“Tasty Ribs”
Review of Sonny's BBQ

Sonny's BBQ
Ranked #144 of 510 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Sonny's BBQ of Lakeland. Southern BBQ at its finest. Slow-smoking favorites like pulled pork, ribs, brisket since 1968.
Reviewed 23 September 2015 via mobile

I havent had ribs like the ones serve to me at sonny's. The staff was friendly and attentive with us and the place was not too crowded. The time wait for our food was about right and all of it was hot as I like to expect. I will need definetly come back for more ribs to this place.

Reviewed 8 September 2015

Sonny's is dependable. The menu is the same everywhere and the food quality pretty good. This restaurant has a waitress that is most unusual.
Darlene will tell you how to place your order so as to get the most value and best food items. Just tell her what you think you would like and answer a few questions and she will suggest the best solution at the lowest price. She is delightful and enjoyable. Be sure to ask for her. I would wait for a seat in her section.

Reviewed 10 July 2015

They do have good food, but needs uupdating. The carpet needs to be replaced, and there are daddy longleg spiders everywhere! BBQ is good, atmosphere and decor needs updating.The north Lakeland Sonny's is much cleaner.

Reviewed 18 May 2015

I've commented on this issue before over the past year or so. I am always a little disappointed that my comments haven't been heeded. While the food is always good, hot and very tasty and the servers are always really efficient and nice. But it is the cleanliness of the salad bar and the women's bathroom that continues to disturb me. I enjoy the salad bar, so tasty but I refrain from ordering it because it always is messy with serving handles laying in the product, just overall unappetizing. The salad bar reminds me of a 1960's version of a salad bar before we knew better about food hygiene. There needs to be a splatter shield and cleaner presentation of items than using short service utensils into old fashioned deep bowls for condiments. So the utensils end up laying in the salad condiments. The women's bathroom needs a heavy duty cleaning and updating. And then the bathroom needs to have hourly checks for cleanliness. Last time I was at this restaurant the soap container was broken and women had to reach into the soap container to dip out soap into our hands. Ugh.... and to think those same women's hands are touching the salad bar serving utensils and setting those utensils into the condiments....ugh again! Such good food, such good servers....just please heed my comments for the salad bar and bathroom and I'd be a much happier customer. Thanks!

Reviewed 15 March 2015

Four of us ate on Mar 14th. Drinks and food came to the table fairly quickly. The regular BBQ'd ribs were very good. We liked the slaw. I thought the French fries could have been at least warm. Quite a bit of attention from wait staff. Good experience.