All reviews manager jay altamonte springs long stay home away from home front office staff full kitchen sleeper sofa coffee maker the entire staff clean rooms bed was comfortable housekeeping staff stove pets proximity
Reviewed 20 October 2018

We checked in late and the room we were given had not been cleaned -- used sheets dirty towels on the floor unrine and toilet paper in an unflushed toilet. We were never, ever given an apology, just moved. CNN did not work at all and remote control sucked. And although I called three times for my wi-fi password it was never given to me. By the way the wi-fi quality showed up as "poor". spend the additional $40 and stay at the Courtyard Marriott a half block up the street.

Date of stay: October 2018
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1776 Pembrook Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the difficulties you encountered while you were here. This is not the type of review we are accustomed to receiving, and it is very disappointing to read. We are meeting with staff members to discuss this situation and reiterate the importance of impeccable customer service and attention to detail. We hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

My family and myself stayed at 1776 Pembrook Dr. for over three weeks. The hotel staff was phenomenal! I definitely have to give a special shoutout to Allison - who worked as a cleaning staffer for my unit. Allison was not only professional but was kind and knowledgeable about the surrounding areas of Florida! A major plus for my family and I.... As we were new to the area and needed some guidance in the area. She was also very kid friendly! My two boys ages 7 and 10 Just thought she was the coolest!!!! She talk with them about their favorite games and showed them little helpful things about cleaning and making up a bed! Also a double plus for us!!! Thanks Allison!! And thanks to Extended Stay America- Orlando- Maitland-1776 Pembrook Drive! 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!!!! Your Customers forever- Glenn Reese and family!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1776 Pembrook Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Glenn, thanks for the awesome review of Extended Stay America. We are thrilled to know you were impressed with the courteous service provided by our staff and that you enjoyed well-maintained facilities. It was a pleasure to have you as a guest, and we await your return for another outstanding stay.

Reviewed 2 August 2018

The room was clean, but there was a lack of attention to detail. The coffee pot was filthy. There was something spilt down the side of the single arm chair. The vinyl kitchen floor was sticky. The desk chair was so badly stained, I covered the seat with a bathroom towel and the vinyl lounge chairs had a lot of dust particles stuck in the seam of the seats. I purchased anti bacterial wipes to clean them. When we folded out the sofa bed the dust and dirt was terrible. All sorts of hair.........

The bathroom was a good size, with the basin and a small open plan hanging area and wire baskets / drawers for clothing. There was one plastic hanger in our room, so we couldn't hang anything. Their is a kitchen which included a full size fridge, a stove and an oven. The kitchen sink did not come with a plug and there were no cooking supplies but there is a 'menu' to order a kitchen package from the front desk.

All rooms in this hotel are one bed and a sofa bed (as advised by the reception staff on checkout) I had requested the sofa bed be made for our arrival, but it had not. When I questioned the check-in staff about the sofa bed and advised my request, she replied, 'oh we don't do that. you need to make the sofa bed yourself'. Personally I thought I was paying the hotel to do that. Real pain, after a long day.

As it turns out the sofa bed feels like it has been there for a 110 years, although the checkout staff told me all sofa beds are 2 years old. The most uncomfortable sofa bed I have ever laid on. The mattress is thin, it sinks in, I could feel the springs and bar of the frame and it squeaked. There was no way either one of us was going to be able to sleep on this sofa bed without having to seek a chiropractor after our stay, so we had to agree to share the main bed for three nights. The main bed is very comfortable, apart from its proximity to the air conditioner, which was so loud we turned it off over night and sweated it out.

I asked for a kitchen package. So not only did I have to lug my luggage to my room, I also had to collect sheets and blankets for the sofa which we realised was useless and a kitchen pack which did not fully cater for a stay in which we were utilising the kitchen in its entirety.

In the box, we received two non stick teflon pans. One saucepan and one frypan, both without lids. Two of the following; dinner plates, bread plates, bowls, mugs, plastic glasses. knifes, forks, spoons. We also received a coffee maker, dish drying rack, a dishwashing cloth and two satchets of dishwashing liquid.

NOT SUPPLIED:- spatula, tongs, serving spoon, oven mits, (bath towel became the oven mit) oven trays or oven proof bowls (I had to buy disposable), tea towel, chopping board (they didn't have any left) sharp knife for cutting meat, can opener, colander (not important unless you are draining pasta like I wanted to - remember no lids so couldn't even drain from the pot)

The whole purpose of booking at an extended stay was so we could eat in the room. no other reason. The apartment is not close to anything so it would not be my first choice for anything other than a kitchen. Seems pointless having a kitchen without equipment available to use. I can go without a lot of items, but there are simply items that are useful even on holiday.

We used the paid guest laundry facilities which were great, although there was a lot of pet hair in one. We used the gym and it suited our needs for three days. We didn't use the pool but it looked inviting. The grab and go breakfast is exactly that. You take what you need for breakfast and return to your room with your supplies. We grabbed oats sachets, a packaged muffin and a couple tea bags.

We had left the privacy sign on our door for three days. We didn't need the bed made or towels changed. On the last day while packing our car, I returned to find house keeping closing my door. I was not impressed and told housekeeping 'privacy please means privacy, do not enter' She looked at me like she didn't understand a thing I just said and walked away. I mentioned it to the front desk and received an apology, but it left me wondering if they had entered my room on previous days with the privacy sign on the door. Not happy!

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the lift
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1776 Pembrook Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Thank you for your detailed review. Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you experienced during your stay. Your feedback shows that we have room for improvement, and we assure you we will be more diligent going forward. We have shared your concerns with the appropriate department in order to improve our service and facilities moving forward. We hope you will consider a return visit so we can make it up to you.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

The two stars are due to the staff they are the best thing about this hotel.

Where to begin.

The elevator PINGS so loudly at every floor and at every button push that you are guaranteed a rotten nights sleep even when 4 rooms away.

The breakfast like so many hotel breakfasts is designed to inflict maximum harm upon the guests.

Coffee mate to aid you in that heart attack.

Sugary muffins and candy bars with the buzz word granola to not sound like candy bars to work towards you eventual diabetes.

Crappy flavored packets of things like oatmeal.

And HFCS and GMO nightmare. Truly sad that the management has so much contempt for the guests.

In other posts I see that they are 'sorry it is not to our tastes but they will share the feedback with 'brand leaders'. Who are they? The execs that get the kickbacks from the crap brands you give to the guests?

Room tip: Stay elsehwere
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1776 Pembrook Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2018

Karl, we are disheartened to read your review. Please accept our sincere apology for the problems you encountered. You deserved a comfortable and stress-free stay, and we did not live up to your expectations. Your comments have been shared with the appropriate individuals to ensure a better outcome going forward. We would appreciate you giving us another opportunity to provide you with a comfortable experience.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

This is a great location to get your thoughts together and spend so quality time with your family while on vacation. The staff is friendly and cheerful, then are also very knowledgeable. The front desk staff will accommodate you as much as possible without a problem. Ricardo, has been making my stay more pleasurable and resolving all of the issues that I have had.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
00esa, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1776 Pembrook Drive, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Barbara, thank you for your stay at Extended Stay America. It's great to see that our staff was friendly, warm and welcoming. We work hard to provide an excellent experience, and our team will certainly appreciate being recognized for their efforts. Thanks for staying with us, and we hope you will choose us again the next time you are in the area.