“Definitely would return!”

Ranked #34 of 153 Hotels in Kissimmee
Marietta
“Definitely would return!”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We were there for Spring break week: May 31, 2012 through April 7, 2012. I was worried when I had read the previous reviews but was pleasantly surprised. I booked the hotel through priceline--bid your own $. Our room was clean and spacious. The pool area was clean and well-maintained. There were many activities for the kids. When we slept in, I requested that housekeeping clean the room and they always did without fail. We needed extra towels and got them. Our bed was really comfortable. We were close to the Disney resort and enjoyed being able to leave the parks and hang out at the pools. Both pools were clean and well-maintained. One was heated, the other not. The jacuzzis were both enjoyable and not crowded. Well worth the money and time. I would definitely stay there again. We did not eat at the hotel so I cannot comment as to the restaurants. They did give the kids ice cream at the pool and they gave a generous amount and the kids loved it. The furinture is old, but it did not matter. What mattered was that the rooms were clean and well-maintained and that we were well taken care of by the hotel staff.

1 Thank DisneyGeekMarietta
ROCRadison, Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Thank you for sharing that you had an excellent stay with us! Thank you for your remarks about our hotel and of course for choosing to stay with us! We hope to have you with us again sometime in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed 9 April 2012

We purchased this hotel stay on Hotwire. I was concerned after reading the reviews. Here is what I found to be true.
The pool is amazing! We spent an afternoon lounging after a busy day at the parks. There are activities for the kids and good places to get food and drinks. Very relaxing.
We stayed in building 5000- this must have been a renovated building because the halls/carpet were clean and nice- so was the room. My only complaint for the room are the beds, they were hard as a rock. The people that work there were also very nice.
This hotel is in an excellent location if you are going to Disney, it's right at the entrance.
As far as the negative, my problem was with housekeeping. They were pretty slack while we were there- they didn't replenish the toilet paper, cups, stuff like that- they even missed a day completely. We were pretty upset when we got back to the room at midnight to find they hadn't come at all. We were out of toilet paper, kleenex, clean towels, soap and cups. When we called they told us they were sorry and someone from housekeeping would be up when they got back from their break. The next day while my kids were down for a nap I guess they were doing some work on the hotel and started drilling on the wall next to our room. This scared my kids to death! I asked them if they could please stop, which they did- but it would have been nice for them to call to let us know they were going to be doing this.
I don't think we would be back as I plan to stay on Disney property next time to take advantage of extended hours. But if you are looking for somewhere clean and cheap this might be the way to go.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in building 5000 if you are concerned about getting an old run down room. This was also...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
ROCRadison, Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share experiences and feedback from your stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. We truly appreciate your business and thank you for staying with us. I have addressed your concerns with my housekeeping manager and we are looking into ways in better improving our processes, making sure issues such as yours never happen again. Nevertheless, I glad to hear about how much you enjoyed yourself by the pool area. Please feel free in coming back and staying with us again in the near or far future. Thanks,
atlanta, ga
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Before I get to the bad, this property does have some pros, which are:
- very close drive to the Disney parks and Downtown Disney
- very nice pool area with kids activities

That said, the actual units are very old and in need of renovation. Many sites have this listed as a 3.5 star resort, I would strongly disagree. The main issue we had with the hotel is that the room smelled musky and moldy. The first thing my 8 year old said when we opened the door was 'what's that smell?'. A moldy smell in the room is unacceptable -period, let alone for a resort. When I told the staff at the front desk about this, she said she would have housekeeping look at it and I said I'm sure that they have already smelled it- its not like it was a new smell and was impossible to miss.

Additionally, the shower pressure was terrible and the sink/shower drains were both clogged leading to rising water in both. Again, this is unacceptable for this standard.

I would be unable to recommend this hotel based on the issues noted, primarily the smell. It would be one thing if it was an isolated incident, but more reviewers than not have mentioned the same thing- very disappointing.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the aside to share your feedback and concerns from your stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. We value your business and take your concerns very seriously. Please give me a call directly as I would like to know your which room you were in. Due to the humid, hot, and moist weather in the Orlando area, sometime the rooms may smell like mold. Ideally, this smell is not mold, just smells attributed from hot weather or hot temperatures from the outside. The housekeepers are train to keep the room temperatures at a cooler temperature, to help minimize the odor on hot days. Nevertheless, I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Please note these humid conditions are very common in Florida. In fact, I personally deal with this same problem, when I fail to or forget to turn on my AC on when leaving out the house in the morning, when going to work.

Travellers are raving about these Kissimmee hotels

POUGHQUAG
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed there for 5 nights and have no major complaints. The staff was great, rooms, and rest of property was clean. 2 pools, 1 was heated, plenty for the kids to do including movies in the lobby at night, game room, water slide, daily activities. Kids had a great time. Food was good, no reason to run out, especially when the kids where tired. OK with that said,here come the complaints, I would avoid frozen drinks at the bar, they where $12+ each, a bit pricey for what you get. Bring your own pool towels, the ones they give you are more like a small wash cloth. No need to buy your "discount tickets at the lobby". THe only discount involves taking some tour, probably a sales pitch for timeshares. I'll pay the total of an extra $40 for 4 tickets and save myself the 2 hours&aggravation. THey do sell regular price tickets with out the timeshare sales pitch that they print up for you after you pay. They claim they save you $10, but all it really is is the online price. YOu can print them from home for the same price. I had to go down there 4 times to find the guy that sold the online tickets since the timeshare guy did not know when the other guy was coming back, didn't know his name, "had nothing to do with it". Yeah right. Unfortunately I saw a few unsuspecting foreighn tourist fall victim to signing up for the "breakfast&tour". Not worth the discount, years ago tickets where free when you did this. I think it wold be in Radisson's best interest to kick these timeshare people out. ALso the free shuttle is pretty much useless other than for disney. Universal & Sea World are fixed times, 7:30am they take you, parks don't open until 9am or 10am. THey have 1 shuttle coming back at 7:30pm, first come first serve, dont guarantee you room. Long day with kids to be waiting around for a shuttle. I would stay there again and would recommend it, but with the above warnings/tips. Oh and there is a starbucks on the property and several good restaurants near by.

Room Tip: big piece of property with several buildings, they all pretty much offered the same location. Pool...
1 Thank from10801
ROCRadison, Manager at Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post and share your comments from your most recent stay at the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. We truly value your feedback and comments regarding your with us. Thank you for choosing the Radisson Resort Orlando – Celebration. Please feel free in coming back again at any given time in the near or far future.
Wickford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I'm a regular traveller to Florida from the UK and a lot of the time I travel alone and quitely make observations. Most people can find fault with anything if they look hard enough. I could not fault this hotel at all. I was especially impressed with the young lad in charge of the pool who kept complete order and earned respect from both the children and adults. I was there last June and I am coming back this May and have recommended this hotel to many friends and families.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Hello my friend from the UK! Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your comments and feedback from your stay. Your feedback means so much to the team. We truly appreciate your business. We can’t wait to see you in May! Thanks for the business!!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kissimmee
2.2 km away
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
Ramada Kissimmee Gateway
#38 of 153 in Kissimmee
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,482 reviews

Been to Radisson Resort Orlando-Celebration? Share your experiences!