“A Gem in Margate”
Review of The Gem Eatery

The Gem Eatery
Ranked #5 of 129 Restaurants in Margate
Reviewed 13 January 2018

I have been wanting to try this place for awhile now and this morning I finally got the chance. My daughter is down this weekend from college but she is working all day. I wanted to squeeze a little time in with her and I knew she wouldn't turn down a breakfast out.

The Gem is located in a nondescript shopping plaza off of 441 in Margate. It's across from the field that Margate uses to host festivals, concerts, and food truck invasions.

The interior of the restaurant is very small but nicely decorated. I was worried about having to wait but we came on a Saturday morning at 9 AM but we did not have any problems. They are closed Sunday and Monday.

We were instantly greeted, seated, and brought coffee which we both sincerely appreciated. The coffee was on the weak side but I subscribe to the theory that any coffee is good coffee.

We decided to start with the cinnamon roll that stars in so many people's reviews. This is not Pillsbury from a can. It is huge, soft, and drowning in icing. Whatever progress I made with the Lean Cuisine and running this week was instantly undone but it was worth it.

For breakfast we both had the French Toast, bacon, my daughter had eggs and I had the home fries. Everything was fantastic. We ended up ordering way too much food especially after that cinnamon roll but we just boxed the leftovers. The bill was $30 and we had a ton of food.

The Gem Eatery is going to be added to my breakfast rotation . From the outside this place wouldn't have caught my eye but the Yelp reviews were right again, this place is a real "Gem".

Reviewed 5 January 2018

The server was very good at getting us coffee but to get breakfast took over 30 minutes and the place was not busy. I think the cooks lost the ticket or didn't see it. whatever, it is not worth waiting that long for potatoes and eggs. The toast came out cold. So, first and last visit.

Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

Great home made food in a home environment. Even have healthy options or desserts depend on your mood.

Reviewed 14 June 2017 via mobile

This small family run restaurant is high on quality, cleanliness and flavor! The chef puts his own twist on alot of old favorites and several specialty items of his own! The food is well prepared, fresh and never greasy. The coffee is good and a little bold. Waffles are light and fluffy and the homemade cinnamon bun is delicious and big enough for two! Great place for breakfast or lunch.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

This little restaurant is certainly a hidden gem! Small and comfortable with great service and homemade food. I have not had such a flavorful omelet in a long time - get the farmer's omelet if you like cream cheese! Also the cheddar grits are the bomb. We will certainly be going back for lunch and dinner sometime.