“Good food. Friendly staff”
Review of Shane's Rib Shack - CLOSED

Shane's Rib Shack
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I had the lunch special. I had to ask if they were open because there was literally nobody in the place when I walked in! After I was seated, people did start to come in, but this was around 2:30PM so it was a late lunch.

The food was good. My lunch special came with 5 ribs and 2 sides. I had the cole slaw and potato salad.

The ribs were not as hot as I liked, but they were good. My main complaint is that I like BBQ Sauce that makes my nose run and my eyes water. They didn't have anything that hot, but that's ok. I'm a glutton for punishment when it comes to good ribs and hot sauce.

The cole slaw and potato salad were very good.

I would eat here again and do recommend it to others.

Reviewed 28 August 2011

Visited a few times, but think it's average. In my opinion, this is way better than Rib Crib.

1  Thank haiwaiinbreezes
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Good for lunch with plenty of shopping locations and movies within walking distance

1  Thank supermanfl
Reviewed 19 March 2010

When Shane's announced thier come back to Lakeland, FL, the whole town became very excited. Upon hearing of the "soft grand opening", I quickly made my 10 minute drive to Lakeside Village. The line was not long at all, and the cashier was very helpful and nice. She truly looked like she loved her job. (good job danielle).
Prior to my meal, servers were walking around offering samples of peach cobbler. That was sincerly the best peach cobbler I have ever tasted, truly put my grandmother's recipe to shame.
My consisted of chicken tender sandwich with Buff-Q sauce, Shane's version of buffalo sauce. My side was the best mad-n-cheese you could possibly digest. On top of that, the waitress was constiantly helping me out, and refilling my drinks, which was a good thing, it's nice to see your waitress/waitor every once and awhile.
All in all, my meal was truly excellent and the service was beyond helpful.
Great staff, Great food, Great atmosphere.

1  Thank gobulls0402