6 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 01/05/21
PricelineUS$259
Hotels.comUS$259
eDreamsUS$259
All reviews rooftop pool great hotel walking distance wonderful stay valet parking top floor south beach up to date view of the bay excellent location mini bar enjoyed my stay biscayne bay business trip brickell cana balcony
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2021

We arrived in Miami on a Thursday morning for Valentine’s weekend. When we arrived at the hotel, nobody greeted us outside or even bothered to help us get our bags into the lobby. When we proceeded to check in, the room was not ready. This has never happened to us when we’ve come early to a hotel. The lobby clerk stated he would text us when the room was ready. This was at 930 am, the room wasn’t ready until after 1230 pm. Meanwhile our bags are sitting in the lobby all this time! When we got back to the hotel and checked in, we were given a room with an ocean view. The room itself was very nice, we had a great view of the Miami skyline and ocean from our balcony. The bathroom was very clean and modern with a walk-in shower. This is where the perks stop. We realized how thin the walls were when our next door neighbor was on a conference call in the middle of the day and we felt like we were a part of the meeting. We could hear every word uttered from start to finish. He checked out and was replaced with the most uncoothed patrons imaginable. Before this, on our second night, there were some very classless women in the hallway in the middle of the night that would not cease and dissist. They went on and on for what seemed like forever. We called the front desk and report the noise disturbance. They stated it would be taken care of, they would send someone up to inform them to disperse. We ended up just falling asleep despite the noise which I don’t believe the front desk staff resolved as they should have. Back to the uncoothed patrons next door, not only were they loud after quiet hours which start at 11 pm, but they also played loud music. We had to call twice in one night about their unacceptable behavior. Frank at the front desk stated it would be resolved, which it never was. We barely got any sleep the last two nights of our four night stay. Meanwhile, on the other side of the wall there was a couple arguing profusely which turned into a domestic dispute. We heard arguing escalate into violence with loud banging three times on the wall!! We had to also place a call to the front desk about this noise disturbance, mind you in the same night we had to call twice about the other guests on the other side of our wall!! After the night of hell on earth we requested to speak to the manager Ibrahim on staff. He met with us and stated that the domestic dispute couple had checked out earlier that day, and that he had spoken to the loud women next door and if they had another noise violation they would be removed from the property. He also stated due to Frank’s due diligence we had received a $75 food and beverage credit to use at Cana the restaurant on the property. What’s really disheartening about that is we wouldn’t have even known about the credit if we hadn’t taken the initiative to speak to the manager in person! Nobody mentioned this to us, nobody left us a note about it, we didn’t even receive a call or text about it. I feel as though the staff didn’t want us to know that the credit had been granted to us due to our distressing evening. Not to mention the fact that their hotel restaurant only stays open until 8 pm which gives you a limited amount of time to even use the credit, coupled with the fact that it was our last day here. We did get a chance to visit the rooftop pool which had breathtaking views, a nice heated pool, and hot tub. Fast forward to our last night at this establishment, it was a total disaster. The women next door were extremely loud again and I had to call downstairs once again to report the noise violation!! Of course the front desk staff stated that they would call up to the room and inform them to keep the noise down. We barely got any sleep our last night here and we have a flight that leaves out at 8 am in the morning.
Update: I emailed the general manager Craig Haas. The hotel manager personally called me and we received a refund for 2 nights of our stay. I would advise you ask if the room is adjoined and if it is decline and request another room that isn’t. This is due to the fact that the walls are extremely thin and you can hear everything from one room to another.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank aiyanahayes
Concord Hospitality, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Brickell Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Dear aiyanahayes,

It’s important to our entire team that all our visitors feel comfortable, so I’m very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. It was our pleasure to offer you a good-faith measure for the lapses you endured. We hope to serve you better should your travels bring you back to the area. Thank you for staying with us.

Best,

Reviewed 16 February 2021

This is the worst hotel my husband and I ever stayed there. The location is great but the hotel itself is horrible.

1. They advertise daily parking for $20 and valet parking for $41 on the website and on a sign as you pull up to the hotel. When I checked into the room and asked for daily parking, I was told that daily parking isn’t offered at the location and I’d have to do valet parking for the days that we stay. It was already 10 pm so I didn’t complain I just dealt with it.

2. After checking in we get to the room and the room was not clean. There was a mysterious brown stain on one of the night stands. Also there was mold in the shower and there was enough linens ( we only had 3 pillows for a king size bed and had 1 washcloth and towel for two people). It was late so I didn’t make a big deal about it. The next morning, I spoke to the gentleman at the front desk and ask him for the room to be serviced. He was nice and said it would be done. We left the entire day to go to the beach and came back that night and the room hadn’t been touched. So I asked the front desk person again and he said it would be done. The sad part about it was we seen housekeeping cleaning rooms before we left. She was literally working on the room two doors away from ours. The following day, we stopped housekeeping on the way out and asked her to clean our room. She did an okay job. We got more towels but still had 3 pillows. She didn’t sweep or vacuum because we were still stepping in sand from the beach from the previous day.

3. The noise from the neighbors was ridiculous. We stayed three nights and had the different neighbors each night. The first set of neighbors were celebrating a birthday. They literally through a party all night and it continued until 9 in the morning. My husband posted the video on Instagram because it so crazy. The next neighbors were loud but it wasn’t worth complaining since they were quieter than the party we heard. The worst neighbors we had was on Valentine’s Day night. They literally screamed and argued the entire night. The man was slamming the doors and locked lady out so they kicked the door until he opened it. Eventually they made their way to the outside of the hotel where they continued to scream, yell, and curse each other which could be heard from the balcony.

4. The hotel hasn’t been maintained. We stayed on the 6th floor and you can see the damage that’s been done to the rooms and that they’ve only “patched” the damage areas. The floor have scratches and scuffs. You can look by the elevators and see that the floors haven’t been mopped in quite some time. There are visible holes/cracks in the ceiling and the “repairs”. Most hotels have a smell of cleanliness but there was no signs of that here.

I would’ve tried to find another hotel but everything else was booked because of Valentine’s Day weekend. So we tried to stay busy throughout the day so we only had to be in the hotel to sleep. I tried to get the managers information but was unable to do that. Brickell is a very nice area and I’ll stay in the area again but I will not be staying at this hotel again. Hopefully management will reach out to me personally instead of apologizing via this review.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank iTeachMath

Dear iTeachMath,

I'm so sorry that you did not enjoy your Valentine's stay. Please be assured I have discussed your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best accommodations and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

Reviewed 15 February 2021

I stayed two nights in this hotel. Great overall experience. Checked in with the app and got the keys at the desk when I got to the lobby. I got upgraded to a suite because I have "status" which was a first for me. The room was really nice, the view great and everything else really good too. There is only one restaurant but that's all you need. Great food and happy hour on Thursday's and Friday's with cheap drinks and small plates of food. Friendly service as well. Parking was decent; $41 per day with unlimited in/outs. The only issue I had was this weird alarm clock next to the bed. I had to unplug it so it would turn off. I would def go here again and highly recommend to others.

Room tip: East facing views are the best. You'll have a decent view of the bay.
2  Thank Max K
Concord Hospitality, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Brickell Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2021

Dear Max K,

Thank you for sharing this frame-worthy review. I feel our service and accommodations are some of the finest and your feedback helps validate that opinion. Your review and recommendation are very much appreciated. We will be looking forward to serving you in the future.

Best,

Reviewed 15 February 2021

Room needs maintenance. Can’t put a loyal Hyatt guest that too a Globalist in a horrible room. I will never stay at this property again. Not worth the money. Location tough. No room for valet or even enter/exit.

1  Thank 156ramu
Concord Hospitality, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Brickell Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2021

Dear 156ramu,

I’m sorry that you did not find us to be a good value and that our accommodations were not to your liking. Guest satisfaction is our highest priority and I regret that we left you with a poor impression. Your feedback is welcomed and reviewed by our team to foster improvements for future stays. For this reason, we hope that you will reconsider a return visit. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

Reviewed 14 February 2021

Poor service, hot water not working and loud music.
All with a who gives a s*** attitude.

Room service was fine. Limited choices though.
Check in process was fine. Nice lady.
There are way more hotel options. Choose elsewhere

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank homeroortegon
Concord Hospitality, General Manager at Hyatt Centric Brickell Miami, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2021

Dear homeroortegon,

I'm very sorry that you did not enjoy your visit. We aim to impress and I regret that we let you down. It was kind of you to note our nice associates and good room service despite the lapses that you endure. We hope that you will reconsider a return stay and would love the opportunity to leave you with a more favorable impression.