“Excellent choice for the price”

Seralago Hotel and Suites
Ranked #93 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My friend and I shared a suite for 4 weeks and were very pleased with the personnel and amenities. The pictures shown on the site are a true representation of the rooms. The Vineyard Restaurant was open for a buffet breakfast until 11 a.m., but you could also order from the menu. There are hot & cold small meals in the tuck shop and at the pool-side bar. The decor is slightly out of date, but the personnel are wonderfully cheerful and seem eager to be of service. Any problems you encounter are dealt with immediately.

There are two pools, each of which has a separate hot tub, and one of the pool areas has a children's pool and a playground. There is bus service right outside the front door and additional restaurants are within easy walking distance as are grocery and liquor stores. The free shuttle is a real money saver. There is a very small one-time charge if you have brought a pet and the area is safe, well-lit and has easy access to major thruways, without any of the noise issues usually associated with this. Many of the people I met there have been coming for years and I'll be returning as well.

Room Tip: Adults and older people should stay away from the buildings closest to the children's area becau...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank S C
Write a ReviewReviews (2,807)

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Close to everything I booked on priceline for 29. A night

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 3 March 2012

We booked this hotel through Westjet Vacations, and being that it was a cheap rate, I was not one to complain. We were at the very back of the hotel ( motel), so we had a bit of a back end view...we were not on the pool side, but the rooms were clean and the maid was good, she did have the kids stuffies lined up when we got back at the end of the day...the water made my hair yucky, but that may have just been the FL water. The shuttles in Feb were not at all convenient though, so if you are relying on those, either plan on getting up at 7:30, or be late for the Disney and Universal openings. We had a car, so that was a bonus, as the shuttles left at 8:50 or 10:50, and not a minute later. We arrives to catch a shuttle at 8:51, and it was gone.
The bonus was the fridge and microwave in the room, which you dont get at Disney hotels, as well as the closeness to Walmart ( with a car).
The one thing that bugged me was that being I was a single mom with 2 kids, there was a thin door between me and the adjoining room, which kinda was freaky. The walls are thin...
We didnt go to the front of the hotel at all, so I cant comment on the service or restaurants, it was too far of a walk (15 mins), so we stuck to the back end. The pool was clean, the hot tub was hot, and the pool towels were readily avaliable. All in all, if you can get this for a good price, awesome. It is close to Disney, if you have a car, and safe enough, there are enough restaurants close, and the maids were awesome.
Would I stay there again? Maybe if the deal was good, but I would probably find a cheap flight and get a hotel for $39 once down there.

Room Tip: ask for near the front of the hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank NoraVincent
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I have stayed at Seralago several times and I think that the hotel is great. It is close to the attraction and walking distance to a lot of diners and shops. I don't know what the other people are talking about. I think they are just really picky people. I have stayed at other hotels in Kissimmee and they were really run-down compared to Seralago. Maybe you other people need to stay on the resort at an overpriced hotel to think that you have accomplished something. I mean really you are crying about a door stopper.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank neelesg52
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Upon entering the hotel parking lot it became very apparent the hotel was built in 1973….although part of it is painted to look very cheery. The lobby does not look like a 3-star lobby. However, the little general store and cafeteria was a plus. We did not use the pools or any other amenities that were available as we were only there one night. There is outside entry to the rooms.

I also noticed they had a breakfast buffet for only $7.95 in a restaurant. We did eat at the buffet the morning we checked out and it had the basics…eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, pancakes, fruit, muffins, etc. and it was not too bad. Drinks were extra. We ate on Sunday and apparently on the weekends they don’t offer the a la carte menu…only on week days. However, be aware they automatically add a 18% tip for basically just bringing you drinks. I thought this was a bit much considering we did most of the work being it was a buffet. In fact, we just ordered coffee and she sat two cups and a little pot of coffee on our table so that was the end of her service for us. As mentioned 18% is a bit much for so little service. We did not see anything posted that this was going to happen…just was surprised to see it when we got the ticket.

We got the standard room with two double beds. I was surprised to see there was a small refrigerator and a microwave. Strangely though there was no coffee maker and the only way to get coffee in the morning was to pay for it at the store or order it at the buffet. The room was clean and average. The beds were seemingly old because when we sat on them after entering the room we bounced up and down. We both sank down when lying down and had to sleep in separate beds to avoid really sinking in.

My biggest concern was I would not let my children play in the room because there was a rusty, metal door stop. It looked like some kind of metal piece you would buy at Hope Depot and it was bolted into the floor. The door stop was flat and was even sharp at the edges. I did not notice it until I was right on top of it walking by the door and literally stepped right on it with my shoe! Thank goodness. I am sure if I was barefoot or even in socks I would have cut my foot to the point of needing stitches and maybe even needing shots because as I mentioned it was rusty. Talk about unsafe. We literally put the phone book on top of it so neither of us would accidentally step on it again. Also, it surprised me so much when I stepped on it, I lost my footing and almost fell. Good thing I was not wearing sandals or flip flops!

One plus I will mention though is we saw security everywhere which made us feel safe especially because we did not get back to our hotel room until after midnight. The staff was friendly and when we called the front desk to ask for a luggage rack, it was brought to the room immediately. The location is very close to the major attractions, shopping, and restaurants.

Over all our experience was not horrible but I doubt we would stay there again, definitely not for an extended amount of time, due to the hazard in the room and we can stay in a newer, less tired looking hotel for an equal amount or even cheaper.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple