“Wonderful find”

Clary's Corner Cafe
Ranked #12 of 297 Restaurants in Lake Worth
Price range: US$1 - US$8
Description: Breakfast & Lunch and so much more.
Description: Breakfast & Lunch and so much more.
Reviewed 12 April 2017

This place was not easy to find. The red door on the side of the building was the entrance for non-residents of the building the restaurant is in. But its well worth finding.

After finding the entrance(which is the delivery entrance) you walk into the back end of the kitchen. Immediately a smiling face pointing out that your in the right place. Just keep walking.

I was immediately stuck at how clean an well kept the back room was. The path led us right by the stove and the chef who was also smiling and welcoming. Then you are hit with the smells of breakfast and finally walking into the dining area. Beautifully decorated and warm.

Waitperson was there in an instant. Coffee? Yes. And the coffee was great. No surprise that our breakfast was served promptly.

Can't say enough good things about Clary's Corner Cafe.

Put it on you breakfast bucket list. You won't be disappointed.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank idopaper

Reviewed 19 March 2017

This hole-in-the-wall in the side of an apartment building is not easy to find. There are no oustside signs marking the place. You enter via a side door (it does have "Clary's" painted on it) and walk through the pantry to get to a decidedly modest dining room.

Julia would not approve of the omelets (a tad overcooked), or probably anything else on this artery-clogging Southern coffee shop menu. BUT, what fun to have breakfast there! I had a ham and cheese omelet, hash brown potato casserole (a sort of Southern latke), an amazingly light banana bread, juice, rye bread and bottomless coffee. $12 plus tip. A guy next to me had only a gargantuan sticky bun.

The friendliness of the small staff was mood altering in a most pleasant way.

Service is slow, because there's only one guy at the griddle; but, his almost balletic management of his small workspace was fun to watch. Vicki will keep your coffee topped up while you wait.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not talking haute cuisine here-far from it. But, as coffee shops go, Clary's is one of the best.

Closed Sundays and Mondays.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank schvitzNewYorkCity
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

I was in the area on business and needed some take out. I called ahead and ordered one of the days specials, a pastrami-hash-skillet.
The woman I spoke with on the phone, Carol, was pleasant. I was told that the food would be ready in 10 minutes. She gave me directions, and I still missed it!
This place is inside the green Lake Worth Tower building in the south west corner, just off B street marked by a red door on the west side. The interior is unexpected as a homey diner, with a coffee-house vibe.
The food was waiting, but still quite warm in a styrofoam clam-shell. It was given to me in a bag with plastic-ware and a packet of salt and pepper.
I was pleased that the eggs were cooked to my specs and the rest was tasty, though a bit under seasoned. I'm guessing that this is because they have some older clientele that may need to watch the salt intake, but explains the included salt packet.
There were many specials on the board, and they told me that they would be posted on Facebook.
This place is a hidden little gem of a diner in an unexpected location worth finding.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Went there with three friends for a late breakfast on a Saturday morning. Everyone ordered something different, one had pancakes, one French toast, one had a BLT and one had an omelet. All of us raved about the quality of the food. The service was wonderful: friendly, efficient, helpful. Clary's isn't a place to go if you're into linen tablecloths, but I have rarely had such a great food experience.

Date of visit: February 2017
1  Thank emarx
Reviewed 23 January 2017 via mobile

Finally got back to this little hideaway, brought a friend thus time, he had the omg enchiladas and the biscuits & gravy, the best breakfast enchiladas by far, I had the crab cake benidicts, crab cakes were amazing, no fillers, lots of sausage in the gravy, it's still so cool to enter a restaurant through the kitchen, can't beat the price either.

Date of visit: January 2017