4,112 results
All reviewsthe butterfly cafeadult poolfamily poolthree bedroomlagoon pooltj's tiki barbedroom beachfrontbeach frontmain poolkey westmaster bedroomputting greenwater sportsfull kitchenturtle hospitalsea grassadirondack chairs
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

It's easy to love this place. The front desk staff was wonderful, and they willingly went out of their way to be helpful. The grounds are gorgeous, the architecture is so pretty, and the family pool is nice and warm.

But I did not care for the interior of the townhouse. The upstairs is stark and white, which I found to be cold and uninviting. The living room was in need of updating.

Another disappointment was the condition of the beach. The pictures show it clean and pristine, but the reality is that it is full of washed-up seaweed, making it very unappealing. Apparently they don't keep it groomed, because it was just as bad first thing in the morning as it had been in the afternoon.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 1CatchTheWind1
Tranquility1234, Front Office Manager at Tranquility Bay Beach House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 1CatchTheWind1,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review following your recent stay at Tranquility Bay. We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with our guestrooms and will be keeping your comments in mind while we focus on improving our guest experience. We appreciate your feedback as it is important to us to make sure we meet every guest’s expectations. We hope there will be an opportunity to welcome you back to the resort again so you can tell us what you think about the improvements we make to the guest rooms.

All the best,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I made a last minute return trip to the resort in March having stayed in a beach house/townhouse a few weeks earlier. There were no town house accommodations available only the one room units, which we booked. It was a short stay of 3 nights. We ended up adding a night and had to change rooms from a larger room to a smaller room on the added night. While we were happy to be back at Tranquility Bay and enjoyed the resort we were not as happy with the room. It was peak season and the cost for one of the nights was in excess of $600 so not an inexpensive stay. The larger room was the shocker. The closet door fell off the track when I opened it the first time so thereafter I was careful opening it afraid that it would fall on me. Secondly, I absolutely could not believe my eyes when I saw the small disposable hot beverage cups next to the coffee maker. It honestly made me want to laugh or cry, but I didn't know which to do. My husband later surprised me with mugs that he'd purchased at a store nearby. We still have them and every time I use one I remember those horrid paper coffee cups. Please put real mugs in the rooms. Why would you not have real mugs in the rooms?
The third disappointment was the odd placement of or maybe lack of furniture. The beds were against one wall and the TV was way across the room against the opposite wall with a huge empty space between that just didn't seem right. It was almost difficult to see the TV from the beds. Generally, it was not very attractive, kind of old and worn looking as well.The room had a small porch facing out towards the water feature but also faced a walkway and was connected to the porch of the neighboring room so no privacy. The small fridge and microwave were handy. No on site laundry facilities for the garden rooms. The smaller room on the second floor that we stayed in on our last night was cozier looking, had windows along one wall and overlooked the small pool but no balcony. I enjoyed watching the palm tree leaves move in the breeze at night though. We ate most lunches and dinners at the Tiki bar which was enjoyable. We very much enjoyed lounging on the beach and at the family pool. We do plan to return but will only book a townhouse in the future. Not a horrible stay, just a little disappointing. I did not complain about the issues during our stay because I didn't want to use my time that way. I find it hard to believe that the staff would not have noticed the closet door. These things should be fixed between guest stays.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A wonderfully welcoming location for a quick getaway at the end of summer. Angela at the front desk was wonderful: she welcomed us with a smile and helped us find just the right local venues for what we had in mind. Although the beach area is limited (as is typical in the key without boat access), it was fun and convenient and the Tiki Hut drinks were great. We got a standard room although next time I think we'll go for the ocean facing beach houses that looked amazing. Room was large, beds were comfortable, and it had all the amenities needed. Thanks Angela and Company for a great visit and we'll be sure to come back again!!

Room Tip: Beach houses seem like the best bet with great views. Ask for one close to one of the three pools as well.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank tagml

Greetings tagml,

Your comments mean a lot to us and we are so pleased to hear about your happy experience at Tranquility Bay. It is fantastic to hear how well you were looked after by Angela at the front desk and we will ensure that she is made aware of your comments. Thank you for choosing Tranquility Bay as your destination in the Florida Keys!

We hope to see you again,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we had one of the garden rooms right next to the swimming pool.
The location is well set out with a small pool by the garden rooms, a large family pool and an adults only pool. There are always plenty of beach beds where ever you want to go. The beach was clean but whilst we were there the water was quite murky so the snorkelling not so good.
Restaurant had good food and good service but expensive compared to some of the of site eateries. The bar was the same but I guess you pay for location. We did wander down for sunset drinks each night
Some improvements could be made. There was a microwave in the room but not cutlery or crockery. The only cups put out were coffee styrene cups or plastic cups a couple of wine glasses would have been useful.
there was no safe in the room most unusual.
We were at the end of our holiday and tend to run out of some clothes so are used to having a laundry service. There is non available on site unless you are in the bigger apartments where they have washing machines. We resorted to hand washing but with no line in the shower area there was no where to hang clothes up to dry.
However little niggles aside we really like this place.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Hartlovap,

We appreciate the time you took to share your comments with us following your recent stay. We value your feedback tremendously and will keep it in mind as we work to improve our guest experiences. We hope there will be an opportunity to welcome you back to the resort again in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First time at Tranquility Bay and we loved it. The units were super comfortable, great staff and surprising little beach that was fabulous...Having said that, our unit did need some fixing especially the tile floor that was broken and uneven making it a bit dangerous to walk on.. Can not wait to come back!and hopefully it will be fixed....

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Maria A,

This is exactly what we like to hear! Thank you for sharing your comments with us following your recent stay at Tranquility Bay. We aim to please with our service and close attention to detail, so it’s a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your visit. Here’s to your next stay with us!