“Very good pan-Asian”

Spice Thai
Ranked #42 of 481 Restaurants in Lakeland
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 21 March 2017

Very conveniently located at S. Florida and the 570 Tollway.
There is a stand-alone sushi bar that provides a wide range of sushi and sashimi. The nigiri is always made fresh to order as are the rolls. The location utilizes local ingredients like fresh mango is some of the items, so some rolls may not be available at all times of the year (e.g. Mango Mania).
Lunch time is a phenomenal value with soup, spring roll and main dish.
There are a wide range of dishes so most can find something that they can like, and everything can be spiced according to taste (mild, medium, hot, Thai hot).
I personally gravitate to the pad thai and the yellow curry (very similar to massamun). Both are done nicely, and are good portions (ask for extra lime for the pad thai).
I have only had one incident where the green curry was so-so, but all other occasions things have been outstanding.
The green tea is good, beer selections include Sapporo, Kirin, and Tsingtao; and soft drinks are available.
Very good food, great value at lunch.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Went on a Sunday evening with family. First impression was that the restaurant was very cold. All of us thought so. Waiter took a little time getting to us for drink orders, and a little time getting us the drinks, but not bad. Decor as contemporary Asian, not sure why tv had sports, hockey of all things, on. Portions were good sized. Green and red curries were flavorful lots of meat and veggies, although I have had better. Pad Thai was good as well. Bill was very reasonable. Overall, definitely good, but not great. I would go back for sure.

Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

The food is delicious. There were 5 of us. Not one of us ordered something we did not like. The sushi, nigiri, and curry meals were all delicious. I personally had the pineapple fried rice with chicken and 2 pieces of yellow tail sashimi. The only complaint is there service. Although friendly, very slow. Took forever to take our order, bring drinks, etc. but, the food was worth the wait!

Reviewed 16 February 2017

From Thai curries to sushi, you can get a little bit of many different Asian countries gastronomical delight. This is our family favorite place.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

It was right before 1pm and the placed was busy. I waited a brief moment to be recognized before she cleared a booth and directed to be seated. They had a lunch and dinner menu. It was very well explained on the menu how to order your food and what came with your food. I had never been there before and was meeting a friend. We received excellent service and I never felt rushed. The food was not spicy, which was my concern. It reminded me more of Chinese food. I had the sweet and sour shrimp. It came with soup, a spring roll and white rice. Mine lunch cost for that was $7.99. They do not refill tea but there is refills on sodas. I had water. This is a definite place to visit. It's small and quaint.