“Great vacation !!!!!!”

Marriott's Crystal Shores
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Marco Island
Reviewed 12 November 2017

Our first visit to Marco Island. We were totally blown away with Crystal Shores. The facility is unbelievable , from the suites to the grounds. The staff couldn't have been nicer. They went out of their way to make sure that the needs of the guests were met. I would like to thank Allen Sagan, Matt lsabelle, Devon lmm, tom Brady. I would also like give special thanks to Bryn Post. Hats off to Marriott and their staff .

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boonan
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Crystal Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in Marco Island. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a perfect review.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

I was also bumped just 12 days before the start of my intended stay on 8 November. I was planning to visit from the UK and to meet my US family from out of State. However I too received a short email saying that I would have to find alternative accommodation myself. I had specifically called the resort on two occasions after Irma to check that my reservation would be honoured. On both occasions I was told that it would be.

When I called Marriott to complain I was told that there was nothing Marriott could or would do and I should make a claim on my holiday insurance.

In several emails and telephone calls I asked to raise my complaint to senior management and be given contact details. This request has been ignored.

In the latest email from them they have said that they may have to make further last minute cancellations prior to the resort being opened fully in the New Year. BEWARE this means that future bookings are at risk.

Marriott have dealt with this matter in a callous and shortsighted manner.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank David C
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Crystal Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and leave a review. We apologize for your reservation cancellation. We are working diligently to get the resort fully operational as soon as possible.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Hard to believe. I received a call today that my upcoming stay at Marriott's Crystal Shores is cancelled due to the "recent" hurricane. The most annoying part was that the rep, Joe, offered no apology at all. Very matter of factly advised me that they are closing one of the buildings to work on it so our upcoming reservation for Nov 12 is cancelled. Said he would try to find me alternate accommodations but most MVC timeshares were filled. I advised him that Singer Island seemed to have availability so we booked there. A three hour drive from airport. At the end of the phone call I was expecting a "thank you for understanding" or "sorry for the inconvenience", but neither. We own three Marriott Timeshares. This experience did not make me feel worthwhile as a Marriott Timeshare owner for over twelve years. Shame on Marriott for their poor customer service.

Stayed: November 2017
3  Thank karrhr
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Crystal Shores, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Reviewed 31 October 2017

I travel a ton for work and pleasure (over 110+ nights/year), and I have an appreciation for the myriad of obstacles that hotels are faced with at times. I have never, in 25 years of travel, been treated worse than I was by Marriott's Crystal Shores. I am a Lifetime Marriott Platinum Elite member and had a reservation cancelled, with no alternative given, 2 weeks prior to my arrival date for a wedding in November. Was I called and informed of this? No. Just a standard Marriott "here is your confirmation for the cancellation that you requested" EMAIL. I did not request a cancellation. When I phoned the resort, I was informed that the resort sustained damage from Hurricane Irma and they were cancelling selected reservations. The Hurricane was on September 10th. The cancellation was sent October 27th. I had received not ONE communication from Crystal Shores, or Marriott, indicating any anticipated issue, in the almost 7 WEEKS since Irma. Now I have a wedding in Marco Island, with no reservation, a non-refundable plane ticket, and less than 2 weeks to find another alternative, 100% out-of-pocket. No apology from the resort. No accommodation option at the JW Marriott, which is right down the street. Whatever you do, stay somewhere else and hope that Marriott removes Crystal Shores as a property. It does not deserve the name.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
6  Thank 757JeffT

Reviewed 25 October 2017

Staying at Crystal shores week Oct 22-29, 2017. The property is finishing the completion of 2 new towers that would have been done by now if it weren't for Hurricane IRMA. The construction of the new towers is almost complete. we are staying in the front ocean bldg and cannot hear any construction sounds. The new rear tower is complete. the new side tower is still being worked on inside but very quiet. The only sound is the cutting and laying of tiles for the 3rd pool. the pool is in but the surrounding tiles are still being installed. The overall facility is really beautifully taking shape. My best guess is that all will be complete by end of January. Folks at the pool staying in the new towers say the residences are 1st class. Overall Marco island main roads have all been cleaned of hurricane irma damage. The side streets still need some debris pickup. Restaurants are open. The beach, already amazing, has been widened due to IRMA so much more to enjoy.

The staff at Crystal Shores go out their way to be helpful. This is our 6th year coming here and already have reservations for next year. We can see that when all is done this will be a top resort in the Vacation club.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank john33cross

Thank you for a perfect review! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in Marco Island. We hope you will join us again sometime.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marco Island
Edgewater Beach Hotel
#11 of 59 in Naples
Naples Bay Resort
#6 of 59 in Naples

Been to Marriott's Crystal Shores? Share your experiences!