“Tasty Italian cooking”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2016

Visited here twice on a recent trip and as always Emilio and his team deliver good service and food .This restaurant is casual but professional . We look forward to the next trip ..

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank Morlaism

Reviewed 7 April 2016

First visit; cozy quiet atomosphere. You can tell off-season has arrived. Excellent veal marsala. Nice extensive Italian menu.

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank Roger E
Reviewed 23 March 2016 via mobile

The lobster shrimp pasta was excellent. Enjoyed every bite. I was so full that I couldn't enjoy my favorite dessert.... Lemmonicello cake. So I took it to go. Delicious. Enjoyed over two evenings. Very generous slice.

1  Thank fritzkath
Reviewed 19 March 2016

We have been here everytime we come to Longboat and have never been disappointed. Grouper picatta was excellent and vegie primavera.

1  Thank italian71
Reviewed 4 March 2016 via mobile

We have been coming to Longboat Key for years and finally found Cafe Don Giovanni. It's hidden in the back of a strip center, pretty nondescript. We've stopped before during the day looking for menus on a window and didn't see any, so we forgot to go back. Well yesterday we asked the bike shop owner in the same strip how the food was, and he said this was "real Italian" not a pizza in the place. We were thrilled with the restaurant. The place inside is just okay, but the waitstaff was wonderful! It was kind of a funny way to handle it, but we loved when they brought the specials board right to the table. First we had a salad. It was nice to have a real tossed salad with olive oil and a good vinegar. I had sole and my husband had grouper. Both were delicious. My husband had the side of pasta and I had the vegetables. We loved everything!!
The desserts are made elsewhere, but seemed handmade. I had lemon sorbet in the actual lemon!
I highly recommend this hidden gem. We will definitely be going back!!

1  Thank AmyoMichigan