet needs to turn on the light in the bathroom that ends up shining onto the bed.

Same with the bedroom from the living room. There was frosted glass wall on one side of the bed and frosted glass door on the other side. Essentially anyone in the living room could not turn on lights without shining light into the bedroom. Bathroom sink outside handle was broken as well.

The sinks were sensored but one sink would not stay on and would turn off after 30 seconds or so. Also both sinks would not drain which we asked to have looked at but was never addressed.

Service: Extremely slow. All requests took at least 20-30 min before anything would show up or I had to call multiple times because requests were forgotten or not communicated.

We had issues with the Bose TV where the cable would just keep jumping. We called multiple times and had this looked at. We got a range of people who showed up that didn't speak any English, or were told that the TV just needed to be reset (which we did twice to no avail). We finally just gave up on this.

I woke up one morning to very strong fumes of paint. Called the front desk and told them this in which they responded that they were not doing any painting. I had them send someone to check and two individuals showed up that could not speak any English and they just offered to spray the room with air freshener. After miming and hand motions I was able to communicate that I wanted to know what the source was to the smell since paint fumes are poisonous. They sent some maintenance people to look at our air filters during which they guys shared that they were painting the halls (really??).

Check-out: We brought all these issues up during our stay and when we checked out. We were assured that a manager would contact us to address these issues but never heard from anyone after 2 weeks now.

If you are looking for a five-star stay and experience this is definitely not a place I would recommend.

1  Thank TravelInEase
BrianY866, Operations Manager at Hotel Beaux Arts Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2020

Dear TravelInEase,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Hotel Beaux Arts Miami; your comments are greatly appreciated. Please accept our sincere apologies that your recent stay at our property did not exceed all your expectations and for any inconvenienced you experienced during your arrival at our property. Please rest assured that your concerns have been shared directly with the appropriate teams in an effort to improve our service and offerings for you and other future guests. We hope you will allow us another opportunity when your travels bring you back to the Miami area to provide the overall positive experience you deserve.

Brian Y
Operations Manager

Reviewed 27 January 2020

We stayed here for one night before our cruise. The hotel is located in the JW Marriott Miami with a separate check in and separate keypad in the elevator. When you first get there you need to have someone send you up to the 39th floor for check in. We left our car downstairs to go check in but later just decided to let valet take it as parking in the area was only parking garages and all expensive. We were upgraded from a city view to a water view and I must say that was very nice. The room is very modern and I wish someone or maybe a quick book to explain how to work the panel for the radio, tv, shades etc. While we played around with the button I couldn't lower the radio and it was way to loud. The hotel was adding 49er's decorations and we were told the team would be staying there for the Super Bowl game this coming weekend.
Overall a very good stay and would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank jetsetter90
Reviewed 24 January 2020 via mobile

I stayed at the Beaux Arts Miami this weekend and parked my car at the hotel with valet as that is the only option. Upon checkout, I requested my car. After 30 min of waiting, the valet assistant manager approaches me and informs me that my car was in an accident while the valet driver was bringing it around. He then proceeded to tell me that it’s not their fault and I have to call the other drivers insurance that was involved in the accident. He told me even though the valet driver was in control of my car and was driving it when he got in an accident that it wasn't their fault. I went to the accident scene while they were waiting for the police and took pictures of everything. While there the valet assistant manager told me he needed MY insurance information for the police report. I told him no way as I was not driving the car. It is illegal to provide false information to the police and they were trying to give them my information instead of the drivers. The driver also left the scene of the accident and was not present when the police arrived instead there was two other valet employees there so now your driver committed a hit and run. Your employees refused to tell me who was actually driving my car when the accident happened. I went back to the hotel and waited for them to finish the police report and return my car. The valet manager finally brought back my car after two hours. He had the police report in his hand along with some claim form he wanted me to sign. He got extremely aggressive when I wouldn't blindly sign without even getting to hold the paper. I kept asking him who was driving my car when the accident happened and he refused to provide the drivers name. Kept telling me that it was illegal for him to give it. When he finally gave me the police report I pointed out to him that the name of the driver was on the paper so obviously he’s lying that he can't provide it. He was taller and much larger than me and got really close to me and put his finger about a cm from my face and was scowling me. I asked him to please take his finger out of my face and that I was a lady and didn't appreciate it. He said he was being polite and he could put his finger in my face if he wanted to. At this point I became extremely scared and anxious. He was being very aggressive and trying to pull the papers out of my hands when I finally got to look over them. My friend felt so uncomfortable she filmed the entire thing. I cannot believe that this behavior is acceptable at what is supposed to be such a high end hotel. No one from the hotel cared that valet was harassing us at their front entrance. I approached the front desk and asked the the general manager and they said it wasn’t their problem since valet is a third party they hire.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank coralwsmn
hanaBP, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Beaux Arts Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2020

Dear coralwsmn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hotel Beaux Arts, Miami. We extend our sincere apologies that we did not exceed your expectation while in our care. The valet management team has been alerted and your concerns have been shared directly with them. If you would like to further discuss the details of your experience and your schedule permits a brief conversation, please feel free to reach out to us at 305.421.8600. We hope to welcome you once again in the future.

Hana B
Hotel Beaux Arts, Miami

Reviewed 20 January 2020

We stayed here for one night, pre-cruise. I knew from reading reviews that the check-in wasn't at the Marriott front desk. They had someone come to take us up.
We were delighted to have been upgraded from our booked city view room -- the view of the bay (and a glimpse of the cruise port) was really nice to have.

The technology is nice (powered drapes, remotely motorized TV stand extension/rotation, Bang & Olufson audio system). The bed was really comfy -- not too soft, not too firm. While I didn't get to enjoy the jetted bathtub, I really would have liked to have the time to do so. Lights are all nice & bright, the sofa was a nice place to sit & catch up on e-mails. And any time I get to have a bathrobe, I'm happy. These are plush-lined and comfy.

A few things I'd add to a wishlist, though:
- I'd like a place to hang a handtowel in the bathroom. Setting it on the counter takes up space I'd want to use for other stuff.
- I'm puzzled as to why there's no outlet of any sort by the nightstand against the wall. I'm guessing the typical guest is a solo traveler, so all the goodies being clustered around the side closest to the door/bathroom makes sense. But since I see reviews from couples, there's surely enough reason to put in an outlet.
- The Illy espresso machine is nice, but it doesn't seem to put out very hot water, so our coffee & tea were lukewarm pretty soon after making them (and no microwave in which to warm them up).

But overall, this is a great place to stay. It's about a 10 or 15 minute walk from Bayfront Park, and a short taxi ride to the cruise port. If it's in your budget (or you find a great rate), give it a shot -- it definitely feels like a boutique hotel.

3  Thank Pam d
Reviewed 8 January 2020 via mobile

We stayed here on our way to a cruise. When we arrived, we waited a while before we realized no one was coming to help with our luggage, even though there were multiple people working for the hotel just a few feet away. We just found a luggage cart and loaded our own luggage. Inside the hotel (ground floor is a actually a Marriott) a bellhops then came up and said “you can’t get up to the Beaux Arts without me” because you had to have the bellhop with a special key. So, he did nothing but expected a tip just to use the key. Bad start. The room was nice. Nothing else was good about the experience. The hotel is not really a high end property and the pool was gross. Restaurants were pretty much fast food caliber. This is NOT a 4 or 5 star hotel!! It’s a shared property with the Marriott guests ( most of the building) and the pool is very small, shaded most of the day and was dirty with no one attending guests, much less food service. No restaurant associated with a high end hotel (can share whatever the Marriott offers but not good food). We left and went to the Four Seasons.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
hanaBP, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Beaux Arts Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2020

Dear exfarmers,

Thank you for your time dedicated to share your experience at the Hotel Beaux Arts, Miami. Please accept our sincere apology that you were disappointed by the service offered on our property and for any inconvenience this matter may have caused while in our care. Please feel assured that I have shared your concerns with the appropriate management teams in an attempt to improve our service and our offerings in order to enrich your future experience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations during your next visit.
If you would like to further discuss the details of your stay and your schedule permits a brief conversation, please call me directly at 305.421.8600. We hope to welcome you once again in the future and provide the superior service you deserve.

Hana B