Liki Tiki Village
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Booked this resort through Cosmos because of its mostly positive reviews. The only negative that bothered us was that we had a 2 bedroom apartment that was interconnected with another apartment and what made it worse we had a very loud lady as a neighbour especially between the hours of 10pm - 12.30am. We thought it was going to spoil our stay at the Liki Tiki from the as it was from the start. We did complain but was told that all the rooms were like that. It was a bit annoying as I had emailed ahead to upgrade the room as we had a couple of celebrations on holiday. However she seemed to quieten after a few days or left :) Apart from that it was a really nice apartment, well equiped, clean, good size etc. We were in block 1100 which I believe are the newly refurbished ones?? The pool got very busy quickly with a shortage of sunbeds but most popular hotel complexes are the same anyway!! Thought the location was excellent, just off the 192 and very easy to find especially for a first Florida driver! Some really nice restaurants nearby too and only a short drive to Disneyworld. I would definitely go back to the Liki Tiki as long as we had quieter neighbours! I liked the idea of the other leisure facilities like mini golf, basketball courts, tennis,etc etc. Oh and a big thanks for Anna at Shipwreck Sallys for helping organise my welcome surprise package for my wife!!

Room Tip: Avoid interconnecting rooms if possible???
4  Thank EHammy
LikiTikiMgt, Manager at Liki Tiki Village, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2012

Wow, Thank you for the 5 Owl rating! And a big thanks for acknowledging Anna! She is our hardest working manager; always putting the guest first, juggling multiple parties and events (some at the same time), all while maintaining our normal Food & Beverage operations. I will pass on to her that you thank her for her efforts. She will be delighted! As for your stay, there were some concerns you mentioned that I would like to address. The noise from your neighbor is unfortunate. The only things I could suggest are calling security (through Customer Care by dialing '0') or requesting to change rooms through the Front Desk. In both of these instances, the respective departments would be happy to do as much as is within their power to remedy the situation. However I know moving to a different room can be a hassle. And I know (from doing it myself) that as soon as security leaves from a noise warning its party time again! Just keep those lines of communication open with us in the management team - we don't want your vacation ruined by another guest's inconsideration. Luckily, in your case, it did not get to that. This provides a good time to bring up a new event we just started; our 'Welcome Reception with Manager Meet & Greet.' We want to make ourselves available to all guests so you might put a face to a name and use us as contacts throughout your stay should a situation ever arise. The time and location are detailed on the Activities Guide, available at the Concierge Services desk.
Yes, the 1100 building is one of our more recent renovations. I am glad to hear you were able to get a renovated villa - it really does make all the difference, and we know it. Older villas are one of our biggest challenges when it comes to guest satisfaction. Now that the fall season is coming up we should have more availability of renovated units for prospective guests, while also allowing us to dive head first into our renovations of older villas. The fall season will also allow for a reprieve from the massive summer crowds down at Liki Tiki Lagoon, the main pool. While space is limited on the main pool deck with people, we went ahead and ordered more poolside furniture anyway. We would hope that even though it may be crowded, you might still benefit from a place to sit and watch it all.
I hope you come back to see us again. All of us here at Liki Tiki Village are working towards the same goal of improving what we have and adding more to it. We would be honored to host you again so you can experience the improvements with us. Thanks again!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,864)

Reviewed 24 July 2012

First impressions, ok. Then you get hit by the surprise package.....$50 per head to check in!!. Cosmos have not or did not have the guts to inform customers of this when booking this resort. Receptionist behind desk ( who seemed to be disturbed by customers turning up ), said that every hotel in the world does this. Wrong. On to facilities, the pool in South Sea Village was unacceptable in that parents were letting their kids run riot, not reading pool rules & resort members of staff letting them do whatever they wanted. Unbelievable!!. The town house we stayed in was very nice, well appointed. The black American guests were much more pleasant than the arrogant White Americans. There was a general lack of security around the resort. All in all, not a place I would recommend to anybody.

1  Thank sod2362

Thank you for sharing your opinion - it assists us greatly in gauging what our guest's concerns are and how we might improve upon them. I am not sure if you are referring to the $50 deposit or the $6.99 (plus tax) Resort Fee, which may have added up to $50 depending on your length of stay. Either way, these fees are not per person. The $50 deposit is a one time charge and the $6.99 (plus tax) Resort Fee is per night. Resorts fees are not only common, they are pretty much standard in the hospitality industry. Our Resort Fee is actually drastically low compared to the rest of the Orlando market. $12 per night is about average. Some hotels, particularly the luxury segment, will charge for amenities AND charge you a Resort Fee. Our Resort Fee includes all of our amenities such as Wi-Fi, paddle boats, surrey bikes, miniature golf, Liki Tiki Lagoon access, organized children's activities, and so much more. Please accept our apologies for the surprise of the Resort Fee. We will continue to work with all of our third party wholesalers to provide accurate information. We also apologize for the demeanor of the receptionist at the Front Desk. I will personally make an effort to encourage a positive reception of each and every guest who walks up to our Front Desk. I know these employees extremely well, and I hate to make it sound like I am defending them, but they were probably busy with paperwork out of view. Regardless, the first impression of our guests is so very important to their perception of quality for the rest of their stay - paperwork is not important. Thank you for bringing this observation to our attention.
All guests are of course required to follow safety rules and signage while on property. We have an extremely large lifeguard team and safety & security force that focuses solely on the tasks of keeping guests safe, maintaining a safe environment, and enforcing safety rules. However we have no say so when it comes to parenting a child unless abuse is involved. During this busy summer season I would admit that the common areas such as Liki Tiki Lagoon are more chaotic than normal. Surprisingly though, we have only had a few minor incidents this summer. I attribute this to our lifeguards and security team members keeping an active watchful eye - even if the guest's behavior is generally perceived as unruly.
We are sad to hear you do not intend to recommend our resort to anyone. I can only hope you find the right type of accommodations you are looking for in your future travels. Again, thank you for expressing your opinion - this is invaluable information we can use to help create the policies and procedures that may end up making another guest's stay more enjoyable in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

Our family of four had a great time at Liki Tiki. We are Occidental Vacation Club members and we were upgraded to a 2-BR Townhome. The location of the unit was great and it had everything we needed. The floors and the carpets do need a little cleaning though. Aside from the floor, everything else was great! The bedsheets were clean and the kitchen stuff were spic and span. The surroundings were clean and safe too!

The location of the hotel was very good. It was near Disney and there were a lot of nice restaurants, all within a 5-minute drive. Publix, Target and Walmart were also within the vicinity.

It is true that some guests are from the lower middle-class. But hey, they were friendly and minded their own business. Nothing to worry about.

Best of all was the service. From the time we reserved the unit to the time we left the resort, we were treated professionally. I would like to commend Shelly from Reservations, Ariel from Front Desk and Diane from Guest Services. You all made our stay at Liki-Tiki special.

We hope to be back!

Room Tip: Try to get the units in the new buildings or better yet, get a townhome.
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We stayed here for the rate and because we used my sisters timeshare... I read a lot of reviews, some true some not. Here is my honest option of the resort for room 1143F 1bd 1 ba
Here are the good:
1. Kitchen Had everything and working
2. Good location had the forest as the view I liked it!
3. Pool was great! Never too crowded and the food at Sallys was good! Bar was great too! My 4yr old loved the pool! Very Kid friendly!
4. Great location from Disney, the longest it took to get there was 20min.
Ok now the bad::
1. The carpets ARE extremely dirty! It's true your feet do turn black! Yuck!!!!!
2. It took forever to dry clothes/towles in the dryer! it was constintly running,
3. The AC fuse breaker is broken... They came and fixed it which was just a flip of the breaker switch in the bedroom but almost every time the AC turned on it would flip the switch to "off" so we had to constantly check if it was "on" or it would get hot fast! The first 2 days it happened all the time , day 3-5 it was fine but day 6 &7 again same issue! If u have this room expect to do it yourself only because it happens so often it's not worth calling the desk every time..
I think we would stay here again but in a 2bd 2ba updated room, like the one they offer for the time share.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank DC372

Thank you for reviewing us on tripadvisor. We appreciate the feedback! I am happy to see your stay with us was generally positive. It was nice to hear you enjoyed the forest view too - not everybody does. A good portion of our villas look out onto protected wetlands, which we are proud to have as a neighbor. Some villas facing this direction even have screened-in balconies (which can be requested). If your villa did not have a screened in balcony, you most likely did not have one of our newly renovated villas, which would explain the old carpet that made your socks dirty. Sorry about that. We do have a carpet extraction team on site that is available to respond to requests (if any potential future guests reading this are concerned). That is also the case with engineering and maintenance; they are available for any problems that may arise in your villa during your stay. If a problem is ever too complicated to fix, we would be happy to move you into a different (freshly cleaned) villa.
It sounds like your washer/dryer unit needs to be replaced. I hope we were able to capture this information while you were staying here so that another guest is not put into that room until the issues are addressed. I do apologize for these annoying inconveniences. They are rather minor issues that can be addressed without much fuss, but it was you who discovered them and had to endure them, so again we apologize and hope your next stay with us does not include any distractions from the fun. Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed 21 July 2012

If you want a YMCA pool experience, this is the resort to book. The rooms and grounds were fairly clean, but the resort IS NOT a high end experience. From the life guards (kids who wanted to get ghetto for the girls) to the patrons, it was a lower middle class block party. There is not even close to enough pool space for the number of guests therefore it is extremely crowded.

This IS well suited for some, but not for others. Families enjoy themselves and the kids have a good time. It felt safe and the rooms were okay ( however outdated they may be). Nonetheless, it felt like an inner city pool ( couples and older demo should avoid this place at all costs) and when you are exchanging for a resort experience you want something more.

If you are okay with the trailer park luau, this is a great find. If you want something more, look elsewhere. The Liki Tiki is one of the oldest resorts in Orlando.

They also have an unpublished resort fee that is not worth the $7 per day.

Room Tip: Pick another resort. I asked early for an updated room and still got an old one. Grout missing in ba...
2  Thank Bryansbunch

Awe this is sad to hear, but at least you didn't find EVERYTHING below your expectations. I believe I saw a comment about the resort feeling safe? And a quasi 'the rooms were okay'? ..Hey, ..we'll take it. As for everything else, this just seems to me that your expectations were not met. Perhaps you are accustom to the higher-end or luxury resort properties? I see that you exchanged into Liki Tiki Village, so that may be some of the reason. Our owners and renters know pretty much what they are getting based on the tour or the nightly rate, respectively. We are quite proud to provide a full scale resort with resort amenities at a rate typically associate with a mid-level hotel chain that has no resort amenities. In most cases our guests feel they are getting a good value once they get here. We have defended our low nightly rental rates from the threat of increase precisely for this reason; to under sell and over deliver. Same thing goes for our Luau. The only place with more Luaus than Orlando are the Polynesian Islands themselves. (There are a handful of Polynesian themed hotels and attractions here). But our $20 Luau does not presume to be or attempt to compete with the $45-$60 Luaus at the luxury hotels and in the theme parks. We think we give way more than what $20 worth of food and entertainment would get you - because all we want to do is break even. Our revenue comes as guest satisfaction, (or value for your money).
My favorite thing I hear from guests is also the thing I hear most often; "This is better than we thought it was going to be." I completely understand where your disappointment may have come into play though. We are saddened by the bad review, but we accept that your disappointment is a possibility we may see again if the right hotel product is not matched up with the right guest. I wish you pleasant stays on all your future travels, and I thank you for your feedback.