“Service with a smile on a hot day...”
Review of The Sand Bar

The Sand Bar
Ranked #8 of 11 Dessert in Madeira Beach
Price range: US$4 - US$6
Description: 30 Flavors of Shaved Ice, 25 Delicious Ice Creams, Hyppo Ice Pops, Malts, Milkshakes, Floats, Smoothies, Cold Drinks, Snacks and more...
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Stopped by The Sand Bar for some shaved ice on a hot day at John's Pass. We were greeted with a welcoming smile and hello from the lady behind the counter. She was very pleasant and friendly. The prices were some of the cheapest at John's Pass ice cream/cool treats and the serving sizes were decent too. While the shaved ice was the reason we stopped, but it was the friendly service is why we'll be visiting the Sand Bar the next time we need ice cream at John's Pass.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

I had a fruit punch shaved ice!
$6 and well worth it!
I plan on having more before my trip is over. Staff were wonderful and very friendly.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Good job!
Great selection!
Friendly staff!
Stayed open even though we arrived at closing!
Just off main drive but so worth it!

Reviewed 25 June 2017

Another place my son and I must visit when at John's Pass is the Sand Bar. I had the Walnut ice cream one time and still can't stop craving it! They didn't have it this past visit so I got the Moose Tracks...it was delicious!! The staff is always super friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

The ice cream is great and they give you big scoops! It was a great treat for a hot and humid day! It is kind of hidden of the beaten path but definitely worth the extra steps!