“A Lesser Marriott”

Miami Marriott Dadeland
Ranked #69 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 11 December 2017

I prefer to stay at Marriotts, and am a high level Elite member. This is a good, solid hotel, but could be so much more.
I have stayed at this property approximately 10 times due to it's location.

Positives. The rooms and hotel are clean. The dinning room, and small bar are enjoyable. The fitness room, and pool are above average as most business hotels go. The number one plus to this hotel is a couple of well placed employees who obviously love their job, and are extremely friendly. This is especially true in the restaurant, bar and among the valets.

Negatives. It's pretty obvious this is not a well run property (as Marriott's go). Despite the number of times I have stayed at this hotel, I have never seen the GM. While that is not necessarily a telltale sign - what is, the front desk operation. I have had some friendly & accommodating front desk persons (I especially recall a friendly night auditor), but too many are lackadaisical in accommodating guests needs. I have had amenity and other requests ignored, room keys time out prematurely, incorrect rooms given after another room was requested. Most problematic is waiting for help from the front desk. I have stood in line for over 10 minutes just to get a key remade. Numerous times I have called to the front desk, only to have it never answered. No doubt this is a problem with staffing and oversight.

Another negative is the newly renovated rooms. These rooms are heavily tiled, presenting a clean modern look. However they tend to be cold and loud. I prefer the older rooms.

The concierge floor is simple. Most recently the automatic coffee machine was broken (again) leaving only water as a refreshment.

On a positive note - the long overhaul of elevators is now complete.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Norma G, Miami Marriott Dadeland at Miami Marriott Dadeland, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear vincepapale,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate your honesty as comments such as yours help us to look at ourselves through your eyes and start working in areas where we might have been lacking. We are glad to know that you do enjoy the hotel’s amenities and hope to continue being of service to you in the future. We will definitely start working on those issues as soon as possible so that we can make your next visit exceptional.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed one night before catching a cruise. The hotel is beautiful! The front desk agent Jessica was extremely friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, clean, and the beds were entirely too comfortable (can you tell I love the beds)!

Great location, literally down the street from Dadeland mall. We took the train from Miami airport to South Dadeland station and there is an elevator in the train station that brings you to the hotel lobby (perfect!).

While this location is not close to the cruise port I would definitely recommend staying here (south miami) because of the helpful and friendly staff, location, and comfort!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank msdanipi
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for a conference. I will say the conference facilities, catering, and common areas were great. I had a corner room which was spacious & very clean however, extremely outdated. Didn’t have convenient power outlets & even the hotel needed to use extension chords for the lamps. I had no place to charge my phone next to bed. The CD alarm clock wasn’t much help. It had a lingering smell from once being a “smoking” room back in the day. The location was fairly convenient with a Publix grocery store just across the street. All in all, not what I typically expect from Marriott.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Norma G, Miami Marriott Dadeland at Miami Marriott Dadeland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Hello jlrb07,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We are grateful for you feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed the hotel during the conference but wanted to let you know that we are still undergoing renovations. Once completed, we are sure that you will love the new look and feel of the property as well as lots of new, modern amenities for all our guests to enjoy.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to welcome you in the near future.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

I always enjoy my stay at this Marriott. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is convenient walking distance to the Dadeland Mall and a variety of restaurants. Valet service is always friendly and prompt. I did leave my jewelry in a small white cloth purse in room 1507. I have left a message for your Lost and Found department but haven't received a return call. I stayed in room 1507 on Tuesday, November 28 and checked out early on November 29, 2017. Can you please help?

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2017

Middle of the road hotel that needs an update. Breakfast was good, but the price was to high. The staff are friendly however that won't get a higher rate. On average rate, no value for money and I will choose something else next time.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Norma G, Miami Marriott Dadeland at Miami Marriott Dadeland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Hakan O,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are grateful that you selected the Miami Marriott Dadeland for your recent visit. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you in the future and win back your confidence by providing you with the excellent level of service you have come to know and expect from the Marriott brand.

Thank you once again!

Norma

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Aloft Miami Dadeland
#5 of 7 in Kendall
Downtown
JW Marriott Miami
JW Marriott Miami
#55 of 128 in Miami
Coconut Grove
Sonesta Coconut Grove Miami

Been to Miami Marriott Dadeland? Share your experiences!