“Pre-Cruise Extended Stay Heaven!”

Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
Ranked #14 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 15 December 2017 via mobile

I cannot begin to put into words how impressed with this establishment I am! I get nervous about certain spots in Miami because the hotels can be a crap shoot. Not this one. My family got off the plane and the shuttle was waiting out front. We were offered free water as we were taken to the hotel. The shuttle is a 24 hour pleasant service! The hotel is clean with a very friendly atmosphere. I love the staff and more specifically Lucretia. She just has an energy that’s amazingly radiant! The food far exceeds expectations with a huge breakfast selection and a manager’s reception Mon-Thursday with complimentary food, beer, and wine. Let me stop here - ALL OF THESE PERKS ARE INCLUDED IN YOUR STAY!!!!
The “room” is laid out like a mini apartment and they treat the hotel more like a community than an impersonal hotel. The hotel is among 4 others in a big parking lot. It is walking distance from a couple gas stations, Denny’s, McDonalds, and Wendy’s with a strip mall across the street. I liked this place so much I cancelled my room coming back from my cruise just to stay here again. I’d recommend this establishment to family and friends and if I had a magic wand and bag, I’d pack this hotel up like a tent and take it with me wherever I went with the staff included! Such a home away from home and they do a fantastic job!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jae R

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Once again, they lived up to my expectations. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Front desk staff was excellent. Attending to my needs and questions. Free cold beer at dinner is a great touch. Well fed on the free breakfast too. Shuttle drive to and from the airport were friendly and drive safely. Crazy drivers in the area, not a bad as Montreal drivers. Shuttle drivers were on the ball.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

We arrived 2 days before a cruise out of Miami. Before arrival we received an email from Hilton Honors to check-in early and choose our room. We were traveling with my parents on a separate reservation and were excited that we were able to choose 2 rooms very close to each other.

However, when we arrived we were given rooms on separate floors with a very poor explanation of why this occurred. (He had no idea why and, of course, could do nothing to correct it.)

No maid service during our 2 night stay and no linens were provided for the sofa bed for our young daughter, except a blanket in the closet.

The pool is advertised as heated (according to a “welcome” letter in our room) but was ice cold. The front desk said they didn’t think their pool was heated ever. There were several stray cats on the pool loungers and tables and they also drank from the swimming pool. Disgusting. Several times we witnessed a woman feeding the cats on the property. This should be prohibited.

There is only 1 ice maker on this 5-floor property.

The “convenience” market at the front desk sells cereal, but no white milk. Just strawberry and chocolate. After a late flight with a child, we just needed a light snack and milk for our child. We asked if someone could get us some milk from the kitchen. No one had a key. My husband ended up walking to the Chevron down the street in the middle of the night, surrounded by stray cats of course.

The breakfast gals were very nice and accommodating. Very organized. Maybe they should be running the hotel.

Rooms were nice and large.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2017

Awesome place. Great accommodations. Very quiet especially for proximity to airport. Will stay here next time in Miami. Inexpensive and reliable transportation to cruise terminal. All staff friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Overall not bad for the value. Staff is very friend. Would definitely go back again. Close to airport and all the attraction area. Hotel even provide courtesy transportation to Wal Mart and Dolphins Mall.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business