“Nice Property, but needs some changes...”

Wingate by Wyndham Panama City Area Lynn Haven
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lynn Haven
Reviewed 5 December 2016

Good location near shopping and restaurants in the Lynn Haven and Panama City, FL area. Our stay was booked on-line with no problems.

Upon arrival, it literally took 15-20 minutes to check-in because a new front desk clerk was being trained and a regular government employee guest was checking back in. He had to make changes to his reservation and another reservation for the next two weeks and this seemed to baffle the two people behind the desk. Nobody even acknowledged my presence until I had waited 20 minutes and then it was simply, "Sorry, we're training a new employee." I understand the need for training, but is 5 PM on a Saturday the best time to do that?

The only piece of real cardio equipment in the fitness center was a treadmill and it had a big 'Out of Order' sign on it. The breakfast was good, although the coffee tasted like it had been sitting a long time. The hotel also allowed a big truck and trailer and two other cars to park over-night under the front entrance area which made it impossible for other cars to pull up there and load or unload. The Fire Marshall may not have approved, as it would have been impossible for emergency equipment to service the hotel. I know they knew who these vehicles belonged to because I had to provide my auto information when I checked in.

The hotel shuttle van was parked out front, in a way that it was taking up two parking spaces.

By reading this review, you'd never know I really am a positive, glass half-full person. We will return to this area often to visit family, but may search for a hotel that has a better attention to detail. Low price and location are important, but they are not everything.

Room Tip: Most rooms should be quiet and none are really going to have good views. You are staying here becaus...
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Anita P, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Panama City Area Lynn Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I would like to take a moment to address your comments directly. We have had some recent staffing changes that call for training during our busy times. This helps the new employees see more and learn more than they would in the slower times. 3pm-9pm is a busy time for our hotel. As for our fitness center, we do apologize for the treadmill being out of order. Like most hotels around the world, during the off-season we do our best to renovate what we can and bring in new furniture and equipment for the hotel. All of our fitness center equipment is being upgraded in the next 2-3 weeks. The parking lot is for all guests to use. Several of our guests check in very late and check out very early after only being here for a few hours. This was the case with the "big truck and trailer" and "other cars" that you saw under the awning in the front. No cars are allowed special permission to park in fire zones for extended periods of time. As for the hotel shuttle being double parked, I will have to look into that myself. Our driver usually parks it in the last parking space right up against the curb, leaving ample room for guests to park their cars. We do appreciate your comments and hope to see you again. Please feel free to call the general manager if you have any further questions or concerns.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

I normally get very good service at this hotel, the beds are comfortable and clean. This time was not so good. The toilet seat broke no one ever came to fix it so I had to endure a broken toilet seat my whole visit and did not get my roomed cleaned or fresh towels two days out of my 4 night stay.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. I do apologize for any inconveniences that you experienced while you were here. According to our logs, no toilet seats were reported as needing adjustment over the past month. We ask that any concerns like this be brought to the attention of the desk staff or the manager as soon as they are noticed. Our team here is highly trained in handling guest needs and we will be able to handle it whether it's a loose toilet seat or needing to bring extra towels to a room. :) We thank you again for your review and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 28 November 2016

I was very pleased with this hotel for the price. The staff was nice, breakfast was good, & everyone helpful. The only problem was the work out equipment; most machines were either broken or sub par. The front desk person said new equipment arriving in January.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! We are so glad that you were able to enjoy a pleasant stay with us. We appreciate your comments about our professional staff, as well as our hot complimentary breakfast. We do apologize for the fitness center equipment. It is currently being replaced by new equipment this off-season. We hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 18 November 2016

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Thank D. H. C

Reviewed 17 November 2016

My two night stay was for pleasure. I was very impressed with the building and grounds. Extremely clean and well tended to. I thought the property was fairly new! My room was fine. My experience exceeded my expectation.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Anita P, Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Panama City Area Lynn Haven, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel! While the hotel is not brand new, it looks brand new due to our recent hotel-wide renovations. We are so glad that you were able to enjoy your stay and that we "exceeded your expectations". We hope to see you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lynn Haven
Sheraton Bay Point Resort
#3 of 48 in Panama City Beach
3.4 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Panama City

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Panama City Area Lynn Haven? Share your experiences!