“Food was very good, service was nice, and live music too!”

Milan Italian Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 150 Restaurants in Longwood
Reviewed 3 August 2015

We decided to goto this restaurant on a whim and we werent disappointed. First, we got cheese sticks. They were warm and melty and yummy. The salads were fresh. I had NO brown and NO pink lettuce! The ranch was very good too! Finally, I ordered beef stew, but as my luck would have it- they were out! LOL. In the end we were both happy with our dinner. The live music was fun too!

Reviewed 8 July 2015

This small Italian restaurant has a wide variety of dishes, all reasonably priced. The staff is very friendly and attentive. Thoroughly enjoy our meals there!

Reviewed 30 April 2015 via mobile

...Which I swore to never go to again. Best friend and I were on our way to Polonia and I wish we had stuck with our original plan. We drove past and saw new signs for italian cuisine, Milan, and decided to check it out. I was telling my friend how horrible the food was when it was Romansa and was excited to try the new restaurant.

We were promptly seated in the dining area, but the focal point of the room is the huge bar in the middle... That was in the middle of trivia!! My friend commented how it was odd that they'd be doing trivia (extremely loud) in an Italian restaurant.

The waitress was great which is why I gave 2 stars. The food on the other hand was terrible. No garlic we could taste on the 'garlic' bread. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. The bruschetta was subpar. The Caesar salad was so so. I asked the waitress when they had opened. To my dismay she replied that they hadn't just opened. They just changed the name. My friend asked if I wanted to leave and I wish I had said yes. Instead we opted to just finish the meal there since our entree was on its way out.

Worst chicken parm. Ever. It was on a bed of spaghetti and water. We literally had to pick up the plate and drain the water out of it. Have no idea if the sauce was any good because it was so watered down. The chicken was like a frozen dinner texture smothered and covered in cheese. I had 2 bites and was done with it.

The waitress was very nice and when she asked how everything was (maybe noticing that half the food was untouched) my friend told her simply it was not good. She discounted the check which was appreciated, but no level of excellent service will have me return to a restaurant with terrible food.

It's a shame because I don't think I'll ever step back into that restaurant in fear that the owner just changed the name again. It's so deceiving to walk into what you think will be a fine dining italian restaurant. When the reality is they're a bar. Trivia on the night we went. I wouldn't be surprised if they had karaoke on the weekend. It's aggravating that they changed their name but didn't change ANYTHING else. If you want to go to a bar to hang out this would be a good place. If you're looking for an exceptional 'italian' meal and dining experience than keep driving.

Luckily since we hadn't filled up on the food there we had room for ice cream and the night was saved with some Jeremiah's!

1  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 15 April 2015

Milan has great Italian food, good service and a relaxed atmosphere. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a great meal at an affordable price.

1  Thank Eaorlando

Been to Milan Italian Restaurant? Share your experiences!