“Great local restaurant”
Review of Firewood Bar B Q

Firewood Bar B Q
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Lithia
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I have been to Firewood BBQ several times. The restaurant is clean and the staff is friendly. We usually order one of their combos to share and still have food left over.

The BBQ is amazing. The side dishes are average. Overall, I highly recommend visiting this establishment.

The photo is of combo #5. Combos come with two sides and two slices of Texas toast.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Tried this place for lunch, service was friendly and welcoming but food was poor. Pork had an overly strong bitter smoke taste to it, maybe wrong wood was used I don't know, but I have had great BBQ many times and was not a fan here. The sides were slightly below average, nothing to write home about.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

Waited 45 for food while people who came in after us were served. Our waitress was very sweet and it definitely wasnt her fault..she was the only waitress there! We finally went to pay for our 2 teas and get out of there and they said youre leaving..yep..cant get our food! And they took our money for our drinks!! We werent even there at a peak time! This place really bites! Wont be back and will tell EVERYONE about our experience !!!!!!!

Reviewed 18 February 2017

I have to admit, I usually skipped over this place because it just didn't have that roadside appeal. I shouldn't have been so quick to judge. As a native of New England, the area of Lithia I live in you'd never know you were in the South. The majority of the restaurants we frequent, we're closer to Brandon or Tampa and the same thing applies - everyone seems to be a transplant. However, if you venture 5-10 minutes to the other side of Lithia, you will discover this beauty. It is like Southern hospitality at its best. As others constantly mention, waitstaff are very attentive and friendly, prices are affordable and what else is there to say - it's just plain comfort food. I love the smell and taste of smoke their chicken has, without overdoing it of course. This place puts those chain BBQ places to shame. We recently got a whole chicken to-go and it made for a fantastic, smokey bbq chicken dinner at home as well. We will definitely be back and hope more people try this place-we need more non-chain restaurants in our area and I look forward to trying their breakfast soon as well!

Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

We decided to stop here, because we have driven by so many times. The food was really good, the portions were great! It was nice not having oversized portions!! I wish more places where like this! I had the chopped pork sandwich, and my husband had the pork spare rib sandwich, and loved it! My only complaint is that it's a little pricey.

Been to Firewood Bar B Q? Share your experiences!