4 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$412
eDreamsUS$370
FindHotelUS$373
StayForLongUS$412
2,154 results
All reviews basketball court virtual bowling bathroom mirror whole foods beautiful hotel concierge lounge valet parking beautiful room heart of downtown south beach luxury hotel mini bar biscayne bay fitness center rooftop pool pre cruise stay tv
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2020

As a Lifetime Bonvoy Platinum member I stayed here twice in December once with family and once without. The hotel is a case study in contradictions and avoidable issues. I break the experience into 3 parts the broken, the avoidable and the positive.

The Broken (design flaws)
1. If you stay in an executive suite they wrap the elevator shafts and are noisy. Worse still you have a glass door to the bathroom that has no blackout blinds so light pours into the room at all hours day and night. (see photo)
2. I also stayed in a junior suite where the AC system that had a blow motor so loud we could not sleep well.

The Avoidable (but flawed)
1. The service at breakfast in their Met Cafe is nearly non existent. We elected to leave than endure endless waits.
2. When we did eat breakfast the food quality was most average.
3. As a Platinum, Titanium or Ambassdor member you get no lounge and effectively no free breakfast as there is no service. Thus, you get get few benefits beyond an upgrade but suite upgrades have distinct downsides as described above.
4. The destination fee of $28 a day is insulting.
5. The hallways are dirty and never cleaned (see photo)
6. Due to Covid the room is stripped bare. Expect NOTHING no pens, no note pad, no room service, no ice buckets, no coffee machines, no magazines and an empty mini bar.
7. The curtain in our suite kept falling off its track. Annoying,
8. The down duvets are far too warm for Florida.
9. The bed sheets slide off the bed corners.
10. Room not ready hours after check in time.
11. We could smell smoke aromas entering our room including the "herbal" type. I assume another guest caused this.

The positive
1. The hotel is well located.
2. The staff were by and large friendly.
3. Rooms are spacious and modern
4. They were helpful with a pre arrival request I made much to their credit.

On my second stay I raised some my concerns to the front desk who passed them on to management, namely the loud room, the light shining through the bathroom, and the non existent breakfast service. The proposed solution involved a room downgrade and modest rate adjustment. I found that proposal insulting in that for 2 days straight we could not enjoy breakfast, we had a defective suite, a move was required and they wanted to charge me 50% more than I paid for the same room type just days before. I get that hotels are hurting but this approach makes no sense and I for one will never stay at this hotel ever again as I have lost all confidence in their management especially as I am a top tier Marriott guest.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
6  Thank FlyOneWorld
Reviewed 24 December 2020

I was down in Miami for a mix of personal and business. The hotel is what you would expect from something of this star level. Extremely clean with great amenities. The rooms are very luxurious with beautiful views. The location is fantastic. Parking is valet and very expensive. If you go near the Courtyard (2 blocks away), you can find parking for $10 / day in a self-park garage.

But the service was even better. I had a family emergency, which required me to leave early. Nestor at the front desk helped me sort everything out very smoothly. When I go down to Miami again, I will look forward to coming back to this hotel.

Room tip: Ask for a bay view room
1  Thank ffarooq2
Reviewed 6 December 2020 via mobile

This is my second visit to this property and the service is always top notch. Valet was great both during the arrival and departure experience, as well as in between. I was greeted by Nestor at reception who was incredibly friendly and informative, making sure I knew all the property had to offer. My room was perfect as always, clean, and comfortable. Location is brilliant, with many eateries and shopping only a few blocks away. I know I will be back!

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank zamirajaquez
Reviewed 1 December 2020

This was a very nice place to stay pre-cruise. We had a beautiful room with a great view, class A for sure. We arrived late so didn't interact with anyone but the front desk which was good. We walked to the Bayside Market and Park in the morning and then off to our cruise. We do like Courtyards Marriotts so next time we might try that as it's also down town, but if you eligants, this is a very nice place. They did have a restaurant on sight but we didn't try it.

Mike from Michigan

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank MNLit
Reviewed 21 August 2020

Our new favorite place in BH! My husband and I had the best weekend, our room was beyond clean every time we left the room. Our yorkies loved the trip too!
Brunch was amazing too, as well as the hot cider!

Date of stay: August 2020