“Mofongo Camaron”

Maracas Restaurant
Ranked #113 of 890 Restaurants in Kissimmee
Cuisines: Latin
Reviewed 12 June 2016

Maracas serves good quality Dominican food. I tried the Mofongo Camaron (Shrimp) and it was delicious. The mofongo was filling and had a nice garlic flavor and the shrimp were tender and meaty.

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

I go to maracas often and it never fails to satisfy. Great prices and they offer a kids meals for a very fair price.

Reviewed 3 June 2016

6 months ago I went to Maracas for the first time for dinner and it was pretty good, but not special. I felt as though i had made a poor choice ordering the first time, but this second time was a real bullseye. I had the special chicken sandwich my friend got and it was phenomenal. It was a warm sammy and I had a side order of Yuka fries that were also wonderful. The only downside is the service. The servers speak very little English and everything needs to be repeated over and over. The service is a tad slow when you ask for a takeout container for leftovers, extra mayo or sauces and those types of items. These things can be forgiven, but it is a bt of a challenge.

Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

I'm enjoy a portion of beans, rice and plantains, once in a while, maybe once a month. Finding a meal like this in central Florida is a dime a dozen.

Oh...and I also do not eat meat. So I always order a vegetarian meal. It includes everything you'd eat, minus the meat. :) So after walking away from Maracas, with my food, I was looking forward to my monthly treat.

The food tastes good and I appreciate Latin flavor as much as the next gringo, but when it comes to portions, I become picky and offended. If I would have ordered pork or beef, they would load up the container with plenty. But as I do not eat meet and love my sides, I expect a healthy portion of plantains to go with my carb overload. Three plantains pretty much upsets me and encourages me to drive a few miles down the road to Unidos the next month when I enjoy my "treat."

Reviewed 22 May 2016

Staff very courteous and friendly, very attentive never wait more than 5 minutes to place and order, always a server available to take your order. Food is delicious love the arroz Moro, or with vegetables, ribs in sauce or barbecue chicken, since I don't cook couple of time s week stop and place my order and is ready within less than 15min considering that there's always a couple of people ahead of me. Love maracas restaurant . Highly recommended.