“Loved the oysters!”
Review of Firewood Bar B Q

Firewood Bar B Q
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Lithia
Reviewed 22 January 2018

I just happened to see this place off of Lithia-Pinecrest while heading into Lithia from Valrico. I didn't even know it was there. It was the seafood and oysters sign that got my attention.

I wanted to try the raw oysters, but I got sidetracked when I saw that they also prepare Oysters Rockefeller. We placed an order for a dozen of them. My mother got the sampler (ribs, brisket and sliced pork). I got the fish of the day, which happened to be cobia. It turned out to be a pretty good meal. The oysters were wood grilled as well as the cobia. Both were very good. I would have liked to see a bit more seasoning on the fish. I liked that there was just a hint of smokiness, and that it didn't overpower the taste of the fish. So many places overdo it. The oysters were perfect. We absolutely loved them! The BBQ meat sampler was good. I liked the sliced pork the best. The ribs were pretty average. I say that because there wasn't anything about them that particularly stood out. I've had better ribs in the area. The sides were pretty average as well. I had the sweet potato & green beans. Mom had the baked beans and cole slaw. Everything tasted good. I just didn't get the same wow factor that I got from the oysters. I didn't get to try any of the BBQ sauces. It might have made a difference in the overall taste of the smoked meats. I'll do that next time.

We'll definitely go back to try other menu items. I really want to try the raw oysters, grilled shrimp, and zucchini fries. Actually, there are many other things that I want to try. I also want to say that the service was excellent. Everyone was very friendly. The restaurant is clean. The atmosphere was also very nice & country. We liked seeing all the cowboy memorabilia. Mom liked the John Wayne photos. Oh, and there were quite a few people there for dinner on a Friday night. It's definitely on my list of places to go now when I'm in the mood for fresh & tasty oysters.

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

We had a late supper. It was excellent. I had a sampler plate wit brisket, pulled pork, and ribs. All three were seasoned and cooked to perfection. My wife had a small pulled chicken sandwich. It large and delicious. A very pleasurable experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We moved to the area 1 year ago and have been to this place 3 times (2 for dinner and 1 for lunch). Edible bordering on Not good sums it up. There is a reason why there is rarely anyone in there I don't know how these people stay in business..

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been to Firewood BBQ several times. The restaurant is clean and the staff is friendly. We usually order one of their combos to share and still have food left over.

The BBQ is amazing. The side dishes are average. Overall, I highly recommend visiting this establishment.

The photo is of combo #5. Combos come with two sides and two slices of Texas toast.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Tried this place for lunch, service was friendly and welcoming but food was poor. Pork had an overly strong bitter smoke taste to it, maybe wrong wood was used I don't know, but I have had great BBQ many times and was not a fan here. The sides were slightly below average, nothing to write home about.