“Nice classy intimate establishment”
Review of Pelican Cafe

Pelican Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Pelican Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Lake Park
Price range: US$25 - US$75
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: "Where Nantucket Meets The FL Keys" Open Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Live Music, Pet-Friendly Covered Pa. Owners Mark Frangione & Karen Howe from Greenwich, CT understand what great dining is all about. Mark is a Navy Veteran and has a passion for great food and customer hospitality. Some of the dishes on the menu were inspired by his Italian upbringing; "Try Mom Frangione’s Sunday Gravy for a taste of Italia’. Proud Owners - Mark Frangione & Karen Howe The restaurant was built by Mr. Harry Seymour Kelsey the founder of Lake Park, FL in the 1920's. Kelsey had owned restaurants, bakeries and a farm and then sold his restaurant enterprise to Waldorf Hotel System. The Pelican Cafe was built in the 1930's as one of Mr. Kelsey's guest homes. The Park across the street from the Pelican Cafe is named in Mr. Kelsey's honor. We are delighted to carry on his legacy with excellence in food and service.
Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

First off the servers were very friendly, informative and efficient. We actually had the opportunity to meet the owner who is very personable and described his vision of what he and his wife desired to create here. I can say they have succeeded on all counts. He obviously keeps a sharp eye on how things are done. As to our meals I ordered the crab cake as an appetizer. I am usually very disappointed in crab cakes but I thought I'd give it a try. I'm glad I did. That was one of the very best crab cakes I have ever had in my life. Very tastefully prepared large lumps of crab. My entree was the short ribs. So tender I could cut it with my fork. Very flavorful as well. My wife ordered the grouper that was prepared in a delicious sauce. Our dessert was an indescribably light chocolate cake filled and topped with a light and tasty whipped topping. All said - well done! This is not the place to go for the average meal. If you're looking for something special this is the place. A+

1  Thank Thud57
khowe, Owner at Pelican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words we do try hard and it's nice to be recognized we appreciate your support Mark Karen and the Pelican team

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

I have been multiple times with friends and family. Brunch is outstanding, and the atmosphere is great. Sometimes the service is a little off, but is always compensated by everything else! The pancakes are wonderful!!!

khowe, Owner at Pelican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Thank you for your kind words and comments we do strive for excellence with food quality and service will continue to work towards making every experience consistently the best

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Server seemed very distracted, and it wasn't even busy. It took forever just to order food. I heard great things about the shrimp scampi pizza, but was not impressed by it. Salad was good. Home made donuts they gave while we waited were good. Cute little place, but I probably won't be back.

khowe, Owner at Pelican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Ashley I'm so sorry for the slow service it does happen on occasion that a server will be distracted by another table or two we hope you'll give us another try thank you

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

My wife & I visited on Mothers Day 2017. We had reservations and arrive about 10 mins early. We were immediately seated in a corner table in a very crowded side room. The service was suburb. Various employees took the order, delivered the entrees, and bused the tables. My wife ordered an egg dish and I ordered regular Eggs Benedict. Both items were excellant. This place has a lot of class and is a go to place for for many high end diners on this important date. Highly recommend a visit on big holidays. Not your typical breakfast joint. They also served Mimosas and Bloody Mary's.

Karen H, Owner at Pelican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2017

THANK YOU for the kind words and your support! Best Regards, Mark, Karen & Pelican Team

Reviewed 13 May 2017

We decided to try Pelican Cafe for breakfast and were not disappointed. We liked it so much, my husband, who is strictly a t-shirt and swimming trunks kind of guy, is willing to throw on a collared shirt for dinner.

Breakfast included Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict. They use Pierre's smoked salmon, if you haven't had it, you are missing out. It's the best smoked salmon we have ever tasted.
Also, the Crab Cake Eggs Benedict was so good, the plate was clean when it was promptly bussed from the table.

Coffee was fresh, hot, and tasted great, too.

Service was fantastic!