“Excellent food and atmosphere for dinner”
Review of FishBones

FishBones
Reserve with OpenTable
FishBones is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 164 Restaurants in Lake Mary
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: International Parkway
Description: FishBones is a modern seafood, sushi and steak restaurant offering the freshest, just-caught seafood flown in daily, aged steaks cooked over a 1200° Florida citrus and oak wood fire and a 23-hour slow roasted prime rib. Our distinctive menu features steaks which are USDA Prime & Choice grain-fed beef and a fabulous raw bar that creates the freshest and most uniquely presented sushi. FishBones’ seafood selections include two-pound Australian lobster tails, fresh Florida stone crab (in season) and hand breaded colossal shrimp. A local favorite, FishBones has been awarded the Best Seafood Restaurant in Seminole County since 2006. Whether it’s inside or outdoors on the patio, FishBones’ upscale service and Key West inspired atmosphere provides the perfect dining experience for any occasion!
Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

From appetizers to dessert, the food is exceptional. Appetzers - shrimp, chips with blue cheese, artichokes... House salad ... Entrees - salmon, filet, pasta ... Sides - asparagus, garlic mashed potatoes, etc. ... Any dessert. Don’t confuse this fine dining restaurant with another with a similar name. Atmosphere here is as wonderful as the food.

Date of visit: October 2018
TOTTRestaurants, Public Relations Manager at FishBones, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

We're thrilled to hear that your experience with us was exceptional! ! Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 13 October 2018 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised when my family took me to Fishbones to celebrate my birthday. Larry, our server, went above and beyond the call of duty to enjoy every one of us had exactly what we wanted for dinner. The food was spectacular and the service was even better. It made for a wonderful birthday dinner. Larry even helped me get my daughter to try gator for the first time...

Date of visit: October 2018

Thank you for this excellent review, and happy birthday! We will share your feedback with Larry and the entire team at FishBones!

Reviewed 28 September 2018

My husband and I went to go to Fishbones tonight, 9/28/18, and it was about 6:00. There were probably at least 20 open tables. She told us that she couldn't seat us because she had reservations coming, but then proceeded to tell us she could get us in at 6:45. They need to train this girl because she obviously had no idea how to run tables. We would have been in and out of there I'm sure before all those tables were taken. This is just very poor service. She then told us she could seat us on the patio and the patio was full. Not only that, but she doesn't even go out to look on the patio. Instead my husband had to go out and check to see if there was availability. She had a attitude about her and definitely seemed lazy. For a restaurant that is supposed to be a little bit more upscale I would say they need to put someone in the front when you check in that represents them better. Needless to say we left and won't be coming back after the way we were treated.

1  Thank SPF12
TOTTRestaurants, Public Relations Manager at FishBones, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

We sincerely apologize for your experience and would like to have our Operating Partner contact you personally. When you have a moment, please email this information to Michael Venutolo at mvenutolo@tottrg.com. Thank you in advance, and again our apologies.

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Very disappointed at the service I received.
I have done several private events here and this past experience did not meet expectations. After spending over $1000 they wouldn’t give me a copy of the bill even after they asked me to sign for it twice. The only saving grace was the food was spectacular.

Date of visit: September 2018
TOTTRestaurants, Public Relations Manager at FishBones, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

We sincerely apologize for your experience and would like to have our Operating Partner fix this issue. When you have a moment, please email this information to Michael Venutolo at mvenutolo@tottrg.com so he can contact you personally. Thank you in advance, and again our apologies.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

I had previously complained,as the service was lacking on a particular visit. I am sure that I was not a pleasure to deal with as I complained about how solid customer service is frequently the exception in most restaurants. Despite my prior complaints, the same manager checked in with us and presented us with a sampling from the chef during this visit. It was a very nice gesture in light of my past complaints. I was very impressed with how he conducted himself. We love the happy hour here and the spacious patio (especially when there is entertainment). Between the impressive aquariums, outdoor water feature, tiki torches, landscaping and well appointed “old Key West” decor, I typically feel like I am on vacation here rather than a local. The restaurant also participates frequently charitable endeavors. I truly feel fortunate to have this establishment so close to home.

Date of visit: September 2018
TOTTRestaurants, Public Relations Manager at FishBones, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Jacqueline - we sincerely appreciate your loyalty and giving us another chance. We strive for excellence and welcome feedback to make sure we meet this high standard! We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to FishBones? Share your experiences!