“VERY Pretty”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Jodi B
Homer, Illinois
“Lots of cons, but would stay here again”
Reviewed 30 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015
person found this review helpful

Cons:
1. In the picture of the kitchen, it shows a crock pot and salt/pepper shakers. Neither were provided, so don’t plan on a crock pot meal like I did! And bring your own S&P with you if you plan to prepare meals here.
2. In the picture of the loft room with 2 beds, it shows a television on the dresser. There is NOT a television in this room.
3. The website states that shampoo is provided – it was not provided, we had to go buy some.
4. The website also states that bath soap is provided. There was a bottle of shower gel provided, but was maybe only 1/8 full, we had to purchase some of this, too.
5. The website states that toilet paper is provided. For a group of 9 of us, staying here for a week, the three rolls of toilet paper that was provided was NOT enough, we had to purchase more TP also.
6. The driveway is VERY steep. I drive a SUV, and it scraped each time I went in and out of the driveway. There is very little room to turn a vehicle around once at the bottom (we had two vehicles).
7. Two ceiling lights were not working, one in the dining area, making us eat in the dark each evening, and the other was the ceiling light in the bathroom, which was dark to take a shower since the shower curtain is a dark brown in color.
8. The website stated that wifi was provided. I confirmed the password once arrived at cabin, and the password did not work for any of us. There was NO free wifi. I had taken my work laptop with me to work from the cabin, but unfortunately I was not able to do so due to the lack of wifi provided.
9. There was an ant problem in the kitchen, we purchased ant poison to put out, which seemed to help some.
10. The website states that a hair dryer was provided. This was NOT provided. I’m glad a family member brought one that I could borrow.

Pros:
1. This was located very close to the main strip, so it is near lots of shops and restaurants.
2. It is on the end of the driveway, so we had a lot of privacy to sit in our back deck.
3. Easy access to the dock, made it easy for us to go fishing.
4. Iguana (boat rental) is next door, we could walk there to rent a boat or jet skis.

Although there are many more cons to this, I would stay here again. You just need to be prepared to bring items that they state they provide, because they do not provide them, which costs you much more.

Bathroom cleanliness
Liked best: Private location, but very close to the main strip of shops & restaurants.
Liked least: Things we planned on being provided was NOT rpovided, which costed us much more. Did not like the snake that greeted us on our front step one morning, either! Yuck!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
10 Jul 2015
Thank you for your feedback and we will purchase new crockpot, hair dryer, and ensure housekeeping is replacing the bath soaps. So sorry about the wifi. We have had so many storms and lighting took out the router and we have it replaced. Please come back and visit us again, and we would like to offer you a 100% postive stay! Again, we enjoy having guests stay with us and customer services is very important to us.
Hope to see you soon!

Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
IL
Reviewed 27 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Dminnito
Lockport, Illinois
“Nice!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

Clean newer very nice cabin, right next to iguana water rentals and the staff was very nice. It was advertised with board games for kids and there weren't,the entry way was a bit steep to get in and out, we have a truck no problem for me but my wife would not drive. There was a nice large deck to fish off of for the kids, the cabin it self I loved and we had a fantastic time the town was close and everything needed was close, my only complaint would be it is at mile marker zero by boat to go anywhere it was at least a 20 minute to hour ride (by pontoon) the lake is so massive. It was our first time to the Ozarks and we had a blast, we will be coming back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Very nice clean spacious cabin
Liked least: location
Travelling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
MO
Reviewed 2 April 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing