Comfort Suites Maingate East(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$124
ComfortSuites
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$201
US$180
  • Free Breakfast
  • Pool
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$105
Seasons Florida Resort(Kissimmee)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$103
US$90
Hotwire.com
2,985 results
All reviewspaddle boatswater parkmini golfsurrey bikestime sharefull kitchenlife guardswasher and dryerbedroom condowelcome homewaterpark areadisney parksrenovated roommain poolkids pooltimeshare presentationparking pass
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Just returned yesterday from the Liki Tiki Village. Right from the beginning, we could not find this place! Called the resort, not much help in getting directions, kept getting put on hold and transferred. Check in- once completed, the lady at the front desk says we have to go across the lobby to "Guest Services" to pick up our parking pass. The lady at Guest Services asks if we will be visiting any of the parks and if we were she could give us discounted Disney Tickets and that if we come back 8 am the next morning she would also give us $60 worth of certificates for the Shipwreck bar and Grill (which is located on the resort). We were told that the appointment the next morning was to get our "Welcome Package" - NOT a Time Share Sales Pitch by a rude, smelly sales rep!!!! 3 Hours! and seriously - a total scam - they started out pitching us a condo at $24,000, then it was reduced to $11,745, then $7,400. lol oh, one more thing...they said if you buy with us today - we will put the $450 dollars that you paid for this week towards the purchase of your time share, also they offered us a 1 week all inclusive vacation and 7 night cruise if we purchased right then and there. Thats when I walked out. If you are going to stay there just decline the welcome package meeting the next morning. The prices online at Disney are the same as they quote, if not cheaper.

The condo is outdated, sheets were dirty, the couch is so uncomfortable. I have nothing nice to say. We will never return and would not suggest any family waste their vacation time and money on this resort - there has got to be more suitable accomodations out there.

Room Tip: Don't go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
8  Thank CENP2012
LikiTikiMgt, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2012

Everyone here on the management team of Liki Tiki Village Resort is disappointed and shocked that your experience here was a negative one. We are in the business of satisfying our guests, not the other way around. And so to hear, particularly because of the "Club Navigo Discovery Event/Tour," that your opinion of us is so low, we must make sense of this and why. We never want another guest to be in your shoes ever again. First, let me address the poor service you received over the phone when you were trying to get directions. We have a dedicated call center called "Customer Care" that handles all calls, and calls such as yours with particular ease. I can only imagine you were erroneously transferred to some other department, perhaps an operational department such as the Front Desk, that was more concerned with what was going on in front of them and not giving you the attention that was required for your situation. For this we sincerely apologize. We will look into how this could have happened, check all printed numbers guests use, and reinforce the proper procedure to all team members. Before I get to the big issue, I also want to apologize for the unsatisfactory state you found your villa to be in. While we would make absolutely any changes to rectify the situation, anything from providing all new linens to providing an entirely different villa, we understand that you shouldn't have been subjected to the substandard state of the villa to begin with. Please know that all of your observations are critically important to our continued improvement - none more so than how our guests are treated while on our property, especially at the concierge services desk where you would have been offered to take the a tour. We always say a simple 'no' will do the trick. However, if you were mislead to believe you were being invited to something other than the "Club Navigo Discovery Event" - that is something serious that we need to look into. It sounds like you thought you were being invited to something no one would want to say 'no' to! That shouldn't be the case. Of course, and this is for anyone reading to know; if you do accept to take the tour, a simple 'no' is required to work there too. If you did not want to spend 3 hours of your time, you shouldn't have had to. Again, our sincerest of apologies for all of your issues but most of all for the unfortunate sequence of events with our Club Navigo Sales Team that shifted your opinion of us before we ever had a chance to be that lovely vacation destination we set ourselves out to be. Your experience is NOT typical, but by no means does that mean it is unheard. We will investigate this and continue to work tirelessly to create positive guest experiences, and nothing else. Thank you for your time and for providing this valuable feedback. We wish you the best in all your future travels.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

I stayed at Liki Tiki with a friend in September 2012. Overall the apartment we stayed in looked a bit scruffy, but it had all the main essentials. We had two disappointments though, the first was the shuttle buses.

We picked Liki Tiki because the website said it was close to Disneyworld, and that there were supposed to be regular shuttle buses for the 10-15 minute 'traveling time' quoted by the website.

The shuttle buses were badly co-ordinated, one morning we had to wait over an hour in the hotel lobby. The buses were advertised as frequent on Liki Tiki's website, but they weren't, there was one a day and back going to the main theme parks. We also discovered that the shuttle was indirect from Liki Tiki, it dropped us off at another hotel & we had to wait roughly about 30mins for another bus to pick us up. It roughly took about 1hr30mins-2hrs travelling time to the theme parks depending on where we wanted to go.

We also weren't 10-15 minutes away from the theme parks as the website said, it was more like 30 minutes travelling time to Disneyworld, and 45 to Universal Studios, direct in a taxi.

Since getting back to England, I have had a charge on my credit card which I assumed was the $50 deposit we had to leave on the first night we were there.

Upon leaving the hotel, the receptionist said that the deposit had been reimbursed. After a week the deposit charge was still showing up on my card, so I emailed their website 3 times over the space of a week, about why the charge hadn't been lifted. I got no response so I left Liki Tiki bad feedback on facebook. I then finally managed to get in touch with someone from the resort through facebook.

They have been e-mailing me over the last 2 weeks occasionally, responding infrequently to my messages until I've gone back on facebook to leave more bad feedback.

I've eventually been told (2 weeks later) that the deposit was for a 'daily room fee' that I wasn't notified about, apparently I had received a letter warning me about them (which is a lie).

When the receptionist took my card from me and told me he was taking a $50 deposit, he didn't mention anything about 'daily room fees' I think it is extremely deceptive & suspicious that they didn't tell me they we're also adding on some room fees, also (coincidentally) the cost of $50.

I wouldn't use this company again, I feel like they've treated me badly, not bothered notifying me properly of the 'daily room fees', or just been deceptive & kept my deposit. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Victoria E
LikiTikiMgt, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

The management team here at Liki Tiki Village would like to offer a full-hearted apology for the aggravation you have experience as a result of these two incidences. I hope you can bare with us while we try to resolve the miscommunication over the 'Resort Services Fee.' Please stay in contact with the representative you have been speaking with and let him or her know that you have posted a review on tripadvisor that has gotten a management response.
Information for anyone who is reading about the fee in question: The 'Resort Services Fee' is a daily charge incurred for the use of many resort amenities. It is communicated clearly if a guest books directly through us or our parent company, Island One Resorts. We have been made aware, however, that third party booking sites are not communicating this fee as clearly as they should. We are working with these providers to correct the communication. Compared to most Orlando area resorts, our fee is drastically cheaper. It is common to see Resort Services Fees upwards of $12 or $15 per night! These might be sometimes called by a different name; 'Resort Fee,' 'Resort Charge,' 'Nightly Service Fee,' etc. They are fees common at resort-style properties to help offset the cost of enhanced amenities with an effort to maintain affordable nightly rates. While other resorts only justify the fee with free Wi-Fi and maybe a fitness center, we include far more; entry to our 'Liki Tiki Lagoon Water Adventure' pool, full harbor access for surrey bike and paddle boat rentals, sporting equipment, planned activities, nightly events, free Wi-Fi, and (of course) the fitness center - just to list a few.

Reviewer, I must apologize that this fee was not better communicated to you when you booked. Again, nightly fees are common in the resort hotel industry, especially in the Orlando market - but it is not your responsibility to know that, so again we apologize the situation has escalated to its current state of run-around. As for the shuttle service, I must say I do not find it to be the best form of transportation while here in the Orlando area. Since Orlando is a road/highway commuting city, a stark opposite to a grid city such as New York with mass transit options, we highly suggest renting your own vehicle. This can be done when you get here. Just see our Concierge Services desk - they will be happy to help you out. We have allowed a third-party shuttle provider to pick up at our resort in an effort to provide another transportation option for our guests. This shuttle is not a taxi and operates at very strict intervals. It is definitely cheaper than renting a car or taking a taxi, but far less convenient. As with anything, it's a choice. I have not reviewed the marketing material for this shuttle service in some time. I promise you that the management team will review all materials to make sure their claims for timing are fair and accurate. If the shuttle company proves to be a guest dissatisfier with inaccurate times and outright complaints such as yours, we will reconsider this transportation option. Thank you for bringing this specific incident to our attention. It is communication like yours that helps us build a better future for our resort and the guests that enjoy vacationing here. We do hope you will consider giving Liki Tiki Village another chance. There really is a lot of good here that I am afraid may have been overshadowed by the annoyances you encountered. Keep in touch and stay well over there across the pond. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

We stayed here Tuesday 16th- Tuesday 23rd of October. Everyone had a great time. We stayed in the 1300 building in an updated 2bd/2bth, with a screened porch. I highly recommend the screened porch, not that the bugs were terrible or anything, but it was great to be able to not worry about them, especially while relaxing after the kids were in bed! There are 3 pools on property, each with its own charm. The one behind the main check-in building is not crowded and well kept. The one nestled in the townhouse section next to the work-out area is quiet, secluded & seemed to have more shade, it also has gas grills. Since I have two loud children, we opted for the lagoon, water-park style pool. It was very lively & hard to find a chair, but the kids loved it! Shipwreck Sally's is the restaurant, Tiki Bar. The food choices were minimal & average, although the Friday night fish fry was excellent! The specialty punch, didn't seem to pack much "punch" for the $, however that may have been a function of the fact that we normally live at 8000+ elevation, so cocktails at sea-level always seem to be lacking. Others in the vicinity seemed to be quite pleased with their drink's strength! The pool closes at sundown.

We checked out the paddle boats & the mini golf was fun. We wanted to check out fishing poles one evening when we were using the charcoal grills on the far side of the lake for dinner, but were told that they had to all be back by 6pm (I think), so we didn't do that as it was already about that time. But had we gotten an earlier start on our cook-out, I think that would have been a fun addition. No-one was over in that area at all & the picnic tables are excellent as well as the grills. In fact that is what we did instead of attending the Thursday Luau.

I was excited to do the Luau, but when I inquired at the guest relations (we received a call telling us to go there to make reservations for the night), I was told that it was inside, which was sad to me. I mean Luaus should be all tropically & outside! The desk guy offered us free tickets if we'd listen to the time share thing. But we weren't interested & that was really the extent of any "pressure" to attend any timeshare presentation, so that was pretty cool.
I assume they keep the Luau inside so that not everyone can see it & they can use it as a lure to book people into a timeshare presentation with the free ticket offer. Even with no strings attached at all & free tickets, I still wouldn't ever go to an inside Luau. I recommend the management consider moving that party to the lovely wooded area on the far side of the lake where the grills are. It is secluded enough that they could rope off the access from the nearby condo path & far enough away form the pool area to keep folks from getting a "free show". I can only imagine fire dancers ect. would look awesome with the backdrop of the lake. Now that I would pay to see for sure!

Overall I would definitely recommend this place. All the staff was awesome. The bartender lady was so fast & friendly even when slammed! The mini golf dude so helpful in recommending day trips! I've stayed in some much more upscale places, but I wouldn't say they had anything over Liki Tiki. Super fun & comfortable vacation for sure! I'd be shocked to find a better value in the entire Orlando area.

Oh & I think the whole place is the least crowded on Tuesday morning. They must a have a big turn over on Sundays/Mondays. Next time I fly to central Florida I plan to bring friends & make Tuesday the pool day. . . pull up some lounge chairs, even order some Tiki punch.

Room Tip: Request an updated room with a screened porch.
2  Thank ValCassidy

Awesome! Yay! AWESOME!! YAY!! 5 Owls!! High FIVE!!! Its... Tiki Time! Ok, that was a bit much. But we are seriously excited about your 5 Owl rating! Thank you so much for writing such a great review. We especially like your very specific recommendation for our Luau. We actually used to do the Luau outside; once on Liki Tiki Lagoon island near Shipwreck Sally's Bar & Grill, and then for a brief period of time on the Central Village pool deck. Believe me, we did not put it inside just to keep it exclusive to ticketed guests - although that was a consideration. We had a much bigger problem to contend with: weather. It can get very unpredictable here on the Polynesian Islands! But who knows, maybe one day we will venture outside again. And don't underestimate how thrilling it is to witness a fire dancer inside, navigating a 12 foot tall ceiling and a much more intimate seating arrangement that practically puts you on the stage. Maybe next time you visit us you can come see the show. We serve Liki Tiki punch there! Speaking of which, we quite pride ourselves on making Liki Tiki punch stronger than your average. It provides for a good surprise, because everyone thinks the house "punch" is going to be weak. Perhaps your theory on elevation holds, or perhaps next time you'll get a zinger! By the way, we currently only have one female bartender, so I will let her know you gave her a shot-out on tripadvisor - everyone loves that.
We are also happy to see you took full advantage of all the recreation options here at Liki Tiki Village. I will pass a long to the Harbor Master that you enjoyed their company. They certainly are a fun bunch in the activities and recreation department. We hope to have many more (or differing) activities, events, and recreation by the next time you come. We are always changing it up to keep our repeat guests interactive. We even have an idea on the table that utilizes your favorite area; the wooded camp by the lake. It's not a fire dancer, but it does involve fire!
I'm wondering if your a Club Navigo member? You seem very dedicated the continued prosperity of Liki Tiki Village Resort. If not, you should still come back and see us year after year. We have a lot of big plans for the future, and it would be fun to watch us grow over the years. Anyways, thank you again for such an awesome review. We really do appreciate your will to share your opinions with the world and provided feedback to the management team in the process. Hope you stay well, and hope to see you again real soon!
P.S. - For any potential future guests; not all villas have screened in porches. This must be requested. And, as always, requests are never guaranteed. The townhouses all have screened in first floor porches.

Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

If you have children, this place is a good place with plenty of things to do. I found Shipwreck Sallys, which is a pool restaurant and bar, quite good, with reasonable prices. The room I was in needed renovation. It can get a bit noisy, as the rooms are not noise insulated well. And I am saying this during the low season. I might stay here again during the low season, but not during the high season as this place is a large property, and it has to be really noisy, with the many people.

• Stayed: October 2012

Thank you very much for reviewing us here on tripadvisor. We love that you mentioned our awesome pool bar and grill, Shipwreck Sally's. It really is a fun place just to hang out if nothing else, with a great overlook of Liki Tiki Lagoon. And if you ever get a little parched, as you mentioned, filling up on food and drink is quite reasonable. No theme park pricing here.
We have also taken note of your room observations. "Noise Pollution," as we like to call it, is a common concern at any resort with density such as ours. We have heard the criticism enough to make considerations for our future gut-level renovations, which will be swinging through all building within the decade. For any potential future guests, please know that we will be happy to move you should a neighbor ever prove to be unruly beyond what you can handle. Not everyone is used to living right next door and on top of other villas, such as it is in our high rises. We also offer townhouses which may provide a more detached experience from other guests, and with more room to boot! The density of the townhouses is drastically less than the high rises and they encircle their own quite pool. In any case, we hope you return to us slow season or high season. There is always something going on here at Liki Tiki Village! We would love for you to be a part of it! Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed 27 October 2012

This hotel looks better on the website. The pictures on the site make you think that the room is modern and updated, but it is not. The room that we were given was run down and dirty. The room had bugs and a nasty smell. The atmosphere around the hotel was not comfortable and relaxing (loud music and party-like). The rooms are attached to another room and are not sound insulated so you hear everything your neighbor is saying or watching.

We requested a different room, but initially were not accommodated. Spoke to a manager the next day and were moved into a more family oriented town-home. This room was more peaceful and relaxing. We were told that you cannot request specific rooms, so whatever they give you is what you get, unless you complain.

The location is not good for guests visiting Disney Parks, Sea World, or Universal. The main highway that it is off of has a lot of stop lights and is congested, so the drive was a headache every day, no matter what time. Plan at least 25 minutes to get to the parks each way. Would not consider this hotel again for this alone.

The beds were pretty comfortable. My kid loved the pool and the other amenities were ok. Internet availability was good, plenty of restaurants to choose from, and local shopping (grocery store, Walmart, Target) all within 5-10 minute drive.

Would not stay at again or recommend.

2  Thank David S

Thank you for providing this valuable feedback. Although you mention you do not see yourself coming back to Liki Tiki Village, I would like to address some of your concerns for any potential future guests that are reading. We have many different types of rooms here on property in different states of renovation. I am afraid you may have gotten a villa that is scheduled next for renovation instead of one that has just come back from renovation. The pictures on our website are always changing, but if you notice dark hard wood furniture and modern fixtures - that would be an example of our most recent renovation. If you see pictures of a comfortable living area in earthy tans and creams with wicker furniture - that is from the renovation just previous to our current renovation. And if you see a picture that reminds you of the early 90's - that is probably what type of unit you stayed in. I am glad someone from our management team was able to move you into a townhouse since the first villa did not meet your expectations. I apologize someone from the Front Desk team wasn't able to coordinate this in a quicker fashion. We do appreciate that you pointed out a few of the things you did like, such as the comfortable beds and resort amenities. We are bummed our distance from some of the bigger name attractions is a deal breaker for your possible return to us. We quite enjoy being tucked away from all that traffic closer to Kissimmee - but we can understand. If your vacation is centered around the attractions you might want to splurge and get accommodations on their property. We quite pride ourselves in providing a vacation destination unto ourselves with a full-scale 64 acre resort property with tons of recreation amenities and time to relax within our beautiful grounds. Our Club Navigo members and repeat visitors take advantage of the solace our amenities offer, while taking excursions out to the attractions here and there. Well, however you travel, we wish for you the very best. Thanks for trying us out, and a big thanks for sharing your thoughts with us.