4,371 results
All reviews tiki pool coffee shop sushi kids pool resort fee breakfast buffet beautiful resort north tower pizza place self parking spring break white sand per day great beach under construction family vacation little pricey
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Amazing hotel right on the beach. We had a room with a sea view which was lovely, clean and big. The hotel has lots of restaurants to choose from, two lovely pools and friendly staff. We were aware before we visited that there was construction work going on but it didn't impact us at all and didn't notice the noise.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Jeff H, Manager at JW Marriott Marco Island, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit with us. As you experienced, guests at our resort can go instantly from the pools to the beach. We are excited to know you had an awesome experience with us. Thank you again.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

We stayed August 2-4 and absolutely loved it. We were greeted the moment we walked in the door. We opted for a better room to open up, so while we waited we had a cocktail or 2 at the beachside restaurant. 30 minutes later our room was ready and we were placed on the quiet side- which we loved. We were separate from both pools, had a city and ocean view. The room was very clean and quiet. We had dinner in the Sushi restaurant- was very good and pricing is modest. We reserved a cabana at the pool for the following day and had a great time. Our attendant was very attentive and helpful. We had dinner that night at the restaurant on the lower level which was excellent. Again the service was fabulous. The coffee shop serves Illy coffee as does the entire property. We walked the beach, chilled at the pool and enjoyed the tiki bar in the evening. They currently do not have an adult pool but are in the process of adding one. The resort fit the bill for us. Definitely will return.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us and thank you for taking advantage of all the great restaurants located at our resort. Guests can arrive and do not have to leave the hotel for anything as we can provide everything with our restaurants and amenities. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

We're currently at the JW Marriott Marco Island and I couldn't wait to write this review because I just can't believe this is now officially a JW Marriott property!

We have stayed at other JW's, namely the JW Orlando Grande Lakes where we've stayed many times and serve as our Go-To hotel when in Orlando, JW Ihilani in Ko Olina where we've stayed twice so I have a frame of reference to base my review. What I can always rely on when staying at a JW is the consistency is service and experience and as a Marriott Gold Elite member, it's something I look forward to.

We returned to Marco Island after coming here last year July and also brought my brother and his family and convinced them to also stay at the JW Marco Island. Our stay didn't start off on a good note when they didn't acknowledge Elite status (it's really nothing but it's why I work hard to stay with Marriott for both work and personal travel) and they didn't convey Elite benefits. Then they gave us a King bed for 1 of the 2 rooms I booked even though the reservation noted 3 adults and we were expecting 2 queen beds. They eventually was able to find us another room but not after spending at least 30 minutes at the front desk.

They gave us turn down service on the first night and that was the end of it, haven't seen that service since. It might not be a big deal but it speaks to the consistent service frequent guests come to expect. Even my son, who looks forward to the chocolates, noticed and said it's not the same. My brother went thru 2 days without getting his room cleaned and garbage had piled up, inexcusable especially when I used the Marriott mobile app to request service. What's the point of offering this in-app feature when it is ignored? I don't get it because they were very prompt when the same app was used to request bath amenities which arrived promptly. The worst experience came during poolside service from Quinn's, their casual beachside restaurant. We placed an order for lunch, which included drinks, wings, chicken tenders and burgers. My brother began to fix his burger and discovered hair on his burger!!! Yuck!!!! I understand that it is busy but that is just inexcusable for Marriott's top end chain within the Marriott brand. This is not a reflection of the poolside staff who were very friendly, accommodating and prompt and always anticipating guests needs like Chris from Cabana concierge and Tiffany from Quinn's pool side staff. It's staff members like them who ensure that their guest interactions leave on a positive note which leave a lasting impression on guests stay.

The hotel is building an adult (18+ only) wing along with new restaurants and other amenities. I would love to experience this new wing in the future but with this recent experience, I am now on the fence.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
5  Thank HappyTraveler01
Gareth M, Front Office Manager at JW Marriott Marco Island, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your review during your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you have experienced. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and show you that we greatly value your Gold Elite status. Please do contact me via the front desk so that we may respond to your comments in person and ensure the remainder of your stay is absolutely perfect.
Gareth Marsh
Front Office Manager
239 642 2639

Reviewed 17 August 2017

Had the best sunset experience...
Quinn's was great, food was fresh and delicious....
Had the fish tacos and the grouper, french martinis with excellent service from
Maria, who was very professional , accommodating, with a sweet personality!!!
Great and beautiful property!!

Room Tip: Be at Quinn's at 7:30 pm to enjoy sunset and show.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Jeff H, Manager at JW Marriott Marco Island, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Thank you sharing your dining experience at Quinn's. We will share your thoughtful words with Maria. From Quinn's to Kane, our resort is the best place on Marco Island to have a drink and watch the sunset.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

This is a high-end quality venue and it shows throughout.

The service is first class from the moment you step out of your car to the moment you drive away.

The hotel is huge and immaculate, Guest rooms are large and very well appointed.

I think I had one of the best hotel breakfasts at Maia which is located within the hotel. It is also worth mentioning the in-house sushi bar and the coffee shop; these were also both excellent.

At the time we visited there was construction work going on to create the new adults only element of the hotel. When I pulled up I was concerned this might impact upon our stay, with noise at the very least. However this was not the case.

The only downside was having to leave!

Room Tip: Get a beach front view
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. Our associates at the JW Marriott Marco Island are focused on providing excellent service from arrival to departure. Our resort offers many different options for dining including the best on the island breakfast buffet, Maia. We look forward to your return.