“Love Their Stromboli”

Takis Greek Italian Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 70 Restaurants in Lady Lake
Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Reviewed 7 December 2017

We liked that Takis was able to seat our group of 11 with a reservation. Drink orders came quickly and the restaurant was not as noisy as many are. The chicken souvlaki salad was average- no problem. The enormous stromboli, however, was stuffed with meat and delicious. It warmed up nicely and fed two the following night.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Walked in and were seated right away at a high top right by the bar. We knew it might be a rough night when we saw the people behind the bar arguing about how they didn't have time to help each other. Next we saw a poor employee ripping through the pages of some book while asking other employees if they knew how to make a specific drink. The poor hostess finally came over and took our drink order (water for now, please). We told her we were ready to order and she said our waitress would be with us momentarily. The waitress came to the table next to us TWICE but wouldn't even look our way. Another employee walked within one foot of our table and again, totally ignored us but stopped to schmooze at the table next to us. We drank the water and left after waiting 20 minutes. I love Takis for take-out so this experience was totally a bummer.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

My husband and I decided to take a break from our busy day of doctor visits and other errands and have lunch at Takis. First things that stuck me to be odd was that when we entered there was no one there to greet us. Then about 2 minutes later a server came around what I assume is the kitchen area and said "just sit where ever, we will be right there". we didn't think much of it, we thought maybe they are still getting things ready for the day. Granted they open at 11am and weI got there at 11:30, and only one other table with customers. Our server got our drink order and dropped them off, and we told her we needed a minute to look over menu.
Then I saw them.....as I put my straw in my glass and stirring it around, two german roaches were floating on top IN the ice. the roaches were frozen, so that means the ice machine is full of these roaches. I showed my server and she replaced it. There was no explanation of why and no option was offered to us to speak to manager or owner, which were both in the restaurant. I'm not even sure that our server even told the manager. I was so disappointed when nothing was done. I barely ate my food in fear that I would be eating roaches.
Takis in lady lake, you should be embarrassed and ashamed. You need to close the doors for a few days to get this roach problem taken care of. I will NEVER walk in takis again. I did also report this Sumter county. this happened 11/09/2017

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I know of 2 locations. One in Summerfield/Lady Lake in front of Lowe's and a newly remodeled one in Leesburg. I prefer the latter because it has a nicer atmosphere.Both serve a broad range of traditional dishes; so many that I usually can't make up my mind as to what I want. Luckily, they have a couple of sampler platters, so I can have a reasonably sized portion of several of my favorites. The prices are quite reasonable as well.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

To say our server KRISTIN was tops would be an understatement, she was all that one could hope for.
The problems came when we (4) started to order off the extensive menu. It seemed that everything (lamb, veal, several deserts) we wanted were not available. I appeared that the Greek Rest. had very little Greek food. The food that I would up with was plentiful but uninspiring. My wife said her pizza was very good.