“Awesome spot”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We are weekly regulars at this place. Always friendly, always easy in and out.... one of those places at Johns pass that people don’t know of or see.

If you haven’t been... you definitely should of!

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank jeffbG119LM

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Great local spot with amazing fresh seafood! The staff is so great! Stop in & relax! Totally worth it !

Date of visit: May 2018
2  Thank JamieJ10309
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has a great location & their drinks are great. Service is fantastic and our main dishes were good as well. The disappointment for us were the sides. They are straight from a can. I had the tropical fruit salad as my side it was canned fruit that was awful. The baked beans seemed to be a generic can with little taste. I feel that for the price I can chose a restaurant close by with fresh sides for the same price.

Date of visit: August 2018
Trickytk1, Owner at Pirates Pub and Grub, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

I am sorry that you disliked our side options on this visit. we have been trying out some different, kid friendly sides, tying to see what families may like. yes it is canned tropical fruit salad and Motts applesauce and Bushes baked beans.... you got us, you have a great palate! I wish we would have been on our toes and noticed that you were unhappy with the sides because we have wonderful in house, fresh made sides we SHOULD have suggested to try instead, such as: Fresh cut fries, creamy coleslaw, penne pasta with feta, capers, spinach and basil, an orzo pasta with roasted red peppers, Kalamata olives and feta cheese, an Italian cucumber and tomato salad, and a delish potato salad. on the other hand I am happy the mains, service and drinks were on point. Thank you for your time and please consider giving us another try.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

It was a very hot evening, after visiting the stores at Johns Pass and watching the people fishing from the pier, we decided to have dinner, the restaurant is very small and look funky, the air conditioned seems no existent, the menu is very simple, we order the Grilled Shrimp Skewer which were good, our server "Nicole" was very friendly but a little too busy with the other tables. Our only disappointment is that you are on the coast but the seafood choice is the same everywhere "none" or very little.

Date of visit: July 2018

Honestly, its reallllllllyyyyyy hot in August!! and your right it doesn't feel like the air is on. Sometimes I have to put my hand in front of the Air conditioner just to make sure its working,( somedays I think I would feel better if it were broken that way I could have an excuse as to why I'm so hot.) BUT on a better note we DID, just last week, install two new ceiling fans to see if that helps any. lol . I am also glad you liked your grilled shrimp skewer. next time try one of our other seafood platers such as : Grilled or Fried Grouper, homemade crab cake, lobster po' boy, coconut shrimp, fish tacos are the bomb, Blackened grilled sea scallops are Nicole's favorite, fish and chips are super popular as well as a few other gems from the sea!

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We saw the great reviews, but were still a little taken aback when we walked in. Its just a small place with some fun pirate decorations and a bar, but the service was top notch and the food was wonderful. My BBQ burger was excellent and everyone in our party loved their choices. We highly recommend this fun place and will be back.

Date of visit: July 2018

Thank you so much for the awesome review. see you next time!