“So Worth The Price”

Verdi's An American Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Verdi's An American Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 126 Restaurants in Marco Island
Price range: US$9 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Chef Sanjuan is constantly expanding his skills and is continuously praised by our local customers, as well as commended on social media for his talent of preparing food to perfection. In addition, our distinguished wine list will allow you to pair any meal with the perfect wine. Please visit our menu tab for our most current wine list and broad menu. Verdi’s reservation office is open from noon to 9pm daily and reservations are highly suggested from November 1st through then end of April. In addition, reservations for parties of 8 or more are strongly suggested year round. Our dress code is island casual (polo shirts and dressy sandals are acceptable). Kid’s welcomed and kid’s menu are available. We invite you to join us for dinner and experience Verdi’s difference; we guarantee that you will love your meal and leave delighted with our customer service.
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Two years ago, while staying on Marco Island, we went to Verdi's and had a wonderful meal. It was so memorable that we decided to make the 40 minute drive from Naples to try it again. We were definitely not disappointed. The special was a veal chop so perfectly prepared that I could have ordered 2 ... one to take with me! I had salad with fabulous bleu cheese dressing and tender asparagus and sauteed spinach. Everything was wonderful. My companion had the crispy duck, reportedly excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant. Both the service and the food were impeccable.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,013)

Reviewed 29 October 2017

Have been visiting Verdis for at least 15 years and we always get a great meal .The welcome and service are special also .The menu is a little different to other similar places and the specials are worth trying

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed in Marco for 6 nights and ate here twice.

We went in on the basis of TripAdvisor and the pics of the food.

Pics do not speak a thousand words....... only food does.

On our first visit we were treated like long lost family, the food was amazing.... pork rib was about 1.5 inches thick and perfectly cooked beautiful sauce. The lamb rack was medium rare, just as my wife likes it. We did our normal and shared each other's dishes.
The chef came round to chat after service which was nice......
We tried 3 other places and decided to go back to Verdis for the last night.
When we walked in all the staff welcomed us back...... knew what we wanted to drink, fabulous.
We had the pork rib again and a rib eye. Starters of stuffed crab mushrooms and the mushroom crostini.
The owner and the chef came to chat and even the chef remembered what we had ordered the first time

A lovely little place that takes time with it's customers...... a rare thing these days.

If yo are in Marco and want the individual and personal service, then this is the place.

Definitely in our top 3 restaurants in the world......

In equal measure and totally different...... la gavroche, Mayfair, London...... sandwich me , ao bang, krabi, Thailand...... and Verdis, Marco beach, Florida....... in no particular order.... love them all.

Would definitely recommend that you visit if you can.

2  Thank SteveA3282
Reviewed 8 September 2017

Great food in a so-so location. The restaurant is well decorated and the menu while not large is more than sufficient. The wine list is very well priced and adequate.
Service was impeccable

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My husband and I celebrated a long weekend on Marco Island, and we chose to spend our first dinner at Verdi's on a weeknight. Although we arrived early, we were shown to a nice corner booth, and there was no wait. Our server was extremely friendly, as was the host stand.
We enjoyed the hot bread with the house infused oil. We split a bottle of rose which was priced appropriately, and we both ordered the house salad which was garnished beautifully. I had the chicken phyllo for my entrée, which was served piping hot and accompanied with mashed potatoes. For dessert we shared the German chocolate cake with coconut caramel sauce and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
I loved the ambiance of the bistro, and it was quiet. We chose to eat indoors, however there is a limited outdoor seating area. The restaurant is located in a small strip mall. This was truly one of my favorite dinners during our stay on Marco Island.