“Great”
Review of Liki Tiki Village

Liki Tiki Village
Ranked #27 of 155 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 25 January 2007

My family and I stayed at Liki Tiki Village from 01/16-01/21, and I have to say the resort is just spectacular. We stayed in the 400 building which is in need of renovation, but it I have to say, we have no other complaints. We loved the room the minute we walked in. To our right was the very spacious bathroom; through a sliding door were the Jacuzzi; another sink and washer and dryer with a spacious closet. The master bedroom was very spacious with an entrance to the patio. The full kitchen had everything they said and more, and we saved a lot of money on eating out and just bought stuff to make from the publix which is about 1 minute away from the resort. We loved the dining area, and living room which also led to the patio. My daughter enjoyed the patio a lot because it overlooked one of the three pools, spa, fitness center and she was excited to be feeding the ducks every morning as they visited our window expecting bread. That is just the room. The resort amenities are great just too bad it was not warmer to fully enjoy them. Whatever you see on the websites about the water parks, bar, playgrounds etc.... it’s all true! Our stay was an absolute joy and money saver. You can spend the day there as opposed to going to Wet N Wild, Busch Gardens, and Disney etc... It is located on US 192 which connects you to all the parks just mentioned. Service was great. Any problems we had been taken care of. I read some bad reviews about the place and I am sorry to hear of those people's terrible time but ours was totally opposite. I read about insect problems, customer service problems, room problems etc but we just did not have that. I think a lot of the problems people have are just due to the overall upgrade needed for the place. The insect problem is due to the water park, pools, spa etc and heat bugs are attracted to heat and water. The room problems I think are just based on the fact that a lot of upgrades are needed. Whatever lack of customer service experienced is inexcusable. You don't be rude to people especially if they are guests/clients. You spend money you expect service period, so anyone who went through that it is really unfortunate as that is a vacation spoiler. We visited Sea World and are planning to go back to see Universal Studios and eventually Disney and we will stay there. It’s a nice place and I hope our second stay is even better.

Stayed: January 2007
11  Thank juniorandstacy
Write a ReviewReviews (2,907)

Reviewed 21 January 2007

Just got home mid Jan from the resort. The place has three pools but only one suitable for swimming and its not the harbour with the slides its the pool directly behind the sales offices where they try thier best to get you to spend your money on future visits to the resort. The heated pool was a simple round pool so keep this in mind when looking at other resorts during the winter months. The pool with the slides for the kids was around 60 degrees and when I complained they simply said that it was heated and that nothing else could me done, so we had to bundle our kids in towells while we finished our 5 dollar draft beers. By the way you cannot take your own food or drinks by the waterpark, there is a big sign on the gate leading to the waterpark stating this fact so be ready to spend lotsa cash while watching the kids with goosebumps. My suggestion look elsewhere for other better run resorts.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family
4  Thank sonnyfrompa
Reviewed 8 January 2007

The room was OK/good. We just could not get the resort to respond to anything.

When we got into the unit, we found the water pipe made tremendous noise when shower was on. We also found one A/C vent made noise when A/C came on. Metal vanes were loose on the A/C vent. The noise affected our sleep.

We called the resort and asked for help. The help never came. On the third night, the weather became cold enough that we did not turn on A/C. We did not pursue the resort anymore.

When we called resort office for something, they referred us to service manual. Our service manual had the first 15 pages missing. My wife made three phone calls and never got a new copy. On her fourth phone call, she called the front office manager. We got a new copy then.

We also did not like that the two bedrooms had to share a bathroom in the unit.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
2  Thank E L
Reviewed 2 January 2007

My family and I went to the Liki Tiki Dec. 30 - 31 st.
We were told by the Woman on the phone check-in was
3:00 p.m. and yes the pools were heated.
We did not get our room until after 4, we had to ask for
the Manager, the desk clerk still told us no rooms were ready.
The check-in/out staff was horrendous. Very rude, I was treated like a second rate citizen. This is because we were not owners.
The pools were COLD. For a timeshare establishment they should have been much warmer.
The rooms were o.k. You could hear the people next door's conversation.
Overall not a good experience. Definitely will NOT go back.
Dissappointed visitor.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled with family
4  Thank nadisand
Reviewed 17 December 2006

The Liki Tiki is definately not the best hotel in the world, but it isnt the worst either. When we arrived after an extra long flight from Milwaukee, we were just happy to have a place to sleep. The decor, although a little outdated was nice. Although you could tell some of the appliances were at least a few years old, everything worked just fine. The downside of the resort is all of the people. The pools were always packed, or it was too cold to swim. After a few days at the Liki Tiki, we were ready for our switch to Imperial Palms, a Marriott resort. I cant see my family coming back any time soon to the Liki Tiki, but it isnt a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled with family