This is a very nice resort and very close to Disney. It's a timeshare resort, so if you are not already an owner, at some point you will have to do the presentation. When they say 90 minutes - plan for AT LEAST 3 hours.
They have a kids club - it's a big room with a few staffers there. Mostly, the kids play video games and the little guys watch movies. I wanted something a little more interactive, but that's all there was. The cost is $7 per child, per hour and siblings cost an additional $1 per child, per hour. We paid $27 for 3 hours because we have 3 kids (or $9 per hour). There is an activity buliding with pay-by-the-activity things for the kids to do. Sand art @ 2pm for $3 as an example. Some of the activities are available for free for owners. If you are looking for a place to drop the kids and take some quiet time - the kids club will turn the kids into video zombies, but they will be safe. We used it 1 time in 8 days.
The pools were nice, clean and there is no life guard. Remember, it's a facility based on ownership, so many activities are on your own. It's close to Disney and there is a shuttle available @ $14 per person. It's cheaper to drive yourself and pay to park. Parking cost $8.00 per day at the Disney parks and once you pay at one park, you can use the same parking pass at any of the parks on the same day. If you are going to Disney, invest in rain ponchos (97 cents at Walmart or $7 in Disney). June started the hurricane season in Florida and the resort has a few activies for rainy days. It rained every day we were there at some point for 8 days. My husband and sons went swimming in the rain. You just have to listen for thunder and of course don't swim when there is lightening. They had a great time and the pool was packed - who knew?
We ended up buying a timeshare, but we had been looking for one anyway. It's a nice family place and since we are in Florida at least every 3 years, and on family vacations yearly - we figured we'd invest. All and all, this was a nice resort - really suitable for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Vacation Villas provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home along with an ideal location just 1 mile from the main entrance to Walt Disney World® Resort and minutes from other Orlando area attractions, family-friendly restaurants and shopping opportunities. The perfect choice for you next Central Florida vacation, Westgate Vacation Villas features accommodation choices ranging from cozy studios to oversized Two-Bedroom Villas with Lofts and a variety of onsite amenities such as 14 heated outdoor pools and the award-winning Drafts Sports Bar & Grill. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Vacation Villas Hotel Kissimmee
- Westgate Villas
- Vacation Westgate
- Westgate Resort Kissimmee Fl
- Westgate Vacation Villas Resort & Spa Kissimmee, Florida