“A pleasant surprise”

Ranked #2 of 94 Restaurants in Marathon
Price range: US$30 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Caribbean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Description: Savor Florida Keys dining with award-winning tropical cuisine indoor or outdoor at Tranquility Bay Resort's own Butterfly Café. Butterfly Café captures the essence of island cuisine with an emphasis on quality, local ingredients and, of course, ocean fresh seafood in a beautiful airy Marathon restaurant setting. Open daily for dinner, the menu and wine list at Butterfly Café change seasonally. Children will delight in a special menu designed just for them. Dinner is served nightly from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM at our restaurant in Marathon and reservations are encouraged. Dine outdoors on Butterfly Café's covered patio, or enjoy the impressive dining room inside with its soaring ceiling and casual yet sophisticated decor. Our dinner menu features tantalizing offerings like Florida Keys’ Shrimp Cocktail, Tropical Crab Cakes, Panko Encrusted Florida Grouper, Key Lime Pie, TDF 'To Die For' Sticky Toffee Pudding and more. Casual resort attire recommended at this Florida Keys restaurant.
Reviewed 4 February 2018

I had not been to the Keys in 10 years and I remember eating at the Butterfly Cafe and thinking that it was good, not great. I do, however like to give restaurants a second chance and I am glad that I did. The hostess was cheerful and seated us at a lovely water view table. Our waitress was knowledgable and dealt with my pick Margarita instructions perfectly. The drink was amazing. EVERYTHING we ordered was stupendous. I;m not sure if my visit years ago was an off night or if they have a new chef but this experience was what I look for in a restaurant. It's great that I now have two go to amazing restaurants in Marathon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,494)

Reviewed 3 February 2018

We stayed at Tranquility Bay, where the Butterfly Cafe is. Walked over on our last night of vacation after calling for reservation earlier that day. We were a bit nervous about taking our 4 and 5 year old children there, but there was no need. Our server was wonderfully kind and helpful to the children, bringing plastic cups with lids and a bread basket right out. She made it clear we were welcome. The yellow tail snapper and grouper were some of the best we ever had, and the TDF dessert is one not to miss!

1  Thank Kelsey L
Reviewed 31 January 2018

We are staying at the Tranquility Bay Resort, so had our first meal in Marathon here. Our waitress (I wish I had gotten her name) was outstanding. She is friendly, talkative and very helpful. Probably the most senior server there. I started with a shrimp cocktail. My wife debated on the warm goat cheese, but decided it was too much. She went with the coconut shrimp, fried just right and served with an excellent size. Since I tried a piece, I can attest for that. I had the yellow tail snapper. Great mango sauce and not overcooked, something easy to do with fish like that. We both truly enjoyed our evening, made even better by the aforementioned waitress.

Reviewed 31 January 2018 via mobile

Great ambiance and delicious food. Slightly weird smell inside, but so pretty and quaint. Tried several dishes between our group of 5 and everyone loved all of them. Key lime martini a bit better than butterfly martini. Would go again if we had more time! One of our favorites, for sure.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Food was delicious and service impeccable. Excellent wine pairing. I'd suggest to make a reservation and dress up a little.