“Cibo gustoso con una vista bellissima”
Review of Il Gabbiano

Il Gabbiano
Ranked #85 of 4,560 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Overall a really good Italian fine dining experience. We were seated outside with incredible views of the Bay and the nice weather made the ambiance perfect. They really know how to set the stage for a wonderful meal with some nice little samplers. Firstly we were served a bit of balsamic and then a nice piece of parmigiano cheese that they broke off from part of a wheel that melts in your mouth. We were also started with a piece of bruschetta perfumed with fresh sweet tomatoes. Incredible details. The Octopus appetizer was probably the best I have ever had... really it was . The Whole Branzino was cooked to perfection. I was able to sample the bone in veal chop but it was a bit tough and fatty for a veal chop of that caliber. Unfortunately there was no room for desert this time. The wine choices recommend were very good and reasonably priced. Our server was very good and quite entertaining. However, the greeting at the door could be improved as we were asked to wait at the bar where there was no room and getting a pre-Dinner cocktail was a real challenge. Although the overall menu items were priced as expected for the caliber of restaurant, the items offered as specials were quite expensive. Overall, when I combine the food, service and ambiance I would say it surpassed my expectations and I look forward to the next time.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner at il gabiano a few days ago. I looked at the menu and realized it was a high end establishment with entrees on the $25-30 range.
The waiter came and went over the specials for the evening. He did not tell us the price nor did he say it was market price.
We ordered the Osso Buco and farfale pasta with ahi tuna. The osso Buco was good, the pasta was very mediocre.
When the bill came the price for the osso Buco was $65 and the pasta was $48!
This high a price is usually reserved for Lobster, stone crabs etc... But not osso Buco and pasta!
This is very deceptive marketing.
We were very disappointed and called the manager the next day. No resolution.

3  Thank Beyene02
Reviewed 9 November 2017

What we liked was that everything was cooked to order and was hot when served. The wine list is comprehensive but not over the top price wise. The service was professional, courteous and charming. The décor is pleasing to the eye. It is an excellent Resturant.The last time I had quality Italian food like this was at the Hotel Monaco & Grand Canal Terrace Resturant in Venice which is one of my favourites. We will be booking for our December trip shortly. This is a busy establishment with great character, personality and atmosphere. They go the extra mile.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We dined here years ago. Nothing has changed. Promptly sat , The freebie apps cone out in a minute. Parmeggiano cheese , bread , fried zucchini , garlic bread , tomato bruschetta. All before you even get a menu. The selections are tremendous. The service EXCELLENT. The food. Over the top Delicious. Finished off with complimentary limoncello. Highly recommend. THE BEST. !!!!

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

* Early reservation highly reccommended
* Restaurant was full at dinner time
* Nice view
* Delicious italian food
* Friendly waiters
* Highway end prices
* Food portions are big. Do not order when you are hungry. Otherwise you will get a big doggy bag
* If in Miami and you want eat italian the place to go.

Been to Il Gabbiano? Share your experiences!