“Great Overall Experience with Fresh Fish and Black Eyed Pea Fritters”

La Camaronera Fish Market
Ranked #63 of 4,540 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Neighbourhood: Little Havana
Reviewed 7 January 2018

This was our first time at this restaurant and it was great. The waiter was nice, explained the dishes and gave us time to order, even though we came in 30 minutes before closing on a Sunday. We order the famous black eyed pea fritters for an appetizer, and order another patch for desert. My wife enjoyed her fish sandwich and I had a fresh whole fish fried. The fish was scored and fried. Even the skin was nice. The niceness of the waiter made all the difference. I will definitely come back again for more black eyed pea fritters and fresh fish. If I am feeling rich i will order the deep-fried lobster. BTW, the black eyed pea fritters are not on the menu.

1  Thank Robert R

Reviewed 4 January 2018

This a DDD food channel restaurant. The food is great,. I had the house fish sandwich and my wife the rice with seafood, both were great. Total price 31 dollar. Now they have seating, about five caferia style. We liked it, and will go back. Only concern was that service was a little slow in the tables.

1  Thank JULIO M
Reviewed 2 January 2018

If you are a sucker for fried fish & seafood, La Camaronera is the place to go.

Fried shrimps - yum.
Fried fish fillet - yum.
Conch fritters - yum.
Tostones (fried plaintains) - so so.

Washed down with cool Coronas? Si si!

1  Thank Mogeltoft
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Got the grilled fish with salsa and plantains. Very fresh and cooked perfectly. Took the tres leches cake to my son. Service was fast but do not take cards as it is a cash only place. They do serve beer now so go and enjoy some excellent food.

1  Thank virginia g
Reviewed 23 December 2017

A fun, very casual restaurant in Little Havana, La Camaronera has fantastic food. Everything is deep fried! WOW!
Anyone who knows my reviews knows I L-O-V-E fried foods, this place is the best.
We started with 2 appetizers - Fried Calamari, cooked to perfection and the most heavenly fried chunks of lobster. They were sweet, and tender in an excellent batter.
My partner had the Fried Shrimp (Camarones Fritos) for his entree. La Camaronera is known to have the best shrimp in Miami. And this choice did not disappoint. In a word, fantastic!
I chose another house specialty, the fried Snapper sandwich, the Pan Con Minuta. Cooked perfectly with chopped onion, and a delicious house dressing on a wonderful roll.
If you can, go to Little Havana take in the culture and eat the best seafood at the most reasonable prices.
As if all this wasn't enough we had a wonderful server, Dayana, I believe - she was attentive and very kind. This was no small task since the restaurant was filled.
Oh, don't let me forget to mention this is also a full-on seafood store as well.
FYI - CASH ONLY. You should know that going in. I believe they may have an ATM in the back of the restaurant. I'm not sure, I didn't look for it.
We'll be going back.

2  Thank 3,902,244

Been to La Camaronera Fish Market? Share your experiences!