We had read concerning things about the villas , so when we got there my wife asked if we could stay in the Town Center buildings. Surprisingly they said no problem and put us in the 5000 building. They asked if we wanted to do a timeshare presentation, and we said yes (it helped to get a discount on the disney tickets, and I was interested in the timeshare concept).
, We were very happy with the lay out – it was very nice and very clean, and had a massive hot tub. As someone else pointed out, one draw back to the hot tub was it took over a half hour to fill, so you can't have a spontaneous hot tub, it has to be planned out.
One other disturbing thing was their computer system – 4 separate times during the week we had maids asking us to check out so they could clean the room – each time we had to tell them we were there until Friday. For some reason they just couldn’t get it straight that we were in the room.
There was also a paper thin door in between the unit and the next one – we could hear a baby crying and conversation next door.
Security was an absolute joke, although I must say I didn’t feel unsafe. As you drove in there was a guard at the gate to the resort who would come out as if to stop you, and if you kept driving he would just wave and go back in the guard shack.
We also had a rather disturbing event – at 2 am someone with a passkey tried to enter our room. Fortunately we had deadbolted the door. I ran out and saw what looked like a security guard walking away. He wouldn’t stop and mumbled an apology. I was in my underwear and didn’t have a room key so I didn’t follow him. After thinking it through, we don’t think it was someone trying to steal anything or hurt us. It was probably a security guard who, like the maids, didn’t know we were in the room and was looking for a place to sleep or maybe go to the bathroom.
Then we went on the Time Share tour. The woman who gave us the tour said it would be 90 minutes. It was 3 1/2 hours. She lied to us about our child being able to leave the Kid's Club if she wanted. After 2 hours we went to pick up our 6 year old daughter (she came with us for the rest of the tour) we were greeted by her sobbing that they wouldn't let her see us, and it was blatantly obvious that the woman in charge of the kids room was lying as well. It was clear they wanted our undivided attention and were holding our child until the presentation was done.
When I said I would like a copy of the contract I would be signing to read before I signed it, I was told there was no way to get a copy and I could read one only if I came down to the office. When I said I wanted to read it in the room at my convenience, the saleswoman said it was obvious I wasn't serious. Fortunately my father told us about a website where you can buy deeded timeshares, and we will look into that. But overall it was the worst sales experience I have ever had, and I am the national sales manager of a company.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Vacation Villas provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home along with an ideal location just 1 mile from the main entrance to Walt Disney World® Resort and minutes from other Orlando area attractions, family-friendly restaurants and shopping opportunities. The perfect choice for you next Central Florida vacation, Westgate Vacation Villas features accommodation choices ranging from cozy studios to oversized Two-Bedroom Villas with Lofts and a variety of onsite amenities such as 14 heated outdoor pools and the award-winning Drafts Sports Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Vacation Villas Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Villas
- Vacation Westgate
- Westgate Resort Kissimmee Fl
- Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa Kissimmee, Florida