“It’s a Bonefish ”

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #49 of 493 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Another major corporate chain restaurant in our city with no listing on your site.
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Had dinner with a group. Promptly greeted and seated. Standard (but good) Bonefish menu. Several new drinks available. The Old Fashioned was quite good. Food was it’s usual good quality and ample portions. Service was generally adequate. This is a chain restaurant so is nothing unique, but very good and always a safe choice.

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Visiting from UK. Exeptinonal customer service, food delicious, with good veriety of fish to choose from. The staff kindly ordered our taxi, which didn't turn up. They then sorted out an Uber cab for us and paid for it! Absolutely outstanding. A huge thank you for helping two out of towners back to our hotel. Lovely restaurant, good food and brilliant staff. Would highly recommend it. Thanks again.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

The good news is that the food is mainly OK. The bad news is that the service (apart from the initial welcome at the door) is pretentious and inattentive.

The appetisers were excellent (Thai Coconut Shrimp, Wagyu Beef + Ginger Potstickers & Calamari) - the main not so much, the seared ahi tuna was average and the gratin of potatoes undercooked. The bottle of wine was 'presented' (their term) with some faux flourish that was cringeworthy, and the waiter preferred to recite his suggestions script rather than actually LISTEN. We had to ask for the menus back to order mains as he 'assumed' we wouldn't want any - seriously?

The main issue however is that this place is a bit too far up its own backside, it would be great if the focus was on genuinely friendly, knowledgeable and enthusiastic service instead!

1  Thank ians2008
Reviewed 16 February 2018

Partner and I selected this restaurant as she had been there often with excellent results. I've never written a review when I've visited someplace on a major "go out to eat" holiday but thought this might lend some help to others.
This place was mobbed. Wait time was over an hour, food service was very slow (I think our order got lost in the kitchen), and overall time spent for dinner was nearly 3 hours (even though we had basic items)
That was the aw-shucks part of the review.
On the positive side, when we first arrived, I interrupted one of the wait staff mid stride and asked if she could help with a couple glasses of wine as we waited outside "absolutely! I have that brought right out to you" First Atta-boy". Once seated, we were greeted immediately and offered another wine (which we accepted of course) and soon had some great bread and flavored dipping oil to nosh on while we waited. Eventually, our order arrived and was delicious. Really recommend the Ahi Tuna appetizer - very interesting sauce. The Cobb's Salad was humongous, and was filled with lots of variety, crab, hard boiled egg, bacon, cheese(s), cherry tomatoes (you get the idea). Everything was great.
CAUTION - please don't go there if you have an appointment after - everything seems to be geared to a slow and easy dinner. Which we thoroughly enjoyed. If I go back on a non holiday evening, I'll be sure to write another review - would be an interesting comparison

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Wednesday are my wife and my favorite day to visit Bone Fish because of the discounted Bang Bang Shrimp which my wife normally gets as a meal with a side. This last visit was confusing, I had a free order of Bang Bang Shrimp birthday offer thru email, We had a 10 dollar bonus card for a previous gift card purchase. The manger said we could not use the free offer if we also ordered another BB Shrimp, nor could we use the 10 dollar bonus card. So it boiled down to getting the discounted BB shrimp or getting a free order of BB shrimp or using the 10 dollar bonus card. I opted t use the card since it would be expiring soon. But I still don't understand why we couldn't order the BB Shrimp at the discounted price and use my free birthday offer. Makes no sense whatsoever. guess they set these rules so they can guarantee repeat customers. The end result was BB shrimp for my wife, shrimp and scallops for me and 10 dollars off. Food as always is very good, shrimp are big compared to other establishments, the scallops are a tad small and not too flavorful but good all the same.