Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
SpringHill Suites
PricelineUS$163
Hotels.comUS$163
eDreamsUS$163
FindHotelUS$163
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 July 2020

The culture/customer service of Marriott is by far one of the best, but today 7/16 Joselynn A. (front desk representative) at this Springhill Suite Medical center went out her way to provide exceptional service. After speaking with this front desk agent over the phone for the first time ever. She ensured me she would resolve each one of my concerns for my entire stay. She took the time to carefully listen to my technical questions and showed genuine empathy to my situation. she reassured me to take matters in her own hands with owning my concerns. At times with high stress with covid-19, this agent exceeded my expectation and I would certainly commend the customer service at this property.

Date of stay: July 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank peterrU660AJ
Reviewed 13 June 2020

I had appointment at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center and stayed at this hotel. It is about 1/4 mile walk. This hotel was very hard to find with virtually no signage save for the name emblazoned on the top of it which doesn't help much on the ground. It has a gated entrance for parking, real small sign, and the main entrance just doesn't look like a hotel entryway. Maybe it's just me, I am notorious for getting lost. The hotel is fantastic, very modern, I stayed on top floor in a studio room, it was perfect. Check in and out was easy. The restaurant was closed due to the pandemic, but did offer a funky breakfast box. If you walk to the medical campus be aware you have to walk for about a block under the Dolphin Expressway and it is NASTY!! It appears less fortunate people hang out there at night, with trash everywhere. No fault of the hotel, but if I were management I would hound my elected officials to get this area cleaned up!! And put some signs up identifying the hotel!!

Date of stay: June 2020
2  Thank Charles H
TeamMarriott, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2020

Dear Charles H,

We are pleased you loved our newly refreshed and updated hotel. Many of our guests enjoy our quiet accommodations, while still being a short distance from downtown Miami. However, we regret you had trouble locating us and were not pleased with the surrounding area. We appreciate your feedback, as we are always looking to enhance our guest experiences.

Thank you for choosing SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 15 May 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights after cruise cruise. Excellent place. Great breakfast in the morning. The only disappointment was that on our 2 nights breakfast was changed due to the beginning of situation and we were offered prepackaged breakfast. Not necessary what we would choose to eat, but better something than nothing. Cleanliness was great. We felt comfortable. Big Thanks to a hardworking team to keep everyone safe and healthy!!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sveta A
TeamMarriott, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2020

Dear guest-reviewer2016,

Thank you for choosing the SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center for your post-cruise stay. We are elated to know how much you enjoyed our immaculate property and exceptional service. We appreciate your specific feedback and look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 4 March 2020

Overall Rating: 75.5/100 (7.6/10)

Class of Room Booked: King
Class of Room Stayed: King
Price per night (with taxes): $223

The Quick Hits:

Would I stay here again? Maybe?
Value rating based on price paid: Good

The Details:

Hotel Design Location and Layout:

Location (5.5/10 – Did not meet Expectation) – This one is based simply on purpose for being here. If you are using it as a base for visiting the nearby medical center, you will give it a high score. If for pretty much anything else, not so much. There are two negatives for non-medical related stays. One, while by no means horrible, the surrounding area is not the best, and that means that there's not really any dining or other activities close by. The hotel restaurant or DoorDash, etc are really only food options. Anything else means a drive. No public transit nearby that I noticed.

Hotel Lobby/Common Areas(7.5/10 – Met Expectations) – Clean, brightly lit (note that outside signage was either hard to see or missing)

Hotel Amenities(7.5/10 – Met expectations) – Pool, wifi, small (and as usual overpriced) but well stocked) Market. Did not check out gym or business center.

Room:

Design and Layout (7.5/10 – Met expectations) – Vintage 1990s/2000s Springhill design, but no problems with a classic. Separate commode area with its own tiny sink makes it a good choice for family along with the large sofa.

Comfort(8/10 – Met expectations) – Very comfortable bed.

Condition(8/10 – Met Expectations) – Toilet was a little beat up, noticeable nicks, etc. Added points in because room was SPOTLESS (which makes sense given the likely number of medical patients)

Amenities(7.5/10 – Met Expectations) – Microwave, small fridge, usual shampoo, etc.

Staff:

Front Desk/Service(8/10 – Met Expectations) – Friendly greeting, also was very patient with clueless person in front of me. Made sure to explain all amenities. Morning staff super cheerful.

Housekeeping (9/10 - Met Expectations) - Room was SPOTLESS. I mean SPOTLESS.

Other Staff (NA)

Food Service:

Paid Dining:

Restaurant/Cafe (NA) –

Room Service(NA) -

Complimentary Dining:

Breakfast/Reception (7/10 - Met Expectations) - The food was ok.

Other Areas:

Frequent Traveler Program: (Applicable Status) -

Club/Lounge (NA) -

Special Perks(bonus point) -

Other:

Internet Speed Test Results (from Room via Oookla): 3.5 mbps down, 9 up ?!? (I am guessing someone in the hotel is streaming like mad)

Family Friendly: Not specifically

Pet Friendly: No

Notes: Location aside, its a decent hotel. But the location can be a killer.

About my system - All scores are based on expectations, where 7.5 = met expectations, 10 is highly exceeded, and 1, well, something went horribly wrong. Expectations take into account a number of factors, such as price paid, brand, and location. They will vary greatly from the Waldorf Astoria to a Super 8. All scores are averaged and translated to a score out of 10. 1 Trip Advisor dot applies for each 2 points, so 4 dots is the most likely scenario.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Loonbeam
TeamMarriott, Manager at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2020

Dear Loonbeam,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to provide such detailed feedback. We are glad to have earned a decent score in most of the aspects, but we have certainly acknowledged that we have room for improvements in order to be exceptional in what we do. Your fruitful feedback, meanwhile, will help us to accomplish our commitments. Thank you once again for being our guest at SpringHill Suites Miami Downtown/Medical Center, and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 3 March 2020

Clean, modern hotel. Friendly helpful staff. Good complimentary breakfast. Big negative is location: rundown area, inconvenient to everything except the hospitals and Atlantic University.. if you are looking to see the sites of Miami, this is not the place for you.

1  Thank Retro50

Dear Retro50,

Thank you for sharing your review. We are glad that you enjoyed our modern property along with our friendly service and complimentary amenities. We do regret that our location was not ideal for you. Although many guests appreciate how close we are to medical facilities, we understand that our location is not for everyone. Please know you are welcome to ask the Front Desk for suggestions that will help make your stay even better. It was our pleasure serving you, and we hope to welcome you back again.