All reviews room was clean an overnight stay chain hotels convenient location price was reasonable interstate hotel new carpet po folks biscuits yogurt next morning the breakfast area linens inns microwave florida gravy
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Convenient location, but enter at Po Folks restaurant on frontage road and drive back toward I-10 to access the facility--a little tricky. Our room was musty, mildewy smelling. I checked to be sure the A/C wasn't draining onto the carpet! It was better by AM with the A/C running all night (and it did run well). Lighting and outlets were adequate. Interior clean. Equipped with microwave and frig. It appeared recently painted and renovated. Staff had no name tags, or I would have submitted positive evaluations on the cards provided. We will stay here in the future. It was a good value.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelFan34602
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Not the best or the worst hotel I've stayed in. It was the only thing available as I was returning home after evacuating for hurricane Irma. My room was clean and the linens fresh. The hotel is pet friendly which was my main requirement as I was traveling with my dog. The room had a small fridge with freezer, microwave, and coffee maker. There was a free breakfast in the lobby beginning at 6am. Nothing appealed to me so I didn't eat. However, the coffee was good. There was a Ruby Tuesday's across the street so I was able to order dinner to go the night of my arrival. The price for my stay was $88 which I felt was reasonable. This is not a resort but is a clean, reasonably priced overnight for a road trip. It's right by I-10 with easy access.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank cathymax1956
Phillip G, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you for your response.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel is NOT in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. It is 2 stories. No elevator. There is a water leak in the hallway in front of the second floor ice machine. It's pooling. The water is seeping thru the wall of room 218, soaking the carpet. When 2 handicapped people schlepped their luggage up the stairs and got to their room, the room key didn't work.
But we are stuck because there are no rooms for travelers returning from hurricane evacuation.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Edward B

Thank you for your response. (Hurrricane Irma) Heavy rain in the week made it seeped thru the wall. We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We stayed one night evacuating from hurricane Irma.
* Positive - clean, all necessary amenities (free internet, ac, microwave, fridge, iron, blow dryer, ice), breakfast (something better than nothing)

*Negative - I left a zip lock w/ undergarments, shorts, pink t-shirt & red sarong - this was my emergency evacuation clothing kit. I called front desk & I was told to call again following day when housekeeping would be on duty. Nothing was in lost in found... hopefully, it will show up at a later date(?)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bagspackedNready2go

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We often stay at Choice brand hotels, including Quality Inn. Our pros and cons for this location:

PROS:
-Good breakfast, with the regular Choice hotel offerings (eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles, breads and pastries, grits and cereals, coffee, juices, milk and yogurt)
-Nice pool and pool area
-Clean room, with some decor updating
-Pet-friendly
-Convenient location, just off I-10
-Reasonably priced. Our three night stay was $219, including tax.

CONS:
-Maintenance. The shower valve was ancient and completely stripped; when trying to turn on the water, it just spun. We had to remove the valve handle and tunr the nut manually to turn the water on and off. Also, there was a hornet's nest under a lounge chair in the pool area, and a guest was stung by these hornets. When they informed staff, they were told that the property was out of bug spray.
-Key System/Room Assignment. We first entered our room to find two other people already in it. We were given a different room, and then later in our stay, our keys were suddenly deactivated and had to be reprogrammed.
-Wifi. Terrible. As you open a web browser, you're supposed to get a pop-up allowing you to enter the hotel's wifi password. It took several tries for this to work on my phone (and when I left the hotel and returned, it had to be done all over again). I never was able to get my laptop onto the wifi, for the duration of the 3 day stay.

OVERALL: Economical and clean, with some issues.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family