I prefer to stay at Marriotts, and am a high level Elite member. This is a good, solid hotel, but could be so much more.
I have stayed at this property approximately 10 times due to it's location.
Positives. The rooms and hotel are clean. The dinning room, and small bar are enjoyable. The fitness room, and pool are above average as most business hotels go. The number one plus to this hotel is a couple of well placed employees who obviously love their job, and are extremely friendly. This is especially true in the restaurant, bar and among the valets.
Negatives. It's pretty obvious this is not a well run property (as Marriott's go). Despite the number of times I have stayed at this hotel, I have never seen the GM. While that is not necessarily a telltale sign - what is, the front desk operation. I have had some friendly & accommodating front desk persons (I especially recall a friendly night auditor), but too many are lackadaisical in accommodating guests needs. I have had amenity and other requests ignored, room keys time out prematurely, incorrect rooms given after another room was requested. Most problematic is waiting for help from the front desk. I have stood in line for over 10 minutes just to get a key remade. Numerous times I have called to the front desk, only to have it never answered. No doubt this is a problem with staffing and oversight.
Another negative is the newly renovated rooms. These rooms are heavily tiled, presenting a clean modern look. However they tend to be cold and loud. I prefer the older rooms.
The concierge floor is simple. Most recently the automatic coffee machine was broken (again) leaving only water as a refreshment.
On a positive note - the long overhaul of elevators is now complete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Miami Marriott Dadeland boasts 302 beautiful guest rooms including our newly renovated art-inspired Design Guest Rooms, a welcoming lobby with complimentary internet access and 35,000 sq ft of newly renovated flexible meeting space. Located in the heart of South Miami, we are minutes away from Downtown Miami and South Beach. Our hotel is steps away to Dadeland Mall, restaurants and activities. Located near the Historical Coral Gables, Sunset Place Shops, The Falls and Merrick Park, makes us an extraordinary shopping destination. We are a short driving distance to Baptist & South Miami Hospitals, Univ. of Miami and Florida International University. The Metro Rail station adjacent to the hotel provides ease of transportation to the Miami Airport and much more. International cuisine can be enjoyed at Whitney's Restaurant opened for breakfast and lunch. Looking to relax after a long day, unwind in the Le Mirage Lounge or sit poolside overlooking the sites of Miami. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Miami Marriott Dadeland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miami Marriott Dadeland Hotel Miami
- Marriott Miami
- Miami Marriott Dadeland Florida