All reviews full kitchen homey place front desk queen studio outdoor mall hot tub an extended stay walking distance extra towels oatmeal fresh fruit sitting area the maintenance man other hotels in the area morning breakfast location is great free breakfast
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our room was quite large, very clean (yay!!!) and comfortable. We were very pleased. The staff members are very friendly and helpful. Tuesday was great in helping me secure my reservation, which had become confusing! Thanks to her, we had a very nice stay. We would stay there, again.

Room Tip: We recommend this hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
CourtyardLakelandGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Residence Inn Lakeland.
With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations.
Thank you for staying at the Residence Inn Lakeland and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Lakeland.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Was here with my mom while she was in Lakeland on business. She stayed for 2 and a half weeks in July while attending training classes for her new job. She was able to get to know some of the staff very well during her stay and they were very kind to both of us, even handling some mail that needed to go out as well as arranging for me to arrive late at night so that she did not have to leave the room and come outside to meet me and lose sleep.

We had a one bedroom suite which was very nice for sleeping arrangements - she took the bedroom and I slept out on the pull out bed. The pull out bed was, well a pull out bed but anything is comfortable when it's 3am and you've just flown from LAX to Orlando and then had an hour drive afterwards. The dining room table was nice for two people to play cards at while enjoying coffee. The space was nice for preparing and packing lunches to take during the day while in the classes, and it was nice to get back and have the dishes and towels done each day. The room was very well air conditioned. On one of the days, during a rainstorm, it got pretty cold in the room. I turned up the heat thinking I'd run it for about 10 minutes and forgot how heating and air conditioning works in the south. Southerners usually don't have to touch the heat for about 5-6 months at a time. I live in Southern California, where it's dry for about 7 or 8 months and sometimes pretty hot but then sometimes it feels cold at night as there's not a lot of moisture and foliage to hold in the heat. So, I'm constantly switching between the heat and the cold according to comfort. As a result of southerners not touching their heat, it sits dormant for some time and then when it does come back on, produces a burning smell. Well, this burning smell showed up and immediately set off the smoke detectors in our room. I killed it and opened some windows and just ran the fan with the climate control equipment off. Fortunately the smoke detector quit within 15 seconds, but gave me quite a start. Moral of the story - if you get cold in Florida in July, don't be a diva and run the heat. Just put on a jacket. Funny story I tell people now, so thought I'd share it with the Tripadvisor crew.

The breakfast area was well equipped. I skipped it one morning, but did enjoy it on the others. They serve it on real dinner and glassware during the week and use disposable dishes on the weekends. Not sure why that is - maybe there's more families with small kids on the weekend and they were having too many dishes broken? I didn't use the pool but my mom took her books out there some days and did enjoy it. The side entrances require a key card to open. Wouldn't be a big deal, but it usually takes 3 or 4 tries to trigger the reader to unlock the door. A few times I just gave up and walked all the way around to go through the front entrance. The side door readers definitely need to be replaced. The actual entrance to the property is a bit hard to find too. You'll need to enter on the Courtyard driveway and then instead of turning into the Courtyard's lot, continue on back where you'll finally see the Residence's drive. Lakeland building codes must not allow large signs or something, as the signs are very little.

Definitely would recommend this hotel, especially for people staying for a long time. We might be back next year, if my mom elects to go to this area again for training!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
CourtyardLakelandGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We needed a place to stay until our new house was completed and the staff at Residence Inn Lakeland made the transition easy. We recommend this property for long or short stays as the staff were terrific.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 July 2018

First, we called to confirm the suite could accommodate a family with 7 kids. We were up in the air about whether we would head to Lakeland or not. The customer service on the first phone call sealed the deal. Not only did they go above and beyond to make sure we would all be comfortable with NO extra charge, but the price over the phone was actually cheaper than online. All staff treated us like family. We found ourselves chatting with the staff every encounter because they were so attentive. Our kids range from 1 years old to 15. And EVERYONE had a blast. The pool was clean. It was small but had no crowd. The basketball court was a wonderful surprise! The lobby was large and offered plenty of space for us all to eat take out and hang when we wanted to get out of the room. The room had all the amenities and the kitchen had everything we needed to cook meals. We left for breakfast the first day in a hurry and came back to a spotless room. Floors were cleaned. Even the pullout and roll-away bed (that we got with no charge) were made, along with the other beds. They let us check out a little later (2pm) again with no extra charge so we could enjoy the pool a little longer and still have a room to head back up to to change. They had games on hand for us to borrow. We could walk to a beautiful outlet mall, restaurants, and more. The options were endless. We miss the people we met already and feel like we have found our place of escape. We stay in Lakeland at least once a year and this has been our best experience yet!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
CourtyardLakelandGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I really enjoy staying at Residence Inn; however, management should not allow employs to start putting up breakfast or to pack up their own to-go containers 30 minutes before breakfast end time for paying customers.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
CourtyardLakelandGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Lakeland, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Our hope is that all our guests experience a peaceful environment during their stay. That said, it was brought to my attention that your stay was not up to yours, or our standards. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will take the necessary steps to ensure this is an isolated incidence.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to serving you again whenever your travels bring you back to Lakeland.