“Under Renovation but...”
Review of Inn at Calypso Cay

Inn at Calypso Cay
Ranked #59 of 154 Hotels in Kissimmee
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Its under renovation so not all the rooms are renovated. The renovated rooms were nice but my room was tiny. Elevator was torn up. New carpet had paint stains in it. There was no lotion, not sure how a hotel has no lotion. The light on my side of the bed had not bulb, I asked for one 3 times never got it. Room service came to clean the room and didn't bring new wash towels. When I called the desk to get some I couldn't reach them because she was outside on her cell phone. The little activity center next to the hotel is not apart of the hotel and its extremely overpriced. The only good thing about this hotel was that i was right next door to Walmart. I can see how it will be really nice once renovations are complete but for now I wouldn't recommend it.

2  Thank Anthony C
JanineGSM, Front Office Manager at Inn at Calypso Cay, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Anthony,

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay. We are very excited to see our renovation nearing its completion and would like to let you know that all of our rooms that are being sold are renovated at this point.
I encourage you to reach out to me to discuss the service issues, as we pride ourselves on our commitment to our guests. I will personally reach out to my staff to correct this issue but I would prefer to have a little bit more information on your experience. You can reach me at 407-997-1400 x 77161.
It is my hope that once we are completed you will come back to see us. Thank you! Sincerely, Janine Fravel Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2017

They are renovating and there is construction noise from 9-5. The elevators are covered with construction debris. The complimentary breakfast is nice with an assortment of cereal,bagels,muffins,yogurt and fruit however the room in which it is served is claustrophobic and crowded. The room we stayed in had a king size bed and was very spacious although I didn't care for the '70'sish decor.The air conditioner was so loud that I had earplugs in and still couldn't sleep. The bed was comfortable though. The pool is nice.

2  Thank cherylsJ4986OB
JanineGSM, Front Office Manager at Inn at Calypso Cay, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2017

Dear cherylsJ4986OB,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our property. We can definitely appreciate your concerns in relation to our renovation. We are excited to bring a new look and feel to the property and we are confident that upon its completion, you will find it to your complete satisfaction, especially with the new lobby layout and extended breakfast area. We are looking forward to seeing you in the future! Sincerely, Janine Fravel Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 26 July 2017

This was a wonderful place to stay! There are fun things to do on site, lots of pools to cool off and it's close to stores and the area attractions. The front desk was helpful, the rooms were clean and newly remodeled. The hotel is under construction so they didn't offer a full hot breakfast but gave us vouchers to go to their sister hotel down the road and it was wonderful! Would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
JanineGSM, Front Office Manager at Inn at Calypso Cay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Jennifer W,

Thank you for your review and your feedback on our property! We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and all that we have to offer here. We are excited to share our new rooms with our guests and the future is very bright! I am also extremely pleased that we could accommodate your group for breakfast at our sister property, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Sincerely, Janine Fravel Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

My son and I stayed for 4 nights in July 2017. The rooms were completely updated and outstanding. I do a lot of business travel and this quality of room stood up to any of the places I typically stay on business. On top of that my son completely enjoyed the three pools and three water slides and we also enjoyed the mini golf and basketball court on site. The pool bar and restaurant had good food and drinks at reasonable prices. We did not get to utilize the Castaway Cove zipline and other activities due to weather but we will take advantage of that next time. We have already booked our next stay at the Inn at Calypso Cay. My son insisted we stay there again and I happily agreed!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
JanineGSM, Front Office Manager at Inn at Calypso Cay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Bananapancake502,

Thank you for your kind words about our property! We are so excited to share our new rooms and we are thrilled you enjoyed them, as well as the awesome amenities we offer!
We look forward to having you and your son with us on your next stay with even more updates to the hotel to come!

Sincerely, Janine Fravel Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here with my nephew while visiting Orlando, and absolutely loved it!

The hotel is still in renovations, however you can definitely see what an amazing job they're doing by looking at the rooms!

My nephew absolutely LOVED the outdoor pool areas at this hotel!!! Two different areas that have pools, water slides, and even an outdoor bar - for the bigger kids!

There's also mini-golf and zip-lining that you can do with the family if you're looking for other fun activities.

Will definitely return to this hotel, and can't wait to see the FINISHED product when renos are done!!!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
JanineGSM, Front Office Manager at Inn at Calypso Cay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Dear B-Ren,

Thank you so much for your great review and for your feedback! We are so pleased you were happy with your stay and we are so glad to share our excitement about our new rooms! We can't wait to have you back when we are complete! Sincerely, Janine Fravel Guest Services Manager