“Great value for crab legs”

Riggin's Crab House
Ranked #6 of 64 Restaurants in Lantana
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 August 2016

On a recent trip to Florida we went in search of crab legs. I remember going to Riggins as a kid and so we gave it a try. I'm glad we did! It's great value for the quality and quantity that you get. The peel and eat shrimp are good, too. We will be back on our next trip!!

Reviewed 6 August 2016

I have been going to Riggins since I was a youngster and have always had the best garlic crabs when there is the past. However, after a long while having not been to Riggins we decided it was time to return to one of our "go to" restaurants for a good time and nice meal. Wow is all I can say.

The place is absolutely filthy! I do not believe they have changed anything in the place in over 20 years! It was dark, sticky and just plain out dated. Our service was decent but the price we paid for the quality and quantity of food was not worth it.

Our food was was ordered and at the table very quickly..not enough time to have been freshly cooked and it showed. Over $30 for 1 crab and a half platter of rice and three overcooked $15 fish & chips - minus the chips... We could have gotten better buying frozen and putting in toaster..really?!

To top the evening off we were both ill within an hour of reluctantly paying and leaving this hole in the wall place.

I rarely write negative reviews but this really is a no-brainier....my advice..spend a little more money and take a ride to The Rustic Inn!

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

This place is good old fashioned crab shack. Very good crabs and a great atmosphere. I old highly recommend this place for the family. Prepare to get dirty. Lol

Reviewed 28 July 2016

We were here for lunch, and now I understand some of the "below par" reviews.
This place is quite pricy, but the food quality does not match the high price tag. I had the crab legs which were mediocre at the best and my wife had the lobster tails which were bland tasting and dry from overheating. The service was slow, but acceptable. We were served a hefty bill and left with a feeling that this was a waste of time and money

Reviewed 27 July 2016

My dish was served to me already cold ( I think it was called Pacific Bake.)
It tasted good but for $31, I think I deserved a warm meal. I'm pretty sure our server forgot to go get my meal when it was ready which is why it was served cold. Basically, it all boils down to inattentive service. We watched another waiter explain and recommend dishes, he gave them a mini lesson on cracking the crabs using a knife and hammer and we were left disappointed with our bad luck in servers. I would skip this one if I were you.

Been to Riggin's Crab House? Share your experiences!