All reviews room was clean an overnight stay chain hotels convenient location price was reasonable interstate hotel new carpet po folks biscuits yogurt next morning the breakfast area linens inns microwave florida gravy
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel is NOT in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. It is 2 stories. No elevator. There is a water leak in the hallway in front of the second floor ice machine. It's pooling. The water is seeping thru the wall of room 218, soaking the carpet. When 2 handicapped people schlepped their luggage up the stairs and got to their room, the room key didn't work.
But we are stuck because there are no rooms for travelers returning from hurricane evacuation.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Edward B
Phillip G, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you for your response. (Hurrricane Irma) Heavy rain in the week made it seeped thru the wall. We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

We stayed one night evacuating from hurricane Irma.
* Positive - clean, all necessary amenities (free internet, ac, microwave, fridge, iron, blow dryer, ice), breakfast (something better than nothing)

*Negative - I left a zip lock w/ undergarments, shorts, pink t-shirt & red sarong - this was my emergency evacuation clothing kit. I called front desk & I was told to call again following day when housekeeping would be on duty. Nothing was in lost in found... hopefully, it will show up at a later date(?)

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank bagspackedNready2go

Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

We often stay at Choice brand hotels, including Quality Inn. Our pros and cons for this location:

PROS:
-Good breakfast, with the regular Choice hotel offerings (eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles, breads and pastries, grits and cereals, coffee, juices, milk and yogurt)
-Nice pool and pool area
-Clean room, with some decor updating
-Pet-friendly
-Convenient location, just off I-10
-Reasonably priced. Our three night stay was $219, including tax.

CONS:
-Maintenance. The shower valve was ancient and completely stripped; when trying to turn on the water, it just spun. We had to remove the valve handle and tunr the nut manually to turn the water on and off. Also, there was a hornet's nest under a lounge chair in the pool area, and a guest was stung by these hornets. When they informed staff, they were told that the property was out of bug spray.
-Key System/Room Assignment. We first entered our room to find two other people already in it. We were given a different room, and then later in our stay, our keys were suddenly deactivated and had to be reprogrammed.
-Wifi. Terrible. As you open a web browser, you're supposed to get a pop-up allowing you to enter the hotel's wifi password. It took several tries for this to work on my phone (and when I left the hotel and returned, it had to be done all over again). I never was able to get my laptop onto the wifi, for the duration of the 3 day stay.

OVERALL: Economical and clean, with some issues.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We were given a room that had been freshly painted and new carpet!! Bathroom and sink area was ok!! Air Conditioning worked but buzzed all night!!

Bed was comfortable - room was clean!!

WiFi worked but had to be accessed each time you used 'pad'.

Phone did not work!! Used cellphone to contact office!!

Coffee was available as we left the next morning!

Room tip: Maybe pick a different motel.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dr Tim T
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Our room had been recently refurbished; the furniture and carpeting were still fairly new.
BUT
- WE FOUND HAIRS IN BOTH OUR BEDS (ugh!!!);
- the sink faucet was so dirty, it begged for a cleaning and polishing;
- there was no vent in the bathroom (or it didn't work);
- the bathroom door had been kicked in (by a previous guest, I presume) and should have been replaced;
- the door to our room was so misaligned, you could not close the door unless you BANGED it shut with quite some force;
- the exterior of the hotel sorely lacked maintenance
- the lack of maintenance and lack of cleanliness gave the hotel an overall dingy appearance

Finding the hairs in our beds really KILLED our experience. My family and I were too grossed out to enjoy our stay. I would not recommend staying here, especially if you have a family. The hotel is located right off I-10 in what appears to be a truck stop area.

Date of stay: July 2017