4,190 results
All reviews south beach floor to ceiling windows the executive lounge burger king junior suite corner room valet parking miami downtown self park cruise port bay view an upgrade the american airlines arena bayside marketplace per day rooftop pool high floor
Reviewed 25 May 2016

This is an excellent hotel to easily access most of Miami and only 20 minutes from the airport and 10 from South Beach. It is being refurbished presently which rules out any chance of a lie in past 9am.
Facilities are good and when refurbished will be magnificent I'm sure. Our room was a corner junior suite that they upgraded us to because of problems checking in and was amazing, but that may not be representative of standard rooms though. Make sure you go for a view of the Bay though as that is the main attraction.
Watch out for massively inflated bar prices. Overall great though.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2016

Our views of Miami are like no other! We’re thrilled that our central location between Miami International Airport and South Beach was convenient for sightseeing and taking in views of the water and skyline. Although we regret any issues you experienced at check-in, we’re glad that a stay in one of our corner suites helped turn your experience around. We really hope you’ll come visit us at the Hilton Miami Downtown once our renovations is completed and we appreciate your honest insight.

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Everyone was so nice Karla checked us in and met all our needs we stayed in one of the lower floors that had been remodeled and it was lovely . We had this beautiful view of downtown . Valet guys were awesome very courteous . Will be coming back soon

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2016

I work for a law firm who has a client who is on the Fortune 500 list, and we were using our meeting on May 16-17, 2016 to see how effective Hilton would be as a event host. The idea was that, if Hilton could "treat us right" for this smaller engagement, then we would feel comfortable trusting them to host a series of events we have upcoming during the remainder of 2016, most of which encompass large-scale seminars with hundreds of attorneys. In short, it was a great opportunity for Hilton to earn a potential new client. However, after our experience with the hotel during our meetings on May 16th and 17th, I can state unequivocally that you could not PAY ME to EVER stay at a Hilton Hotel again. From the rude service of your check-in staff to the EXTREME unprofessionalism of the supposed "managing staff" to, worst of all, the OUTRAGEOUS price mark-ups for use of a meeting room (e.g., your manager tried to charge us $4 PER PERSON for bringing down ice from my floor to the meeting room we rented, even though I brought the ice in my OWN bucket from my room that I was already paying for.) The meeting was to start at 9am and we couldn't even get into the room until 5-10 minutes beforehand. The room itself was HIGHLY substandard, with peeling paint on the wall and a dirty table. We had to ask for an additional table to be brought in DURING the meeting, which looked highly unprofessional and made us seem unprepared in front of the clients (even though, again, YOUR PEOPLE didn't let us into the room until 5-10 minutes before the meeting actually started). The client was also highly upset at the unprofessionalism of the staff, and one of your front desk clerks even took an attitude and made a smart remark at one of our clients, who is the VP of Legal Affairs at a major world corporation. To say that your hotel and its staff made a poor impression upon these corporate types would be more than just a gross understatement. One remarked that he would "never stay at a Hilton ever again", and I'm inclined to agree with him. You have THE WORST hotel I have EVER stayed at in my LIFE. We just opened up a new bank of business in Miami on an account worth over $10M, which means we will be traveling to the area frequently from now on.....and as I previously referenced, staying at your hotel was part of our "testing ground", if you will, to see if your hotel would be one which we could count on in order for us to carry out our events. You failed MISERABLY, and I'm quite shocked and appalled at the lack of sense of urgency your staff showed our party, even AFTER I made all these same complaints to your head catering manager. Perhaps if we were a bigger party (there were only seven of us), we would have gotten the requisite level of attention. Instead, we were rudely treated and grossly overcharged. This was the worst experience I've ever had working with hotels in my 20+ years of being in the legal business, and not only will I NEVER recommend that anyone ever stay at another Hilton anywhere ever, but I'll be SURELY recommending to our clients and investors that they should SERIOUSLY reconsider any type of business that they currently do with Hilton or any of its affiliate hotels. That's the lesson here, people...you have NO IDEA of the power and positioning of some of the people staying at your hotel. You can't SELECTIVELY choose to whom you are going to show good customer service and to whom you are simply going to disregard. This time, it's going to cost you BIG.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Thank Adrian L. R
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2016

We always appreciate the feedback we receive from our guests, whether positive or otherwise, but reading your comments were truly disconcerting, especially we have not received similar feedback from your colleagues. Whether large or small, the groups that join us for events are incredibly important to us, and we always work our hardest to ensure service provided is of the highest level and that all details are taken care of. As we have an impressive and reputable list of clients that return year after year and have selected us as their exclusive location for Downtown Miami events, we truly hope that we’ll have another opportunity to have you back with us and show you what brings them back. When given the chance, our staff is always happy to go over concerns and honor requests, such as early arrival for set-up. Thank you.

Reviewed 23 May 2016 via mobile

The room we stayed in is older but they are upgraded now so I am sure they will be cleaner and more trendy... good location to Bayfrount park... didnt have alot of time to sightsee bc we were there for a meeting but it has a nice rooftop pool with a view of the bay and different local restaraunts to walk to

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

The Hilton Miami Downtown will be better than ever and we invite you to return soon! Hopefully on your next stay, you’ll have an opportunity to see more of our area. It’s great that our prime location near Bayfront Park and local eateries was convenient for your trip. Thank you for letting us know about your stay.

Reviewed 23 May 2016

To be honest I was expecting the hotel to be nicer. It is definitely showing its age but luckily they have started renovations. It appears to be from the 60's! I was provided a high floor with a nice view - that was a positive! Self parking was $25 per day which is steep but I only had a rental for one night so it didn't break the bank. It was rather confusing that the lobby wasn't on the ground floor and you had to take an elevator up to the lobby level and another elevator up to the guest rooms. The whole property seemed to be run down and had definitely seen better days. The employees were all friendly and provided good service, so that's good! I enjoyed the pool as it was large enough for me to swim laps. The bar was nice but I didn't eat at the restaurant. The bed was comfortable but I did miss not having a fridge in the room.

Room Tip: North and East facing rooms have a great view.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

We always love hearing the perspectives of our guests and we appreciate you sharing yours with us. It’s great to discover that our service and rooftop pool were the highlights of your stay, along with our Hilton Serenity beds. Miami is such a beautiful city and we wanted our guests to be able to enjoy unparalleled views, which is why our hotel is elevated, so our guests can take in skyline and water views from many areas within our hotel. We truly hope that you will return when our renovation is completed and for your next visit, please know that we have refrigerators available upon request.