“Not Awful - BUT BEWARE !”

Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa
Reviewed 7 June 2010

We had read concerning things about the villas , so when we got there my wife asked if we could stay in the Town Center buildings. Surprisingly they said no problem and put us in the 5000 building. They asked if we wanted to do a timeshare presentation, and we said yes (it helped to get a discount on the disney tickets, and I was interested in the timeshare concept).

, We were very happy with the lay out – it was very nice and very clean, and had a massive hot tub. As someone else pointed out, one draw back to the hot tub was it took over a half hour to fill, so you can't have a spontaneous hot tub, it has to be planned out.

One other disturbing thing was their computer system – 4 separate times during the week we had maids asking us to check out so they could clean the room – each time we had to tell them we were there until Friday. For some reason they just couldn’t get it straight that we were in the room.

There was also a paper thin door in between the unit and the next one – we could hear a baby crying and conversation next door.

Security was an absolute joke, although I must say I didn’t feel unsafe. As you drove in there was a guard at the gate to the resort who would come out as if to stop you, and if you kept driving he would just wave and go back in the guard shack.

We also had a rather disturbing event – at 2 am someone with a passkey tried to enter our room. Fortunately we had deadbolted the door. I ran out and saw what looked like a security guard walking away. He wouldn’t stop and mumbled an apology. I was in my underwear and didn’t have a room key so I didn’t follow him. After thinking it through, we don’t think it was someone trying to steal anything or hurt us. It was probably a security guard who, like the maids, didn’t know we were in the room and was looking for a place to sleep or maybe go to the bathroom.

Then we went on the Time Share tour. The woman who gave us the tour said it would be 90 minutes. It was 3 1/2 hours. She lied to us about our child being able to leave the Kid's Club if she wanted. After 2 hours we went to pick up our 6 year old daughter (she came with us for the rest of the tour) we were greeted by her sobbing that they wouldn't let her see us, and it was blatantly obvious that the woman in charge of the kids room was lying as well. It was clear they wanted our undivided attention and were holding our child until the presentation was done.

When I said I would like a copy of the contract I would be signing to read before I signed it, I was told there was no way to get a copy and I could read one only if I came down to the office. When I said I wanted to read it in the room at my convenience, the saleswoman said it was obvious I wasn't serious. Fortunately my father told us about a website where you can buy deeded timeshares, and we will look into that. But overall it was the worst sales experience I have ever had, and I am the national sales manager of a company.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank LeonardSmallsofPorts
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what more we have improved on.

Ariel

Write a ReviewReviews (3,628)

Reviewed 4 June 2010

Me and my family are from scotland. And holiday in florida every year.. and have done this for the past 10 years. However we have been owners of two apartment timeshares because of a big family..which are a complete nightmare!!! the costs of having two of them is unbelievable... they hoax you into taking more rooms and upgrading.. and because they bamboozle you with loud noise and a food court of people it becomes very confusing to what your signing up to! Please beware of this. As the resort is 5 star for sure.... dont lets this fool you! I would recommend this hotel for first time stays as your very close to disney.. but thats all!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank bobbyboyScotland

Reviewed 1 June 2010

We had a long day of travelling with a young family but that did not speed up the lady that we were lead over to provide us with our "welcome package" The promise of a 90 minute site tour and breakfast with no pressure sales is not what we received! The breakfast sucked, they were not concrened about there timeline of 2 hours even remotely, Our presentor was a wee bit of a cronic lier, They would try to sell a guy a one week deed to a basement suite of an outhouse before valadating the tickets!

After spending 4 and 1/2 hours of our vacation being led around to and lied to they valadated our tickets. You would think that we would be happy and we were untill we went to the IHOP and seen that the tickets were cheaper there then what we had paid. They were also cheaper at the discount ticket stores!

Other then that I would recommend anyone to stay there. The villa's were clean enough and the resort was nice and not overly busy!

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Bobbie020

Reviewed 23 May 2010

With the beautiful pictures and impressive website, our family was excited about our orlando vacation. The excitement was quickly dampened at check-in that took nearly a half-hour. Then we were given the wrong room. we booked a 1-bedroom and walked into a studio. What an aggrevating way to start the vacation.
The room itself was awful, The bed was uncomfortable with its thin mattress and coffee-stained sheets, Yes, we pulled back the blanket and there was a big brown stain on the sheets (we hope it was coffee). We left after one night.
The location was good with tons of restaurants close by and quick access to Disney World. The hotel has potential, but shop around, there are loads comparable properties.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Eaglesfan04

Reviewed 20 May 2010

Once we checked in everything was perfect. Large rooms oversized kitchen and living room. Beautiful views and plenty of pools. We asked for extra keys at checkin and some of them did not work but it was no problem, we just exchanged them the next time we were near the desk. They supplied all of our basic things, plenty of towels, paper towels dish detergent, laundry detergent etc. Room service did not replenish the supplies during our stay but I just asked them for extras when needed. Coffee for example we stayed for four days and they only left one bag, sorry but i need my morning coffee but again I just had to ask for more. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank patchoguepoodles

Ariel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
0 km away
#78 of 154 in Kissimmee
8.3 km away
Holiday Inn Orlando SW - Celebration Area
7.6 km away
Quality Suites The Royale Parc Suites (Old AX # 10038826)
6.1 km away
Liki Tiki Village
Liki Tiki Village
#26 of 154 in Kissimmee
16.2 km away
Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa

Been to Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!